• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    This is my remington rand rat rod 1911A1. When i got it about 4 years ago it was just a frame but it being a "united states military property" frame i decided itd be worth the cash to get it running again. I hate chopped up guns but sense this one was already incomplete and my first gunsmith messed up a lot of original parts i went ahead added what i wanted to it within taste. Its wilson combat internals with a colt gi slide and just a simple sight until i pocket some cash to have the front one milled. But i carry her everyday now that i can. No safe queens allowed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is my remington rand rat rod 1911A1. When i got it about 4 years ago it was just a frame but it being a "united states military property" frame i decided itd be worth the cash to get it running again. I hate chopped up guns but sense this one was already incomplete and my first gunsmith messed up a lot of original parts i went ahead added what i wanted to it within taste. Its wilson combat internals with a colt gi slide and just a simple sight until i pocket some cash to have the front one milled. But i carry her everyday now that i can. No safe queens allowed.

That's really nice. I love to see a USGI 1911 fit out for daily carry if they were not complete guns to begin with.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm reluctantly back in the 1911 game, and this is the gun that put me over the edge. Love the way it feels in the hand. As a former DW V-Bob owner, I'm quite impressed with the trigger on this. Fit and finish isn't quite on par with a DW, but it's very, very good... not a squeak or rattle to be found. Haven't had a chance to put live rounds through it yet, as I just traded for it earlier this week, but so far it's spot-on with the laser target from 12 yards.

20160811_102921_zpsillctpna.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm reluctantly back in the 1911 game, and this is the gun that put me over the edge. Love the way it feels in the hand. As a former DW V-Bob owner, I'm quite impressed with the trigger on this. Fit and finish isn't quite on par with a DW, but it's very, very good... not a squeak or rattle to be found. Haven't had a chance to put live rounds through it yet, as I just traded for it earlier this week, but so far it's spot-on with the laser target from 12 yards.

[/URL][/IMG]

That is REALLY nice! Looks a lot like my DW CCO, but it actually has front and back checkering, which rocks. Congrats! :yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

[/URL][/IMG]

I've got one just like it. Congratulations!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That is REALLY nice! Looks a lot like my DW CCO, but it actually has front and back checkering, which rocks. Congrats! :yesway:

Thank you WTB! Indeed, the dimensions and color combo IS very similar to your CCO, I agree!

I've got one just like it. Congratulations!

Great to hear. I've been jonesing a bit for the bitone version for a while now, but when I saw this, I had to have it. I love the grips... they're comfy, fit my hands really well, and they add a nice splash of color to the gun. Don't think I'll ever change out the grips.

Wilson Combat Professional..... pretty much the undisputed king of the hill

I'm pretty sure I just peed a little. Oh. My. Goodness. That is STUNNING.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Really wanted to wait until i took better pics to show the detail, but here is a quick phone pic of a gift for my soon to be wife.
    Picked it up today from Veritas Machining (INGO supporter) and couldnt be happier, but more on that later with more pics... heres the sneak peek.

10p25bt.jpg

Last edited:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    This just came home yesterday after spending some time out east.

Wiley clapp stainless commander by Pete Single.

It was given a number not a name. It's number is 47

Top Bottom