• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    According to you, IF Martin was in fact the attacker, he was justified. Or at least that is what you are implying in the first quote.

Son, don't worry about the man in the van. It's just the neighborhood watch captain.

Free-Candy-Van.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man this is going no where and not very fast.
    Elitist, tyrannical, imperialistic, where in the world did this come from. We all have opinions but this almost seems like axe grinding to my feeble little public school educated mind.
    It would do many on this thread some good to go out into the world and spend a little time. There is no real freedoms anymore. It is not safe to walk the streets anymore. It is not safe to leave valuables in the car in sight anymore. Do not shop with large amounts of cash anymore. Why do we carry side arms and train in the use of these weapons. I will tell you why, people in general are turning into a rough, self centered lot and you can not let your guard down. We eyeball everybody that walks by that is un-familiar. Most nod and say hello, the ones that do not make eye contact get labeled. Why, because we want to. We do not follow, or harass we just let them know someone is watching.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Ca we seriously just get a divorce? Those who want to control others can live here while those of us who want to be left alone will go live over there? Oh wait, this nation has a long history of going over there to control others.

You are the one convicting a guy, that has had every bit of anything about him abused, misrepresented or outright fabricated, and you are saying you just want to be left alone. You sir are a hypocrite.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ca we seriously just get a divorce? Those who want to control others can live here while those of us who want to be left alone will go live over there? Oh wait, this nation has a long history of going over there to control others.

I am sorry, but you are just as guilty of seeing only one side of this, as you accuse others whose position is different than yours.

• The people in the gated community just wanted to be left alone, despite the crime problems they were having.
    • Zimmerman wanted his community left alone
    • Zimmerman, as per the 911 tape, went to meet the police after being told to, he wanted to be left alone
    There is OBVIOUSLY more than one side to this story, but you just can't even step outside your paradigm and see it from any side but your own..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You are the one convicting a guy, that has had every bit of anything about him abused, misrepresented or outright fabricated, and you are saying you just want to be left alone. You sir are a hypocrite.

I haven't convicted Zimmerman of anything. Only stating my opinion of the guy. He had convicted Martin from the moment he saw him of being on drugs and an *******. What is hypocritical is for Zimmerman to expect the presumption of innocence that he never afforded Martin.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    I haven't convicted Zimmerman of anything. Only stating my opinion of the guy. He had convicted Martin from the moment he saw him of being on drugs and an *******. What is hypocritical is for Zimmerman to expect the presumption of innocence that he never afforded Martin.

It is not illegal or immoral to suspect somebody of being up to no good.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

Martin wasn't innocent of busting Zimmermans head open and the audio has been proven to contain nothing that you need *'s for. In case you missed all of that you need to go do some more research.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We've spent decades drilling into kids heads not to trust strangers. Martin has a stranger following and/or watching him for reasons unknown to him. I'd love to get Martin's version of the story but we can't now can we?

So you taught your kids to go towards strangers and handle it themselves, or did you teach them what most parents/teachers etc teach them?

• walk away,
    • run away,
    • yell,
    • scream for help,
    • call 911?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I set it in stone....get out and walk around. Experience the anger and brash hostility these youths are displaying. Again, not all but a lot of them. The ones that we put the eyeball on around here. So many are in denial as to what is going on in the world right now.
    I am not condemning Travon but I saw his pics on twitter of facebook, "Thug" mentality.
    As Roadie said, Live in a "Gated" community. No, you do not have the right to wonder around in here unless you live here or are visiting. Let Z know why you are here, don't run up between the houses. That would get his A$$ severely kicked around here, hands down and period. My black and or Hispanic neighbors will wear you out if they catch you up by their house after dark. He was wrong acting and drawing attention. Do that around here and the outcome could be the same. It will at least get you a ride to the emergency room. Stay the hell out of peoples yards and act like a citizen. You know, like a part of the area.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I am sorry, but you are just as guilty of seeing only one side of this, as you accuse others whose position is different than yours.

• The people in the gated community just wanted to be left alone, despite the crime problems they were having.
    • Zimmerman wanted his community left alone
    • Zimmerman, as per the 911 tape, went to meet the police after being told to, he wanted to be left alone
    There is OBVIOUSLY more than one side to this story, but you just can't even step outside your paradigm and see it from any side but your own..

Where was Martin's right to be left alone? Zimmerman deserves the same brand of courtesy he extends to others. If you come at me like a punk, don't be surprised if I respond in kind.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Where is your PROOF that Zimmerman reacted the way you accuse him of acting? There is NONE, other than in your own view of what happened..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Where was Martin's right to be left alone? Zimmerman deserves the same brand of courtesy he extends to others. If you come at me like a punk, don't be surprised if I respond in kind.

You are STILL ASSUMING Zimmerman "came at Martin like a punk". You are as much advocating Martin act in "street justice" mode, as you THINK Zimmerman did..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So you taught your kids to go towards strangers and handle it themselves, or did you teach them what most parents/teachers etc teach them?

• walk away,
    • run away,
    • yell,
    • scream for help,
    • call 911?

Depends on the situation. Is there anywhere to run to?

Sounds like he did run away because Zimmerman lost sight of him. It also sounds like Zimmerman was still in pursuit of him.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I am sorry, but if you lived in a area where crime was up, and you claimed you WEREN'T observant and wary of strangers, I would think you were nuts..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You are STILL ASSUMING Zimmerman "came at Martin like a punk". You are as much advocating Martin act in "street justice" mode, as you THINK Zimmerman did..

By "come at me like a punk", I meant verbally or physically.

If Zimmerman could articulate or prove that Martin was in the commision of the crime, this thread wouldn't exist.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Depends on the situation. Is there anywhere to run to?

Sounds like he did run away because Zimmerman lost sight of him. It also sounds like Zimmerman was still in pursuit of him.

Despite evidence to the contrary..

You just aren't capable of thinking outside your own paradigm are you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom