• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For all the thrashing given to Martin's mother for applying for the patents, I haven't seen a single story of her attempting to capitalize on this. Zimmerman is taking donations. The neighbors and HOA not willing to pony up?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For all the thrashing given to Martin's mother for applying for the patents, I haven't seen a single story of her attempting to capitalize on this. Zimmerman is taking donations. The neighbors and HOA not willing to pony up?

Funny isn't it? You'd think that with as much support he has been getting here, they'd be giving in droves, and he'd be able to resurrect Clarence Darrow (Scopes Trial).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Funny isn't it? You'd think that with as much support he has been getting here, they'd be giving in droves, and he'd be able to resurrect Clarence Darrow (Scopes Trial).

That's why I've said several times I'm not risking my livelihood for my neighbors possessions. Now that the neighborhood watch captain is in a pickle, the neighborhood watch program wasn't such a good idea. I wouldn't participate in a neighborhood watch program either. I'm not going to put myself in a legal or civil jam because of the stupidity of another.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's why I've said several times I'm not risking my livelihood for my neighbors possessions. Now that the neighborhood watch captain is in a pickle, the neighborhood watch program wasn't such a good idea. I wouldn't participate in a neighborhood watch program either. I'm not going to put myself in a legal or civil jam because of the stupidity of another.

The problem is that it's a neighbor hood "watch" program, not a neighborhood "watch," "follow," "search," "put your life at risk," program. If Zimmerman had of just "watched" it's doubtful anything would have happened.

Zimmerman is the catalyst during the immediacy of the moment. Had Zimmerman been in his home playing video games, what's the likelihood that Martin would have ended up dead? Pretty remote I imagine. If Zimmerman had been out at a movie, what's the likelihood that Martin would have committed a criminal act; we don't know but I'd also imagine fairly remote.

Zimmerman's actions were reckless, and maybe legal. One can indeed be "reckless," and "legal," and I think such applies to Zimmerman. Society has a way of shunning those that do dumb things when they should have known better. I wish no physical harm to come to Zimmerman. I want no one to abuse the law to antagonize or otherwise hinder Zimmerman's life. Quite the contrary. I want him to live a long, full life always realizing that he did something stupid. If he is forever viewed, by society, as if he has the plague, I have no issue. He made his bed, he can sleep in it.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I have no idea what kind of person Zimmerman is.
    Judging from his past actions, I do. He helped raise money for a black church, he played a pivotal role in helping to achieve justice for an older homeless black man in Sanford who was beaten up by a local policeman’s son, followed by a police cover-up of the incident, he's helped black kids in school, he's tried to watch out for his neighbors...

Hornadylnl is right. He's kind of a busy-body, I guess. Instead of just keeping to himself and minding his own business, he tries to help out others and make a difference.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    But all those could also be said for Al and Jesse. Don't forget the hostages Jesse helped ger relaesed a few years ago, and I hate giving him credit.
    We have no idea what kind of a person he was. Pedaphilles (sp) coach baseball that doesn't make them any less assoles.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I was in a SW MI gun shop yesterday and got into a discussion with the owner and a local cop who was looking at AR's. It seems that Benton Harbor, MI, where the officer works and the MI State Police, Berrien County Sheriff are all ready planning riot control for the upcoming summer because of the histrionics of the Trayvon Martin case.

This story is making me sick. There are too many opportunistic people on the left agitating this situation for publicity. There will be a riot somewhere with severe consequences over this in the future.

This may be a long violent summer throughout the country. I hope our Nobel Peace Prize president is up to the task of his honor.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Well said.

The fact that some gun owners are willing to crucify this guy over how the MEDIA has portrayed him and the events boggles my mind. Do people not realize how easy it would be for this to be one of us? How easy it would be for the media to completely twist even a totally justified self defense situation?

This thread has revealed those people NOT to depend on for help. Now you can see why Kitty Genovese is dead. Just call police, close your eyes and ears, and hide. The state will save you, all hail the state.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It has been rather shocking the number of people that have made it clear they would abandon their neighbor to misfortune rather than try to help. A passage from the Bible comes to mind but I will forego posting it due to the rules.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This thread has revealed those people NOT to depend on for help. Now you can see why Kitty Genovese is dead. Just call police, close your eyes and ears, and hide. The state will save you, all hail the state.

Unless you've personally donated to Zimmermans defense fund, we know who we can count on to support us if we ever find ourselves in Zimmermans shoes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It has been rather shocking the number of people that have made it clear they would abandon their neighbor to misfortune rather than try to help. A passage from the Bible comes to mind but I will forego posting it due to the rules.

Which neighbor of Zimmerman's did Martin put in danger?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    If Martin was assaulting someone when confronted by Zimmerman, there would be much less controversy.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Let's not forget, it is VERY likely Martin had his hand on the gun

The death weapon was a Kel-Tec PF9 semiautomatic 9mm pistol. It has been reported that the gun was recovered with a full magazine and that only the chambered round had been fired. This is a condition we associate with something preventing the gun from cycling a fresh round from the magazine into the chamber after the shot was discharged. One thing that can cause that is another man’s hand wrapped around the pistol, retarding its slide mechanism. This would indicate, as could certain gunshot residue patterns or cuts in certain places if found on Trayvon Martin’s hand(s), that a struggle for a gun was taking place when the fatal shot was fired. This would clearly change the shape of the case.

Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » GEORGE ZIMMERMAN AND TRAYVON MARTIN: WHAT WE DON'T KNOW

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Unless you've personally donated to Zimmermans defense fund, we know who we can count on to support us if we ever find ourselves in Zimmermans shoes.

If it weren't for those like you, he wouldn't have needed my donation, and the anti-self defense lobby wouldn't be bootstrapping an effort to enact a "must retreat" provision to this event. Thanks for all your help.:rolleyes:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Yes, but if I was wrestling with a man on the ground and all the sudden a gun comes out what would you do? Maybe he tried to point the gun away from him, seems very logical to me. Having GSR on his hand means nothing to this case his chest had alot of it also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom