• Status
    Not open for further replies.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I'm trying to understand the logic here. I'm being told that if Martin was in fear of a stranger following him, he was supposed to run. But since he ran away initially, that proves he was guilty so Zimmerman pursued him.
    You are the only one who keeps saying "that proves he was guilty." No one but you is saying that. Not even Zimmerman.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just reread the 911 transcript. No mention of Martin running through yards. Doesn't mean he wasn't. Doesn't mean he was. I saw nothing in the transcript that articulated any crime was being committed. If there was, why didn't he state it?

I value my livelihood way too much to risk it all on preventing theft os similar crime, let alone on mere suspicion with no crime committed. Legally, I think Zimmerman is good to go. But he's in the position he's in now for getting involved WHEN he did. If he would have stayed back until the police got there or waited til after a criminal act had been committed, he'd be good to go.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I just reread the 911 transcript. No mention of Martin running through yards. Doesn't mean he wasn't. Doesn't mean he was. I saw nothing in the transcript that articulated any crime was being committed. If there was, why didn't he state it?

I value my livelihood way too much to risk it all on preventing theft os similar crime, let alone on mere suspicion with no crime committed. Legally, I think Zimmerman is good to go. But he's in the position he's in now for getting involved WHEN he did. If he would have stayed back until the police got there or waited til after a criminal act had been committed, he'd be good to go.

He is in the position he is in now because a white hispanic shot a black kid. The bigger problem is if there ever was a porblem why did it take over one month for it to become a problem? Because the right people were not involved making it a bigger problem than it never was.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    He is in the position he is in now because a white hispanic shot a black kid. The bigger problem is if there ever was a porblem why did it take over one month for it to become a problem? Because the right people were not involved making it a bigger problem than it never was.

very true!

although for the life of me i've not been able to figure out this white hispanic business it seems like an oxymoron to me.

jake

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Where was Martin's right to be left alone? Zimmerman deserves the same brand of courtesy he extends to others. If you come at me like a punk, don't be surprised if I respond in kind.

Left alone? As far as Zimmerman knew Martin was a stranger acting suspicious walking between houses acting suspicious in the middle of the night. You walk around my neighborhood looking in windows or doing something suspicious I'm going to check you out too and I'm not even on a neighborhood watch. If the kid wasn't a stranger in the neighborhood and wasn't doing strange things Zimmerman wouldn't of checked him out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    First of all, you are assuming that Zimmerman was "creepy" and "following him" and not just observing him.

Second of all, I have a real problem with the mindset that many people seem to have that Martin had a right to start a confrontation just because he was being observed and/or followed.

If Zimmerman adds fault to this situation by getting out of his car, the Martin has to be at fault for taking "the law into his own hands" and confronting Zimmerman, rather than calling 911 himself.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, i have had an encounter with a creepy dude following me. Downtown, at night, walking with my wife. I pulled my phone out of my pocket ready to call 911, and turned around and looked at the guy. When he saw me on the phone, he turned around and walked the other way.

If Zimmerman was that creepy Martin should have called 911 himself. You are trying to input thoughts that Martin had that you cannot possibly know. I'll try that since you keep doing it, let just say Martin though" oh **** look at this cracker mother****** here, following me around, I'm gonna show what a no_limit_***** can do." Yeah I don't know if that was his thought any more than you know he thought Z to be creepy.

Being followed by someone does not give you the right to attack the person following you.

So you taught your kids to go towards strangers and handle it themselves, or did you teach them what most parents/teachers etc teach them?

• walk away,
    • run away,
    • yell,
    • scream for help,
    • call 911?

I got your point perfectly..
    I still however, question the sanity of teaching kids to react to strangers by "coming at them like a punk" "verbally or physically." Martin had a phone, he didnt use it to call for help, that we DO know..

Again, please post proof that legally, In Florida, obersving or following someone, is verboten.

If you could articulate that Martin absolutely positively did not attack Zimmerman, this thread would not exist.

If the media didnt creatively edit the 911 call to spur on the racial aspect of the case, this thread would not exist.

If the media didnt call Zimmerman "white" to spur on the racial aspect of the case, this thread would not exist.

Catch my drift?

i have a question, now admittedly i havent followed this case or thread like you guys.......

but where does the thought that martin should have ran instead of confronting if he felt himself to be in danger? in real life i doubt i would run, i would confront. that may not be the "legal" thing to do, but sometimes street law counts too.

jake

The above quotes are a good start.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    He's half white. Just like Obama is a white black.

Ow, my head hurts.

i understand that, i've just never heard that before this case. so is obama a white black then? or is this a phrase the liberals have thrust upon us to make the situation worse than should have been?

jake

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Left alone? As far as Zimmerman knew Martin was a stranger acting suspicious walking between houses acting suspicious in the middle of the night. You walk around my neighborhood looking in windows or doing something suspicious I'm going to check you out too and I'm not even on a neighborhood watch. If the kid wasn't a stranger in the neighborhood and wasn't doing strange things Zimmerman wouldn't of checked him out.

Pronounced dead @ 7:30pm, not exactly the middle of the night.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I believe he took off after the kid when the kid started running.

Kid starts running. (More suspicious behavior). Then Zimmerman chases. 911 asks if he is following, he says "yes," is told he doesn't have to, so Zimmerman stops and returns to his car.

Pretty simple.

The same thing as when we spot someone around here. Acting suspiciously. I am no cop so guilty is not what motivates me. My retired neighbors being bothered and things getting stolen do motivate me. The cops are 30 minutes away in split second situations. I will not judge you, I will approach and ask you to your face. Why are you here, what are you doing. It is not a legal or illegal act and that is the last thing on my mind. Usually when asked folks either run like the wind or state their business. The runners are "Guilty" of something or would have been if left alone. The folks who answer are either smart enough to act right or just wondering around. After contact, they wonder off or go home.
    The local LEO's will tell you that most of the crime is committed by those who drive in or ride in on the bus. The bus riders intend to leave in a vehicle. They are not from this area. Since we all have let these fools know we are watching things have settled down a lot. No more pan handlers, home robbery's etc. It is a rapidly changing world. You all need to catch up.

You are the only one who keeps saying "that proves he was guilty." No one but you is saying that. Not even Zimmerman.

So he was damned for running and damned if he didn't.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    "Originally Posted by Bubba Skinner
    Being followed by someone does not give you the right to attack the person following you."

i dont know about this, if someone is following me to the point of making me feel as if i am in danger then i'm going to confront. and depending on the response i might feel i truly am in danger and will attempt to neutralize it.

it really sounds like some folks on here have little no street time. i'm not saying that is a bad thing, but on the street things are a little different sometimes

jake

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

There is nothing in the 911 transcripts that says Martin was initially off of a public passage way or that he was looking in windows. Zimmerman said he was looking at houses and staring at him. Unless Martin was staring at his feet while walking, I'd say it's pretty reasonable that houses were within his field of vision. I guess like tracers working both ways, if Zimmerman can see Martin, Martin can see Zimmerman.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "Originally Posted by Bubba Skinner
    Being followed by someone does not give you the right to attack the person following you."

i dont know about this, if someone is following me to the point of making me feel as if i am in danger then i'm going to confront. and depending on the response i might feel i truly am in danger and will attempt to neutralize it.

it really sounds like some folks on here have little no street time. i'm not saying that is a bad thing, but on the street things are a little different sometimes

jake

If Martin knew Zimmerman was armed, is it likely that he'd attack Zimmerman first?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I can only guess the asshats entered the picture after the Martins felt like they weren't getting justice for their son and went public. We're they right for going public? I don't know.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Don't get me started on the whole racial slant the media has put on this entire mess......

"White Hispanic", a term created by the media because "black killed by Hispanic" wasn't exciting enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom