• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Here's something to consider, posted this morning by a friend of mine on FB:

Human nature is human nature. None of this should surprise anyone who is a student of history, yet somehow it always does.

I've come to the conclusion that it is human nature to remember history with our own personal or cultural slant, which is to not remember history at all.

I also think it's human nature to see these issues as simple "us verses them", when they should know in their hearts that the issues are much more complex with right and wrong being dealt, not in big swaths by groups, but in little nibbles by individuals.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Mr. Freeman:

With all due respect, Sir, you're an attorney. How do these possibly look related? One was an angry resident being confronted in his house over a noise complaint, with very little time to form any sort of intent, and the other was a street assassination with the intent thought out well in advance.
    Mr. Wad, with all due respect to you, did Mr. Freeman do something to p*** you off? Like date your wife, run over your dog, throw a brick at your house (some attornies can be rather aggressive.) You seem to be having fun slamming him. I don't even know the dude and might consider running over him while he's jogging along the highway myself but I don't see what he's done to get under your saddle.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've come to the conclusion that it is human nature to remember history with our own personal or cultural slant, which is to not remember history at all.

I also think it's human nature to see these issues as simple "us verses them", when they should know in their hearts that the issues are much more complex with right and wrong being dealt, not in big swaths by groups, but in little nibbles by individuals.

I don't think I'd consider it human nature to consider things as "us vs them", I think that is taking the easy way out and is fueled by willful ignorance to the fact that every single human being on the planet is an individual. I can think of no positive motivation behind considering any group of people to be this or that, it is always a nefarious effort by those with an agenda and seeking to bolster their cause.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So long as it's criminals with murderous intent vs. cops, I am saddened to say the criminals will probably have the upper hand. There are just too many ways these 2-legged walking piles of trash can get the upper hand, strike, and accomplish their goals before consequences hit. :xmad:

Violent criminals are still by far outnumbered by law abiding citizens--citizens who were originally envisioned by our founding fathers as composing a well-armed and well-practiced militia. People need to stand up and work for their own protection--choose sides even. Neighborhoods where the majority of people work in support of the police to get the violent criminals out have a MUCH higher success rate than those in which people are passive and let the police tackle the whole problem on their own. Take that a step further, where violent criminals have less and less expectation of victims and more and more expectation of armed citizens opposing them, and their life gets increasingly difficult.

Law-abiding citizens and cops really are in this together. Isn't it about time that folks woke up and had this little epiphany? (A really big stretch for places like NYC, I know!) The whole us vs. them with respect to cops is just plain wrong. WE are the us--cops included. THEM are the violent criminals acting against society, with "society" being US.

Walking away from the soap box now--you may return to your normal activities.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So long as it's criminals with murderous intent vs. cops, I am saddened to say the criminals will probably have the upper hand. There are just too many ways these 2-legged walking piles of trash can get the upper hand, strike, and accomplish their goals before consequences hit. :xmad:

Violent criminals are still by far outnumbered by law abiding citizens--citizens who were originally envisioned by our founding fathers as composing a well-armed and well-practiced militia. People need to stand up and work for their own protection--choose sides even. Neighborhoods where the majority of people work in support of the police to get the violent criminals out have a MUCH higher success rate than those in which people are passive and let the police tackle the whole problem on their own. Take that a step further, where violent criminals have less and less expectation of victims and more and more expectation of armed citizens opposing them, and their life gets increasingly difficult.

Law-abiding citizens and cops really are in this together. Isn't it about time that folks woke up and had this little epiphany? (A really big stretch for places like NYC, I know!) The whole us vs. them with respect to cops is just plain wrong. WE are the us--cops included. THEM are the violent criminals acting against society, with "society" being US.

Walking away from the soap box now--you may return to your normal activities.

Much the way we see it but none of our family or friends are thugs/thieves/junky's ETC.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I don't think I'd consider it human nature to consider things as "us vs them", I think that is taking the easy way out and is fueled by willful ignorance to the fact that every single human being on the planet is an individual. I can think of no positive motivation behind considering any group of people to be this or that, it is always a nefarious effort by those with an agenda and seeking to bolster their cause.

Maybe I've gotten old and jaded, but I actually believe that willful ignorance and the "us vs them" ARE human nature. But that doesn't mean that I excuse any individual for acting badly. I think that, though we have those "less than holy" instincts, it is also within the better angels of our nature to rise above them.

It's just that, during times like these, it seems that the better aspects of our nature take a bit of a backseat.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is ridiculous people ambush and kill cops. Cowards never fight fair.

i don't blame the police for the way out country is going to ****. But this group will now praise this coward as a hero

wadcutter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I know it is always about Kirk, maybe just maybe it is not a Conspiracy but . . .

Maybe Kirk thinks appeals to violence are beyond the pale and unhelpful to the RKBA movement?

Maybe Kirk does not like ignorance paraded as fact and thinks that willful ignorance tarnishes us all in the RKBA movement as dumb hicks or whack jobs?

Maybe Kirk does not believe in anarchy but believes in the rule of law and the Constitution?

Mr. Freeman:

I see you trying a pivot, but it didn't work. Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve and the others you take on don't appeal to violence. None of the people you insult appeal to violence, but there is much call for violence on this forum against "terrorists," people who the police view as a threat and people who oppose Israel.

Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve and the others you take on are the pacifists on this forum, so your attacks on their positions are not related to wanting less violence in the world.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "dumb hick," but Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve usually have excellent composition skills in their posts, so your attacks on their positions are not related to intellectual standards. Most people on the outside would find Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve to be very intelligent representatives of gun owners.

I'm not sure what you mean by not believing in the Constitution, as Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve are among the greatest fans of the Constitution, so your attacks on their positions are not related to their lack of support for the Constitution.

I recently read a post of yours in which you claimed that the inalienable rights listed in the Declaration of Independence, particularly the pursuit of happiness, are not protected by the Constitution, so Rambone, Mrjarrell, Hornady, Henry, Steve are in favor of a stronger Constitution than you, as they do believe the Ninth Amendment protects that right.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I choose to keep it simple. Anyone who believes in harming someone because of their job or the complexion of their skin, is my enemy.

Top Bottom