• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I guess I don't get it. I know my buddy and I weren't that far down on the list and still haven't heard if we can come. Now you're saying there is gonna be a lot of people there????!!!!!! So what about the people who signed up to shoot?? Do we not get a chance to come see whats going on and to meet people or is this just a "important people on the forum" meeting???

This event was filled in the order of PMs received by me and there had to be a stopping point as for the people attending. We felt it was necessary to keep the amount of people "watching" limited to just a few with this being the first event of this type. What I meant by a lot of people attending is based on the list posted in the OP. There are a few guests that will also be attending which was also based on the order of PMs received. As of today's date, there has only been 1 drop-out in the Long Range event and it was filled via the standby list. Looking at the list I have Hunter46140 you are #6 on that list, once again based on the order of PM's received. This event is not a "friend's only" event as myself I only know 2 other people that are attending, and another that I just met the other day during a sale. As popular as this event has become we will not be posting the address on this forum do to security reasons. There will not be enough people to police the property owners property to make this an open to anyone event.

As I said OVER AND OVER, if this goes as planned I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for those that WEREN'T able to attend to attend the next event and have priority over those that attended this event.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Is there going to be another shoot after march 14 2010 ? i would like to sign up as soon a list is started

depending on how this goes i would love to host more events. i cant imagine it going bad. the only problem i have is the first week of april we plant and all my ranges get cut down to 100-200 yards. then in october-nov (this year december) we harvest so i have my ranges back but its deer season. by the end of deer season the weather is like this so i think ill only have a month or so window every year. mabye we could set somthing up for right after we get the end rows off. we will defintally try

samariojeep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fishers
    sounds good

depending on how this goes i would love to host more events. i cant imagine it going bad. the only problem i have is the first week of april we plant and all my ranges get cut down to 100-200 yards. then in october-nov (this year december) we harvest so i have my ranges back but its deer season. by the end of deer season the weather is like this so i think ill only have a month or so window every year. mabye we could set somthing up for right after we get the end rows off. we will defintally try

this is such a great event i am so glad that I joined this forum I have been looking for events like this closer to home for a while now. I know I am not the only one to say thanks for putting the time and effort to put something like this together. if you need any volunteers to help out on a weekend to setup or build targets let me know I would be more than happy to fit on my schedule.

during what month do you get the end rows off? I wanted to put on my calendar so i can keep and eye out for the event showing up on INGO.

thank you,

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    we usually get enough end rows off by october first. oct first is opening day of bow season and we like to have 30ish yards between the woods and field. there is more than one spot on the farm we can do 200 yard shoots. but the real long range needs all the crops gone. ive been thinking and there may be a spot i can get 200 yds year round. we would be shooting over a deer food plot, but we are planting rape that doesn't draw deer until after the first frost.

miltarypol21 deserves most the thanks for the event. it was his idea and he has done the leg work. i just posted up that we could do it at my place and helped answer some questions

samariojeep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fishers
    we usually get enough end rows off by october first. oct first is opening day of bow season and we like to have 30ish yards between the woods and field. there is more than one spot on the farm we can do 200 yard shoots. but the real long range needs all the crops gone. ive been thinking and there may be a spot i can get 200 yds year round. we would be shooting over a deer food plot, but we are planting rape that doesn't draw deer until after the first frost.

miltarypol21 deserves most the thanks for the event. it was his idea and he has done the leg work. i just posted up that we could do it at my place and helped answer some questions

Well thank you for providing the range, and i'll be sure to thank him as well once i get my 15 post i will send him a PM. thank you and let me know if you need volunteers.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    For Those That Are Attending:

What do you guys think about a speed shoot. Have 2 shooters standing up behind their rifles. 1 Balloon each downrange. When the RO says GO. Both go to prone and the first one to pop their balloon wins... just another idea of a few that we are thinking up.

And what does everything think about having a pitch in for food during the event??

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN

What do you guys think about a speed shoot. Have 2 shooters standing up behind their rifles. 1 Balloon each downrange. When the RO says GO. Both go to prone and the first one to pop their balloon wins... just another idea of a few that we are thinking up.

And what does everything think about having a pitch in for food during the event??

Yes, this is a great idea... Repped.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute

Tough to do for a sling shooter.

+1 on the food.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    This is something we can do after the main events are over for those that are interested (time permitting). As for the food, I added a pitch-in list to the main post for those that wish to help out.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Due to the amount of space "The Shooting List", "The Stand-by List", and "Guest List" are all full for this event. This event turned out to be much more popular than I had imagined, so I'm hoping for more future events for those that weren't able to participate in this one.

What is the current standby list look like? Was wondering on where I was at on it.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    A couple of these would be fun at 100 yards.
    First to reset wins.

Set Of 2 .22 Cal. Auto Reset Targets, Shooting Supplies, Cottonwood Outdoors at Sportsman's Guide

I'll purchase one.

That looks pretty cool! Who was it that said they had some steel for the long range event?

how about the people that are going just to watch the event? Is there a stanby list for them as well?

if such list exist is there a chance for me to get on it?
    thank you

There isn't such a list that I am aware of. I passed that information onto Vette as it's his property and his call as to how many people are coming out to watch. I'm pretty sure (but don't quote me on it) if someone that plans on watching doesn't show, that's just going to be one less person there. We are going to have a tough enough job seeing that all the shooters arrive let alone having to account for all the watchers. Thanks for the question, I look forward to seeing you at the next event.

samariojeep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fishers
    attending the event to watch

On my last post i asked Militarypolice about the list of onlookers and i was wondering if there is no list , if it would be possible for me to show up to watch the event.

thank you,

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have three 12 inch plates, 1 6 or 8 inch? and 1 four inch... they have holes in the top, but i have not made stands for them yet...

i also a a 6 inch "auto popper" that we can use...

all ar 500 steel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom