• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love this: "But I don't shed tears over plastic." :yesway:
    I could not agree more. I've bought and sold many guns over the years and I cannot think of a single poly gun that I truly miss. There are a bunch of steel guns, including every 1911 I've ever sold, that I really wish I could have kept. I do love some of my poly guns, but they will never be more than a tool to me. The soul of a gun lives in the steel, not the plastic.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I could not agree more. I've bought and sold many guns over the years and I cannot think of a single poly gun that I truly miss. There are a bunch of steel guns, including every 1911 I've ever sold, that I really wish I could have kept. I do love some of my poly guns, but they will never be more than a tool to me. The soul of a gun lives in the steel, not the plastic.

I never thought about it like that but its true. My polymer guns I have attachments to (except my g43. Straight tool. Might as well be a hammer) but the steel guns have soul and Ive developed bonds with them. Theres just something about them.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    It's a great shooting pistol! Although it does not like Freedom Munitions reloads at all, only ammo I've ever had any problems with in it. Factory loads whether it's brass, steel, or aluminum cased are fine in it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    1911.jpgjust picked up this citadel the other day figured it would be a cheap entry level 9mm 1911. it will also probably be my beater 1911 since i hate beating up colts

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's a great shooting pistol! Although it does not like Freedom Munitions reloads at all, only ammo I've ever had any problems with in it. Factory loads whether it's brass, steel, or aluminum cased are fine in it.

Let me guess, failure to go into chamber? I know a friend of mine had issues like that when he first started reloading and had to get to OAL (?) right, basically how far the bullet sat in the case, before it would chamber correctly. Their specs must be off just enough for you to have issues.

View attachment 49898just picked up this citadel the other day figured it would be a cheap entry level 9mm 1911. it will also probably be my beater 1911 since i hate beating up colts

Looks nice, what is it? :dunno:

Never mind, reading comprehension fail... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Let me guess, failure to go into chamber? I know a friend of mine had issues like that when he first started reloading and had to get to OAL (?) right, basically how far the bullet sat in the case, before it would chamber correctly. Their specs must be off just enough for you to have issues.

That's exactly what the problem was, it wouldn't fully go into battery. Then the round would be stuck, would have to over come the extractor then knock the round out of the barrel with a cleaning rod. Had the problem with their 115 and 124 grn reloads, luckily I didn't have much of the ammo.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's exactly what the problem was, it wouldn't fully go into battery. Then the round would be stuck, would have to over come the extractor then knock the round out of the barrel with a cleaning rod. Had the problem with their 115 and 124 grn reloads, luckily I didn't have much of the ammo.

Your gun has different tolerances, so like you're doing, stick to retail ammo and you should be fine :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was looking at 1911s in 9mm the last time I was at a gun store... I decided if I was going to buy a 9, just buy another Sig. Maybe I will take the plunge one day...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Lol! I used to have one in 45, but sold off the couple 45 pistols I had. Wanted to downsize the amount of different calibers I had. Pretty much just a 9mm pistol guy now.

Like I said, just curious. I love 1911's, but prefer them in .45. If I want 9mm, my Sig's or CZ's work for that, giving me an all metal gun with soft recoil and better capacity. I will admit I have a Shield 9mm as well for when I have to CC.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    dang genXer those grips look good on the shade of park that comes on citadels look mine look pretty crappy. I heard of only a few problems with these and most were mag related. figured id pick up some wilson combat mags just in case.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    dang genXer those grips look good on the shade of park that comes on citadels look mine look pretty crappy. I heard of only a few problems with these and most were mag related. figured id pick up some wilson combat mags just in case.

Thanks! If you're looking for grips RAASCO has all kinds of different colors, just get the Rock Island safety cut.

I've got a Mec gar mag and a some Springfield mags that I use and haven't had any issues with either. Come to think of it, I haven't had any problems with the factory mags either.. Think those are Metalform brand

Top Bottom