• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This just came home yesterday after spending some time out east.

Wiley clapp stainless commander by Pete Single.

It was given a number not a name. It's number is 47

Nice. Not sure if I had seen the WC stainless commander. I have the blued model and really like it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Got a chance to run the new Ruger SR1911 9mm today, pictured below in front of the Smith SC E-Series. It comes with black rubber grips standard from the factory, and I added the wood "eagle" grips to dress it up a bit. It ran like a champ. Had a couple times near the end where it didn't go fully into battery, which I'm sure was a bit of break-in, and I had it pretty well filthy by that point. It might benefit from a slightly stiffer recoil spring. But it's dead-center accurate, and has a really nice trigger right out of the gate.

IMG_2599_zpsi1pgm97s.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got a chance to run the new Ruger SR1911 9mm today, pictured below in front of the Smith SC E-Series. It comes with black rubber grips standard from the factory, and I added the wood "eagle" grips to dress it up a bit. It ran like a champ. Had a couple times near the end where it didn't go fully into battery, which I'm sure was a bit of break-in, and I had it pretty well filthy by that point. It might benefit from a slightly stiffer recoil spring. But it's dead-center accurate, and has a really nice trigger right out of the gate.

IMG_2599_zpsi1pgm97s.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Both guns look very nice! :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks! I still remember how much I liked your SR1911, and it definitely helped put me over the edge on this new one in 9mm. Honestly, I think I enjoyed your SR1911 more than the V-Bob I had at the time.

Yep, that SR1911 made a great first 1911 for me. Glad you like the 9mm version so well! :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Is that a ladyhawk? Blue?

It is and I am not ashamed to admit it is in my holster. Ran a bunch of reloads, hollowpoints and junk factory ammo through it yesterday and it ran fine. Shot a USPSA match with it today and again ran fine. Cleaned it up and put it on duty.

I might let the wife a kid shoot it.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Nice. Saw that pistol at NRA convention in Louisville this spring. Thought is was striking! Enjoy it! Feel free to share your thoughts on how it shoots too.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Nice. Saw that pistol at NRA convention in Louisville this spring. Thought is was striking! Enjoy it! Feel free to share your thoughts on how it shoots too.

It shoots like you would expect. Sighted in perfectly at 15-20 yards for my hand loads. I like the sights! I have not had the opportunity to stretch its legs yet. Light recoil but the muzzle dips a bit when it goes back into battery. I think my full size gun handles a little quicker on the splits. The slimmed down frame with slim grips makes for a different feel. Trigger breaks at 3.5-3.75 lb on my scale. I am really impressed with how this gun is fit, definately on par with my Wilson Tactical Elite and I think better then the Wilson Professional in which I have had some quality bench time. Reverse crown barrel, oversized safety and recessed slide stop on the right side are nice touches. Only thing I would add would be a bobtail.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It shoots like you would expect. Sighted in perfectly at 15-20 yards for my hand loads. I like the sights! I have not had the opportunity to stretch its legs yet. Light recoil but the muzzle dips a bit when it goes back into battery. I think my full size gun handles a little quicker on the splits. The slimmed down frame with slim grips makes for a different feel. Trigger breaks at 3.5-3.75 lb on my scale. I am really impressed with how this gun is fit, definately on par with my Wilson Tactical Elite and I think better then the Wilson Professional in which I have had some quality bench time. Reverse crown barrel, oversized safety and recessed slide stop on the right side are nice touches. Only thing I would add would be a bobtail.

Man you have a great collection of 1911s!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Man you have a great collection of 1911s!

Not really. Most people are surprised just how few guns I own. I tend to find something I like stick and with those. 1911s and Walther P99/PPQ gets the nod. I had to sacrifice 1 1911 to make this happen. A Glock, an M&P and an XDm also had to go down the road. But I don't shed tears over plastic. Mrs. VERT told me good choice because I didn't need that many handguns and she did like the Nighthawk. It just wasn't blingy enough for her.

Top Bottom