KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    disney-girl-middle-finger.jpg

That lil thuggette
    It might be a good comparison if we had a nice sweet innocent picture of the "little thugette" from a couple of years ago to provide to the media when she was just a harmless cooing infant fresh out of the womb.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    The people making this a bigger deal than what it is do not care about morals or ethics. They don't even care who is right or wrong. All they care about is ramming through their agenda and they do that by making their mob scream the loudest. The Saul Alinsky play book has been getting a heck of a workout lately. You can not show fear to the mob mentality. This is a nation of laws, not mob rule. Zimmerman may have been a vigilante wannabe or maybe he was concerned for his neighborhood. I can't fault him for asking someone their purpose especially when they have had so much crime in there neighborhood. Doesn't sound like he killed Martin because he thought he was supicious but because he was on the losing end of a physical confrontation.
    We have a fundamental individual natural right to defend ourselves. For good or ill, the castle doctrine or "stand your ground law" protects people from frivolous lawsuits and polictically motivated prosecution like the mob here is shouting for.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The people making this a bigger deal than what it is do not care about morals or ethics. They don't even care who is right or wrong. All they care about is ramming through their agenda and they do that by making their mob scream the loudest. The Saul Alinsky play book has been getting a heck of a workout lately. You can not show fear to the mob mentality. This is a nation of laws, not mob rule. Zimmerman may have been a vigilante wannabe or maybe he was concerned for his neighborhood. I can't fault him for asking someone their purpose especially when they have had so much crime in there neighborhood. Doesn't sound like he killed Martin because he thought he was supicious but because he was on the losing end of a physical confrontation.
    We have a fundamental individual natural right to defend ourselves. For good or ill, the castle doctrine or "stand your ground law" protects people from frivolous lawsuits and polictically motivated prosecution like the mob here is shouting for.

Very well said! You are right, Alinsky would be proud!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Thanks. But we are all preaching to the choir here, right. Lol. Most of this much ado about nothing. Maybe once in a while we should trust the police. They obviously went with the evidence they had to work with and made a decision that Zimmerman commited no crime. Or there wasn't enough evidence to support the prosecution of a crime. Maybe Zimmerman is getting away with murder. I will never know, nor will you ever know. Bad things happen and we don't have to reassess a law or make a new law every time they do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What the heck were they thinking releasing this kid's name? And why is the SPD leaking this type of info out? A 13 year old witness? Someone needs to be fired, then horsewhipped.

They leaked for a big payday amigo, what do you think was the reasons. The Benjamin's man the denaro. Pay me and I will change my ethics and pay more for a lower Moral standard. Some A$$ needs to get kicked over this.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks. But we are all preaching to the choir here, right. Lol. Most of this much ado about nothing. Maybe once in a while we should trust the police. They obviously went with the evidence they had to work with and made a decision that Zimmerman commited no crime. Or there wasn't enough evidence to support the prosecution of a crime. Maybe Zimmerman is getting away with murder. I will never know, nor will you ever know. Bad things happen and we don't have to reassess a law or make a new law every time they do.
    Greetings rparker. Welcome to INGO. Since you are new here, I'll cut you in on a little secret. We ain't the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. We do not all sing from the same hymnal. "Trust" and "police" are difficult for some people to use in the same sentence.

In response to your post, the lead detective wanted to arrest Zimmerman. The prosecutor felt there wasn't enough evidence. As you can tell by the media frenzy, there's a lot of speculation about what really happened. It's a good thing you came to INGO to get the real facts. :D

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Video from the station...

Jacket: He's been riding in a cruiser and was in an ambulance, chances are the grass dried and was brushed off. Nothing telling there.

Blood on face and head. He was examined and treated by fire rescue. They would have cleaned it up in the process. Bloody nose? After epistaxsis was controlled, it would have been cleaned to assess the rest of the face.

The video is too grainy, IMO, to determine what sort of scrapes or lacerations might be present. Bruising? How long from the incident to this video? How much would we tell.

I would assume that the police took pictures of his face/head as evidence. Let's wait for that.

Blood on the shirt... that's the only curiosity... again, it's not the best video quality.
    Exactly this. I install security cameras for a living and can say. They aren't like on TV. (Unless you're willing to spend big bucks.) After, I'm assuming, being cleaned up by medics I wouldn't expect you to really be able see anything note worthy from the average security cameras. Quality just ain't that great.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Yeah, I would hope everyone would have their own opinion. But I would also like to think most people were on the same page about the "stand your ground" and/or castle doctrine. That is what I was referencing from my previous post. Than

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    The only thing that makes this news is that it is an opportunity to attack our rights. I could really care less if Zimmerman is guilty or not. People died horribly everyday. This is just a case of opportunity. Never let a crisis go to waste- real or imagined.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    No, seriously. I dont think he is guilty either, but I have not read everything that has come up today. Haven't gotten my daily dose of the Drudgereport. But his innocence is a moot point compared to what the media is trying to do with the situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom