Not open for further replies.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Very nice Mil.
    I've got a Sweet 22 here that I bought for another project, but I thought the Super Sniper may be the better option for this event.

Anybody got any groups from 200 yards with a rf? I don't have any idea what to expect or to strive for.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...distance_with_my_10_22_range_report_pics.html

although i suspect that w/ a longer than 16 inch barrel, and one that isnt a lightweight you will get better results.... or even a bolt action for that matter.

samariojeep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fishers
    There is an Attention section on the original post. I wanted to confirm that the event was full. if no more shooters are able to attend what about onlookers, can i still come? what is the charge?
    thank you,
    When will the next one be??

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There is an Attention section on the original post. I wanted to confirm that the event was full. if no more shooters are able to attend what about onlookers, can i still come? what is the charge?
    thank you,
    When will the next one be??

this is a free event. just show up and shoot and get to know folks. i think we are at the max as far as competitors and watchers. i want to keep the number of people under 30. there is a stand by list and im not sure how many is on it. im sure there will be more events like this at my place and other places. this event has gotten alot more interest than i ever dreamed. should be a good time

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    2010 RimFire / Long Range Shoot

Date: Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time: Safety Briefing starts at 11am

Location: Zip Code 47353 (Approximately 10min. South of Richmond, IN) You will be PM'd with directions on a closer date.

ATTENTION:
    Due to the amount of space "The Shooting List", "The Stand-by List", and "Guest List" are all full for this event. This event turned out to be much more popular than I had imagined, so I'm hoping for more future events for those that weren't able to participate in this one.

RimFire Shooting Order :
    1. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (Ruger 10/22)
    2. AirbornePFC - 42679vette (CZ 452)
    3. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (CZ452)
    4. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (Ruger 10/22)
    5. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (Ruger 10/22)
    6. Militarypol21 - JsHarmon7 (.17HMR)
    7. Lewisjt - Sandman (Ruger 10/22)
    8. JsHarmon7 - Militarypol21 (.22LR)
    9. Sandman - Lewisjt (Ruger 10/22)
    10. 42769vette - AirbornePFC (.22MAG)
    11. 40calpunisher - AllenM (.22MAG)
    12. Mrw - (waiting on PM) (.22LR or .22MAG)

Long Range Shooting Order :
    1. Lewisjt - Sandman (308 or AR223)
    2. M107 - AllenM (308)
    3. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (308)
    4. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (308)
    5. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (AR15)
    6. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (AR15)
    7. AllenM - M107 (308)
    8. Sandman - Lewisjt (308 or AR223)

More Information:
    Incase of rain we still plan on shooting. We will move the firing line to inside the barn that is on the property. The only downfall is, depending on the amount of rain/mud, the Long Range Event will either need to be moved to 500 yards or closer or may even be cancelled depending on weather.

The Safety Briefing will be at 11am and the shoot will last a few hours. It would be a good idea to either eat before you arrive or bring a packed lunch since this event will be out in the middle of nowhere.

Vette is also giving us access to an ATV and UTV, along with multiple 4x4 trucks to hall people to and from the targets when needed.

Everyone is encouraged to bring handguns or any other gun that is on the approved list. After the events are complete there will be plenty of time to shoot these if you wish at some random items that will be available to you. Once again, this is ONLY after the events have taken place.

Before the shoot and after the Safety Briefing we are allowing 30 minutes to get your rifles zero'd for the events. I hope most of you already know your drop (if not send 42769vette a PM and he will run it through his calculator) and I hope many of you are as close as possible to zero before arriving.

Litlratt along with IndyGunworks will also be at this event and are known by many for their Long Range expertise. I'm hoping this event is just as much educational as it is fun. Take the time to learn a few tips from these guys and have an all around good time!

Rules :
    • Bring eye and hearing protection.
    • No alcohol allowed until AFTER all shooting is over.
    • No armor piercing or incendary rounds allowed.
    • Listen to the Range Officer and follow his commands.
    • Respect the propery belonging to 42769vette, returning it back to the way it was before the shoot.
    • Everyone that shows up is required to participate in clean-up after the shoot, bringing the area back to the way it was before the shoot.
    RimFire Event #1
    This event will no longer be timed. We figured many of you don't have the option to shoot at distances like these so why should we rush you through the event. Take your time and hit your targets! The targets for this event will still be multicolored large balloons at 50, 100, and 150 Yards. Depending on how many steel plates we come up with we might throw a few of them out there as well. I will add, there will be a stopping point for each shooter, which will be determined at a later point, or else some people (including myself) could possibly be out there all night trying to hit the targets.

RimFire Event #2
    This will not be a timed event either. Take your time and hit the targets! These targets will be small golf balls hanging from a string. They will be at 50 and 75 yards. These will most likely be moving in the wind so you will need to adjust for that. The yardage is a lot closer because the targets are a lot smaller. Once again, there will be a stopping point for this event as well to get every shooter an opportunity to shoot.

Long Range Event #1
    This also will not be a timed event. We are also replacing the water balloons with steel targets at 600 and 700 yards. We will be spending way too much time driving out to the targets to replace the balloons, not to mention how much time it will take filling all these up. For those that aren't sure if they will be able to hit a target at 600 or 700 yards, we are considering adding two more steel targets (if we can get some more) and place them at 400 and 500 yards as well. Once again, there will be a stopping point for this event to get every shooter through.

"I'd Like to thank everyone for their interest, planning, and set-up for this event with the hopes of more events of this type happening in the future! I hope everyone has a good time, learns something new, and meets new INGOers along the way :ingo:."

SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST

Looking forward to this!!!

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    this is a free event. just show up and shoot and get to know folks. i think we are at the max as far as competitors and watchers. i want to keep the number of people under 30. there is a stand by list and im not sure how many is on it. im sure there will be more events like this at my place and other places. this event has gotten alot more interest than i ever dreamed. should be a good time

Yes, what ^ said... there's going to be a lot of people there right now so we had to put a stopping point somewhere for this event. Keep checking out the INGO Events thread because I'm sure there will be plenty more events to come! And to add there is a stand-by list, its just sitting here next to me.. I forgot to post it when I posted the new shooting order. I'll get on that!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Change me to a CZ 452 i just picked up today... still have to take it out and stretch its legs and get some data but i am guessing it will be G2G

anybody have any CZ 452 mags i can borrow?

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Also, is there a list of ppl to PM for directions that just want to come watch? I might bring a small army of relatives to watch/help out.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Also, is there a list of ppl to PM for directions that just want to come watch? I might bring a small army of relatives to watch/help out.

i really dont want a small army there. mabye im crazy but this will be wierd for me having x people on my farm that i dont know. out of everyone comming ill know 3 people so i would like to keep the numbers down. im sure that makes sence to some folks here.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN

The attendees list for this event has been closed. Right now we are looking at a whole bunch of people that are showing. Like mentioned earlier I'm sure there will be plenty more events like this in the near future for those that were unable to attend this one.

A PM will be sent out to all attendees about a week in advance.

Are both of the events closed? Actually the better question.... what is the shooter cap for the events?

What do you mean? All the events are going on as planned in the OP minus the timing portion. After talking to vette and a few others, many people don't get the option to shoot at these distance. Having them hurry through the events is unnecessary. There will be a time cap for each shooter which will be determined the day of the event which will all depend on weather / wind and whatnot. We will make it so that every shooter will get a chance to run the course. Once everything is over there will be plenty of time to "free shoot"

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I guess I don't get it. I know my buddy and I weren't that far down on the list and still haven't heard if we can come. Now you're saying there is gonna be a lot of people there????!!!!!! So what about the people who signed up to shoot?? Do we not get a chance to come see whats going on and to meet people or is this just a "important people on the forum" meeting???

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I guess I don't get it. I know my buddy and I weren't that far down on the list and still haven't heard if we can come. Now you're saying there is gonna be a lot of people there????!!!!!! So what about the people who signed up to shoot?? Do we not get a chance to come see whats going on and to meet people or is this just a "important people on the forum" meeting???

dont start that "important people" ****. its impossible to make everyone happy. we did our best on this event and this event wasn't your event to be happy. it really p***es me off that you try to do somthing nice for folks and somone still complaining.

its defintally not the important people or my friends comming. as stated before i know 2 people at this thing the rest i know through pm and mabye 1 phone call to militarypol.

im shocked that you are suprised that im not comfortable with 100 people running around my farm that i dont know. if all goes well (i have no reason to believe it wont) next time we will have more people. partially because there will be more people i know and can help me supervise.

people like you will make this the last event on my farm. i hope it doesn't come to that because im really looking forward to the shooting and meeting folks

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom