picture.php

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Helluva post there Monster Man! :yesway:

Thanks for all the positive comments. From my earliest memory I've always admired my Dad's 1911A1. Though I was around it all my life, I never fired it until after he gave it to me. I think, in total, it has had about 28 total rounds since he gave it to me, and it is now officially retired. I've had thoughts of giving it to my son, but I am not quite ready to part with it. He is named after my father, and I know that he will one day cherish it as well. For those that missed it, here it is one more time:
    1911A1RemingtonRand026.jpg

1911A1RemingtonRand010.jpg

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Ok, so I have one 1911, my first 1911 and I am working on more...

I have a 1911A1 Springer that I worked up on my own :rockwoot: Still in the process of polishing the barrel with some scotch bright...

here are some pics:

IMG_0045%255B1%255D.JPG

As you can see, a high-grip beavertail, new hammer, and trigger were added. What you can't see is there is a new recoil system, new sear (which STI and was EXTREMELY TOUGH to file), new sear spring and a new firing pin.

I love her, and she loves me...

I had some problems with feeding at first I thought it was the mags being new and all, but after checking a few things (like the extractor) I determined it was just the recoil spring.... the problem was solved.

I do carry this gun as well, she isn't too big... GI all the way.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bought it off my brother-in-law back in June for $450.00, he bought it 2 years before when he got out of the Navy and never fired it. He now works for the HSA and he is issued an H&K 45 so he felt he no longer needed it.

After all that... Ill give you $550 for it! Easy $100 bucks for you! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom