Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Great. So all the witnesses will change their stories to avoid being outed by Spike Lee, Rosanne Barr and ABCNews. Then maybe we can get our show trial. You know where this will head then. The witnesses will all be impeached on cross examination. Unless they cave and let Sharpton pick the jury, you then get an acquittal. Things don't go well then.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Funny how a witness that supports Zimmerman's story is infallible but if their story doesn't, it's proof that the NBP is intimidating them.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Do you think his mother "felt pressured" to recant her's son's statements after ABC News put out his name for every racially violent lunatic in the country to see?

This is what I thought. I think the mother does not want her son in harms way and the only way to do that now was to recant her son's story for him. If she felt her son had been pressured by the police I think that would have came out sooner. Now with her son's name out in the open, she felt the need to protect him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Great. So all the witnesses will change their stories to avoid being outed by Spike Lee, Rosanne Barr and ABCNews. Then maybe we can get our show trial. You know where this will head then. The witnesses will all be impeached on cross examination. Unless they cave and let Sharpton pick the jury, you then get an acquittal. Things don't go well then.

Do you not see the issue with having a juvenile witness questioned 8 days AFTER the initial homicide?

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Funny how a witness that supports Zimmerman's story is infallible but if their story doesn't, it's proof that the NBP is intimidating them.

It isn't that. It is the timing of the recant and a logical conclusion. A has story 1. Does not change story 1. A's name is released in media. A's story changes to story 2.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do you not see the issue with having a juvenile witness questioned 8 days AFTER the initial homicide?

I don't know. You are a sworn LEO. Do you?

I occasionally have monitored specific police investigations and have found it not all that unusual. Detectives seem to have heavy case loads in most departments and unless there is a squeaky wheel or a high profile case (which this wasn't at the time) the activity is allowed to drive itself. They call and leave a message, or stop by and leave a card in the door, unless that person responds it might be a week or two before the detective follows up.

A family member was victimized and it was a fairly serious possible charge (2 class B felonies, ultimately pled down to one class C). The detective handling it seemed to have little interest at first until I called a friend of mine in town with some serious political clout and the case suddenly became a priority. It might be unfortunate but that is the way the system sometimes works.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does this bother anyone else--why haven't we seen the 7-11 video of Martin walking in to buy Skittles?

7-11s have more cameras than banks. Why no video from them?

The 7-11 by Martin's house is reportedly 2 miles away. He walked 4 miles for Skittles? 4 miles during the halftime of the NBA game? How long is NBA halftime, 20 minutes? So, Martin ran 4 miles in the rain?

I hope the grand jury gets to the bottom of this because more and more is making less and less sense.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know. You are a sworn LEO. Do you?

I occasionally have monitored specific police investigations and have found it not all that unusual. Detectives seem to have heavy case loads in most departments and unless there is a squeaky wheel or a high profile case (which this wasn't at the time) the activity is allowed to drive itself. They call and leave a message, or stop by and leave a card in the door, unless that person responds it might be a week or two before the detective follows up.

A family member was victimized and it was a fairly serious possible charge (2 class B felonies, ultimately pled down to one class C). The detective handling it seemed to have little interest at first until I called a friend of mine in town with some serious political clout and the case suddenly became a priority. It might be unfortunate but that is the way the system sometimes works.

Unfortunately high profile cases like this are pushed toward the front. It's odd that the it would have taken 8 days to get a statement from a witness.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :dunno:
    108705_600.jpg

you know, this picture really does say it all, doesn't it?

If Treyvon had gotten the gun away from Zimmerman and shot him, he would have probably been justified in using self-defense, saying he'd been attacked by some guy with a gun.

My dad always said "dead men can't testify". It really does come down to being the last one alive and telling your side of the story.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    you know, this picture really does say it all, doesn't it?

If Treyvon had gotten the gun away from Zimmerman and shot him, he would have probably been justified in using self-defense, saying he'd been attacked by some guy with a gun.

My dad always said "dead men can't testify". It really does come down to being the last one alive and telling your side of the story.

Unless the witnesses said he was on top of the other guy beating him before he shot him while he was crying for help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom