• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Drove around Lawrence, Green, Daviees and Martin Counties going to my parents for Thanksgiving... didn't see a single deer ANY WHERE.

They must be in Vegas for a venison convention or something.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Drove around Lawrence, Green, Daviees and Martin Counties going to my parents for Thanksgiving... didn't see a single deer ANY WHERE.

They must be in Vegas for a venison convention or something.

take you a light and go drive down Dry Branch Rd (1 mile west of the gate) and there will be more deer than you can shake a stick at!!!

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Seen 3 does today from 7-11:45a.m., had 1 come in to the coyote call around 10:30 just about got ran over on that one!

All in all pretty good day

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    heh, I can drive around some of the non-hunting areas on Crane and see 100 does at a time.

HICKMAN... I bet next week will be a good one. Cold temps, possible snow will ahve them out in a feeding frenzy. Hopefully it will continue into the 3rd and smell of black powder will be in the air.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Pulled the trail cam card from one I have in the woods just behind our garage and look who showed up on it last night grrrrrrr

PICT0026.JPG

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    HICKMAN... I bet next week will be a good one. Cold temps, possible snow will ahve them out in a feeding frenzy. Hopefully it will continue into the 3rd and smell of black powder will be in the air.

yeah, looks tomorrow evening will still start the cooling

Deer seasons end on Sunday and pick up again on Saturday the 3rd, as well as late Turkey season with the bow.

Think the boy and I will head out to the farm this afternoon for a little bassfishing at the pond and drop some squirrels.

Temps drop tomorrow afternoon, so he and I will be in a blind looking for deer then.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Weather sure does look good next week....when we cant hunt, haha. I was out Wed and thurs. working to day but ill be back out this weekend, if the rain doesnt scare me off....

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    FINALLY!!!
    I have hunted the same woods for 20 years, it used to be a deer haven, now they have put in two houses south of the woods. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but people are trespassing out there, I have found numerous paint balls and pop cans around the woods. This is good enough for now, meat in the freezer.
    IMG_1108.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    FINALLY!!!
    I have hunted the same woods for 20 years, it used to be a deer haven, now they have put in two houses south of the woods. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but people are trespassing out there, I have found numerous paint balls and pop cans around the woods. This is good enough for now, meat in the freezer.
    IMG_1108.jpg

thats a big doe!!!!.....nice kill!!!

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Thank you. Yes she is. I saw her buy herself and thought she was big, but there were other does walking up to her so I waited till they got close to her so I could compare size, and my first thought was right, she was big.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Darn these ethics!

Went out with dad Friday...
    Could have had meat in the freezer but I was raised ethical and all that...

Had just gotten settled in my stand when I heard noise REAL close under me, looked down and there was a deer sniffing and circling the scent canister I'd hung in a tree less than 20 yards away... (Whitetail Labs Hot Buck fyi)

Problem is, it was 6:40am, legal shooting time wasn't till about 7:05... Five or ten minutear early may be one thing, but 30 minutes early is a whole different story, I wanted to shoot SO bad, but didn't... after about ten minutes it wandered off behind me (never spooked) and disappeared...

Saw a nice doe about 8:00 am, maybe 100-120 yards off through the woods, too far for a shot through the brush, wasn't going to try to thread the needle at that distance...

We've determined we have a morning woods... Probably a solid 95% of the deer taken from our woods have all been in the morning, you rarely even see anything in the afternoon or evening... Morning can be like a zoo, saw two deer, 4 squirrels, 2 turkey, and a metric sh@t-ton (gotta be precise) of other assorted winged annoyances, crows and woodpeckers mainly, the two that will drive ya crazy! One squirrel wanted to pay me a visit, got halfway up my tree and was looking up at me looking down at him and decided he didn't want to do that...

A bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work! And saw a HUGE racked buck Thursday night on the way to the woods. Not a huge body, but the rack was BIG, the whole deer was out of proportion, lol.

Top Bottom