• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm sure the second go around will have plenty more openings... this will more or less be a test run (im sure all will go well though)

..and ricochets count as long as I don't get hit by one! haha

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    22 lr 200yrd drop...

Did a little Googling today at work. And found two sources that gave the bullet drop for .22's at about 40" at 200 yrds, just FYI to help you all out!:ingo:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    my wolf match dope out of a 16 inch tac sol barrel... approx 1050 fps.

25y 0
    50y 0
    75y 1.5moa
    100y 5moa
    125y 9.5 moa
    150y 14 moa
    175y 18moa
    200y..... forgot to write it down but if i didnt move the scope before i read the dope is should be around 22 or 23 moa... dont quote me on it though.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    my wolf match dope out of a 16 inch tac sol barrel... approx 1050 fps.

25y 0
    50y 0
    75y 1.5moa
    100y 5moa
    125y 9.5 moa
    150y 14 moa
    175y 18moa
    200y..... forgot to write it down but if i didnt move the scope before i read the dope is should be around 22 or 23 moa... dont quote me on it though.

Just curious, are you using subsonic ammo so it doesn't have to slow through the transonic range and get all tumbly? I'm still new at the longer distance stuff. Do you get better accuracy out of ammo that starts out subsonic?

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    At this point, I haven't seen anything that would suggest what the course of fire is for the long range portion.

Maybe 10 hits per target, 5 points for 600 and 10 points for 700. Score is then divided by time?
    With a maximum allotted time of ???

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    For all those that would like to figure their dope before we shoot I suggest you bring your own paper targets. I will have stands set up at various yardage for you when you arrive. I'll add this to the OP.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    DOPE from last saturday w/ federal bulk out of a 21 inch barrel, 20 degrees... you can see the differance between the last set and this set, and see where the bullet went subsonic and was no longer consitant.

25 0
    50 0
    75 1.5
    100 6
    125 10.5
    150 15
    175 24 moa
    ran out of elevation and use a hold over to get hits at 200.

i have since ordered a very nice mil/mil FFP scope 20 moa base med rings, and am going to try and have my barrel threaded for my suppressor before i dope it again.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    notice the differance to get to 175.... 18 moa vs. 24 moa.... it was either the bullet going subsonic, or maybe it was never supersonic and the ammo was just going super slow due to the below freezing temps which is entirely possible because i dialed around 1 moa extra at all the other distances... differant scopes to, so they may not have had equal values of adjustments... the world will never know.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    For all those that would like to figure their dope before we shoot I suggest you bring your own paper targets. I will have stands set up at various yardage for you when you arrive. I'll add this to the OP.

Due to my schedule I may not get to the range before the day of the shoot. Anyone have experience with what ammo is running well in a CZ 452... mine is brand new and I hate not getting a chance to shoot, but that's the schedule I'm dealing with. Just found out yesterday though that 2 weeks after this event I am going to NG Sniper school!!! So I may want a re-match when I get back :D

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Due to my schedule I may not get to the range before the day of the shoot. Anyone have experience with what ammo is running well in a CZ 452... mine is brand new and I hate not getting a chance to shoot, but that's the schedule I'm dealing with. Just found out yesterday though that 2 weeks after this event I am going to NG Sniper school!!! So I may want a re-match when I get back :D

Congrats on the Sniper School... you are no longer wanted at any future events (JUST KIDDING) haha... You will have plenty to teach us when you return! We'll make sure there is plenty of time to put some rounds on paper before the actual events take place.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

talk to indygunworks

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Good Luck on Sniper School, Learn a lot, and come back and teach US !

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

:dunno: I just posted data from a 21 inch barrel two posts above this question what more do you want?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom