• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    For informational purposes only. Here's what the 175 mollies will do at 500 yards with 45g of VV140, no wind correction

picture.php

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    if i have a load worked up by then, i will be running 155's over either varget or 4895.... have 100 bullets to get a good load, some dope, and still have enough held over for the comepetition.... might be pushing it.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    is that the Odyssey? I have one of those in Black and really like it.
    Yes, the tan was the last one that Stocky's had.
    Very nice stock, but disappointed that the recoil pad wasn't fitted. Not that big of a deal as a belt sander should fit it up nicely.
    As with most prone stocks that I've seen, that were patterned off the Anschutz, the forearm is too squared off for sling shooting. I'll probably give it a little more radius and then have to repaint.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    FYI the 155 Scenars are on sale right now at midwayusa. I just ordered 300 :)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    FYI the 155 Scenars are on sale right now at midwayusa. I just ordered 300 :)

thanks, but i have to many irons in the fire right now... have a bunch of money out in parts, and until i recoup it getting the work back to customers my gun money is rather low for the moment.... that last order to get the bluing tanks up and running tapped me out... hopefully i can get done what needs to be done with 2 pounds of varget, 1 pound of 4895, and 100 scenars... hell if the shoot good enough i might be able to get some more by the comp depending... right now my USO for my .308 is unavailable for this compeition unless something changes.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    What brass? The old Winchester loved 45.3 of Varget.

once fired FGMM brass thats will be neck sized only (w/ slight sholder setback)... i have a .333 and .334 bushing for my redding die.... will pony up for some unfired match brass eventually and sort by water volume and all the good stuff eventually but i am just concentrating on keeping time behind the rifle for now, not behind the bench.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Very nice Mil.
    I've got a Sweet 22 here that I bought for another project, but I thought the Super Sniper may be the better option for this event.

Anybody got any groups from 200 yards with a rf? I don't have any idea what to expect or to strive for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom