• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was in a small town awhile back and ran into a group of 8 or 10 contractors in a small diner. Struck up a converstaion with them and of course firearms came up. Next think I knew, all but one of them pulled out Kimbers and we safely passed them underneath the table to review. Never would have "expected" them to be armed and certainly wouldn't have expected them to be carrying such a quality gun. They all said you if you're gonna carry, carry the best.

Last edited:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Family018.jpg

Family023.jpg

Last edited:

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    Springfield45ACP.jpg

I bought this 20 or so years ago.
    Old School Springfield - USA built (raw frame and slide forgings from Brazil)
    Fit an Ed Brown beavertail, Chip McCormick skeletonized hammer, CMC .020" sear, EGW barrel bushingand an STI carbon fibre/titanium trigger.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Man, There are some tough looking 1911s in Indiana. I purchased my first single action .45 pistol two years ago. Previously I have owned many semi-auto pistols in varying calibers most notably for me were my Browning BDA.380 which is a nice pistol and my Beretta 92FS Inox which I still have and love. I went to 111 gun shop in Clarksville to purchase an octagon barrel Puma lever action rifle and left with my Springfield A1 1911. I saw it in the glass and my buddy at the shop said "hold this" and that is all it took. I like a heavier gun over polymer or metal over plastic any day. So I fell in love with my SA, and have been searching for a quality single action 9mm because of the comfort I have with my 1911. I really like the EMPs but a little small for my preference and way to $$$$. After months of trying to trade my Sig Pro SP2022 9mm and other guns for this 1911 in 9mm I was offered my new Springfield on trade. I could not be happier with the way this worked out. I now have two SA A1 1911s, .45 and 9mm. I feel like Christmas, I feel like I did when I was 10 and my parents got me a Schwinn Predator bicycle on Christmas morning. I was so happy that 20 years later I smile when I think about that. I could not wait to ride it so I rode it in the house in circles and my parents let me have a little fun on Christmas. I usually was prohibbited from cycling in the house and now my wife strongly discourages my shooting guns in the house.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I was in a small town awhile back and ran into a group of 8 or 10 contractors in a small diner. Struck up a converstaion with them and of course firearms came up. Next think I knew, all but one of them pulled out Kimbers and we safely passed them underneath the table to review. Never would have "expected" them to be armed and certainly wouldn't have expected them to be carrying such a quality gun. They all said you if you're gonna carry, carry the best.

Kimber Kool Aide alert! No offense.

Here are a few in my opinion represent quality 1911's, if I didn't I wouldn't own them.
    pix194778000.jpg

pix865360801.jpg

pix551283011.jpg

pix395385466.jpg

pix305808625.jpg

pix001393630.jpg

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Where did you pick these up? Do you plan to shoot them or just make them safe queens?

Safe Queens ? :): ALL of my Colts get shot. That's what they were made for. :rockwoot:
    I get them "here and there" and I've had some of them for awhile.

Top Bottom