• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    While I predict not everyone will read this as good news, I find it a very frank and honest assessment of reality. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure most will gloss over the part where Zimmerman created the exigent circumstances that created this whole mess.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't see how anyone can disagree he didn't start the mess.

He should have just stayed in his car.

Tell that to those who are hellbent on refusing to admit that Zimmerman is the least bit culpable for the results. If everything happens as he said, I believe he was within the law. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have blood on his hands.

Say I'm texting and driving. I cross the center line a little and the oncoming car panics and causes a collision while my car was untouched. Am I legally responsible for that collision? To my understanding, no. But did I set the events in motion that created it? Most definitely.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Hence forth the following of Martin and the comment about them always getting away on the 911 tape. After having numerous break-ins and a person who appears to be casing houses, wouldn't you not want to let this person get away?

I don't know the history, but from what it appears to me is that there have been numerous break-ins and the people have been getting away with it. He called the police & the 911 operator told him not to follow. Zimmerman did not believe the police would get there before this kid got away.
    The police did NOT tell him not to follow, they said "We dont need you to do that."
    Martin was a stranger to the neighborhood, Walking between houses, and it is the job of the volunteer neighborhood watch to report such activities. What happened after the 911 call, who initiated the confrontation is the only real question.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Say I'm texting and driving. I cross the center line a little and the oncoming car panics and causes a collision while my car was untouched. Am I legally responsible for that collision? To my understanding, no. But did I set the events in motion that created it? Most definitely.
    Actually you are because you broke the law by texting and driving and crossing the line which resulted in the cause of an accident.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Tell that to those who are hellbent on refusing to admit that Zimmerman is the least bit culpable for the results. If everything happens as he said, I believe he was within the law. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have blood on his hands.

For record, I personally am not saying that his actions did not influence the outcome, but they were not illegal. I have asked someone I didn't recognize that was hanging around my apartment building "Do you live here"? In your mind, if the person then became incensed and jumped me, would it be my fault?

Have to disagree with you here. Texting and driving is illegal. Crossing the line is illegal. So your scenario involves two illegal acts, that led to an accident...

In other words, you are comparing apples, to kumquats..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The police did NOT tell him not to follow, they said "We dont need you to do that."
    Martin was a stranger to the neighborhood, Walking between houses, and it is the job of the volunteer neighborhood watch to report such activities. What happened after the 911 call, who initiated the confrontation is the only real question.

Agreed. In fact, it appears from the 911 transcripts that when he was told "We dont need you to do that." he was in the process of going to meet the police..

He might have followed Martin BEFORE the 911 call, but evidence suggests he did not AFTER the 911 call..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ever had an encounter with a creepy dude following you around? Was Martin supposed to just ignore a creepy guy following him around?

First of all, you are assuming that Zimmerman was "creepy" and "following him" and not just observing him.

Second of all, I have a real problem with the mindset that many people seem to have that Martin had a right to start a confrontation just because he was being observed and/or followed.

If Zimmerman adds fault to this situation by getting out of his car, the Martin has to be at fault for taking "the law into his own hands" and confronting Zimmerman, rather than calling 911 himself.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, i have had an encounter with a creepy dude following me. Downtown, at night, walking with my wife. I pulled my phone out of my pocket ready to call 911, and turned around and looked at the guy. When he saw me on the phone, he turned around and walked the other way.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Ever had an encounter with a creepy dude following you around? Was Martin supposed to just ignore a creepy guy following him around?

If Zimmerman was that creepy Martin should have called 911 himself. You are trying to input thoughts that Martin had that you cannot possibly know. I'll try that since you keep doing it, let just say Martin though" oh **** look at this cracker mother****** here, following me around, I'm gonna show what a no_limit_***** can do." Yeah I don't know if that was his thought any more than you know he thought Z to be creepy.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Zimmerman was such a mind reader he was just sure that Martin was on drugs.

..and Martin was such a mind reader that he thought Zimmerman was a threat, so he in turn followed him and beat his ass.

It still seems to me like you approve of Martin taking the law into his own hands, and issuing "street justice" on a "creepy guy following him"..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ca we seriously just get a divorce? Those who want to control others can live here while those of us who want to be left alone will go live over there? Oh wait, this nation has a long history of going over there to control others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom