• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

Kick, my post count is not high enough to send you a PM. Not sure if you can PM me either. LOL

Brutal669x

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The 1911 is my favorite handgun...I cant afford a Wilson combat or a Night Hawk, But I like what I have (pictured on the far right)...I really want a Springfield Champion Lightweight Operator, but so far they have been impossible for me to find...of the 3 I do own, my Springfield is my favorite over and above the Kimber
    524168_2867608369938_108585906_n.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    old school build...not finished yet... functions fine ran 300rd's threw it in the last 2 days zero FTF'S or jams!!! ..1943 USGI Colt frame series 70 slide with Micro front and rear sight.....can you say Bullseye!!

1qk1t5.jpg

bedhqr.jpg

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    I'm an aesthetics kind of guy, as much as I am a practicality kind of guy. This Gov. 1911 is probably my favorite handgun that I own... it's just a god solid American Classic Government Model 1911. I would love to have a nice Kimber, or Sig, or Remington 1911... but over $700 is just too impractical to me for a handgun. I payed $400 for this, and while it has some feeding issues sometimes, it's still my favorite. But, if I had that kind of disposable income, you bet I would drop $700 on a handgun.

Anyway, here's one of my babies.

100_1004.jpg
    [/IMG]

100_1005.jpg
    [/IMG]

100_1006.jpg
    [/IMG]

Retsquid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Just bought a Umarex "Colt 1911 Goverment" model 22 cal lr (12 shot mag)for target shooting, fun to shoot and has the look and feel of the original .45...even has the 'half-cock' and grip safety....sorry, I'm new to ingunowners and have not yet learned to upload photos.

javascript:;

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Just bought a Umarex "Colt 1911 Goverment" model 22 cal lr (12 shot mag)for target shooting, fun to shoot and has the look and feel of the original .45...even has the 'half-cock' and grip safety....sorry, I'm new to ingunowners and have not yet learned to upload photos.

If you have the image hosted somewhere (like www.photobucket.com) you can link to it. Inside photobucket while looking at your picture you will see codes below it that you can copy and paste into facebook, forums, etc. You want the IMG code. Just copy and paste it in here. Alternatively, you can manually type the link in by typing the following - take the space out from between the M and G. Obviously your photobucket username and the actual file name would replace what is below as well...

[IM G]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/joshualee49/joshscolt.jpg[/IM G]
    It will show up once you post it. HTH's...

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    beautiful piece! I have the same style in the 5" and love it. My LGS has a commander just like yours, I struggle to not hold it every time I see it. Great choice! :D

Thanks. I really do love it. It's my first Colt and as such will probably always be a part of my collection. I really debated on the 5" but finally settled on this Commander model. I carry it so it won't be rich and blue forever but the poor thing gets taken apart and cleaned a couple of times per week whether or not I have even taken it to the range. I think this gun came with a touch of OCD... :D

Top Bottom