Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Thank goodness for this board. I tried to bring this topic up in Facebook and I have now been shunned and labeled a racist. Guess I will add discussion of Trayvon/Zimmerman off limits in polite conversation like religion and politics.

Since no one but Z. & M. knows what happened in that last couple minutes and the police have gathered all the other evidence that can be found, until this gets resolved in a grand jury or dismissed by the Special Prosecutor, all the "information" being presented in the MSM is just speculation, innuendo, and self-serving fluffle. We can all speculate, but all we're doing is adding to the noise.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The picture that is emerging to me is this:

Did I miss anything?

Only that you are a racist, whatevery you say does not count since you are using logic and not emotions and that you don't believe what you are seeing in the media.

Exactly this. I install security cameras for a living and can say. They aren't like on TV. (Unless you're willing to spend big bucks.) After, I'm assuming, being cleaned up by medics I wouldn't expect you to really be able see anything note worthy from the average security cameras. Quality just ain't that great.

But all the TV shows show us how they can zoom in and get all the details of when a crime is committed! So clearly you are wrong!
    :rolleyes:

Does this bother anyone else--why haven't we seen the 7-11 video of Martin walking in to buy Skittles?

7-11s have more cameras than banks. Why no video from them?

The 7-11 by Martin's house is reportedly 2 miles away. He walked 4 miles for Skittles? 4 miles during the halftime of the NBA game? How long is NBA halftime, 20 minutes? So, Martin ran 4 miles in the rain?

I hope the grand jury gets to the bottom of this because more and more is making less and less sense.

Thanks for this info! I have been trying to find out where M was comeing from. 1 mile = 15 to 20 mins walking at a good pace. You could do it in about 1 to 12 running.

-Jedi

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After, I'm assuming, being cleaned up by medics I wouldn't expect you to really be able see anything note worthy from the average security cameras. Quality just ain't that great.

Pffft, just have McGee and Abby work it over in the lab. Geez, do I have to do all the thinking around here?

McAbby.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    saw somewhere yesterday that Zimmerman's dad is a retired judge and maybe favorite were played? Anyone else hear that?

I saw that too. It also said that his mother was a clerk (both in VA from what I heard). I didn't bring it up b/c I have no idea if it was true.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I saw that too. It also said that his mother was a clerk (both in VA from what I heard). I didn't bring it up b/c I have no idea if it was true.

Like Kirk, I read Orange Co., I believe Sanford, a suburb of Orlando, is in Orange Co. I doubt that has anything to do with it, drunk driving judges get themselves arrested all the time even in their own counties.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Like Kirk, I read Orange Co., I believe Sanford, a suburb of Orlando, is in Orange Co. I doubt that has anything to do with it, drunk driving judges get themselves arrested all the time even in their own counties.

Like this judge?

The Indiana Law Blog: December 2007 Archives
    A more comprehensive story appeared in yesterday's Lebanon Reporter, under the headline "Boone County officer arrests Carroll County judge: A Carroll County judge had his initial hearing for public intoxication Wednesday." Drew Stone reports:
    A Carroll County judge had his initial hearing for public intoxication Wednesday.
    Circuit court judge for Carroll County Donald E. Currie, 49, Delphi, is charged in Boone County for a Class B misdemeanor of public intoxication. His case is in Boone County Superior Court II.

According to his case file, Currie was arrested by the Boone County Sheriff’s Department Sunday evening.

BCSD Deputy Scott Rolston reported he was driving onto Interstate 65 northbound from Indiana 267 when he noticed a black Volkswagen parked on the shoulder of the ramp and a man behind the car, appearing to be vomiting over the guardrail.

Rolston approached Currie, who said he was sick.

Rolston reported that Currie carried a strong odor of alcohol, and had red and blood shot eyes and spoke with a slur.

When Rolston asked Currie how much he had to drink, the Carroll County judge reportedly replied, “Too much.” Rolston reported Currie went on to say he was driving from Indianapolis and pulled over because he realized he should not be driving and that he had been parked on I-65 for awhile.

Rolston reported he then tried to have Currie perform a field sobriety test, but Rolston said he was unable to see the pen Rolston was holding which he was using for a field of vision test. Rolston then retrieved his blood-alcohol test kit, but Currie refused to take it.

Currie was then placed under arrest for public intoxication and taken to Boone County Jail. It was reported that on the ride to jail, Currie asked if they could stop to get some coffee. Currie also reportedly asked to get some coffee so he could “sober up” once they arrived at the jail.

If Currie is found guilty on the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to 180 in prison and fines of $1,000. His bench trial is set for March 28, 2008.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I doubt that has any bearing... TiVo anyone? :dunno:

Correct no bearing in the case more I was trying to get a better understanind of the timeline of events.

IE.

M left the house, why did he go to the 7-11 as oppose to xyz (which may have been closer), why did he go back via the gated hood as oppose the way he went orginally?

I dont know if his dad lived in that gated hood or not?

Thus that is what I was trying to piece together.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So your cop bs spidey sense is not tingling at the notion of running 4 miles in the rain for Skittles during a 20 minute halftime?

The lack of video from the 7-11 has you . . . yawning and reaching for Tivo?:dunno:

What difference does it make where or what he went out for? I don't care if he belly crawled to Philly for a cheese steak. Did Zimmerman witness anything to justify his suspicion? As far as I know, we don't have a pre crime division of government yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What difference does it make where or what he went out for?

The story is that Martin was coming back with Skittles. What if Martin was not out for Skittles? Does the lack of video from 7-11 cause any pause for you, horn?

Did Zimmerman witness anything to justify his suspicion?

Zimmerman is not the police. He can be as suspicious as he wants about anyone for anything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The story is that Martin was coming back with Skittles. What if Martin was not out for Skittles? Does the lack of video from 7-11 cause any pause for you, horn?

Zimmerman is not the police. He can be as suspicious as he wants about anyone for anything.

The lack of 7/11 video doesn't bother me in the least. The fact is that he had skittles and tea on his person. What does any of that have to do with this case? Did Zimmerman see him steal the skittles and tea?

You can be suspicious of anyone for any reason. I believe Zimmerman will walk. Unless any new evidence comes up that doesn't match his version of events. If his version of events are the truth, I'm sure he was within the law. But do you think he bears no culpability in the events that happened? Martin may have been in fear of his life, thus acting the way he did. Is he not entitled to stand his ground or fight for his life? Only problem is that we'll never get to find out why he did what he did.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The lack of 7/11 video doesn't bother me in the least. The fact is that he had skittles and tea on his person. What does any of that have to do with this case? Did Zimmerman see him steal the skittles and tea?

No, Zimmerman did not see him steal anything but thought he was up to no good.

If the covery story of just going out for tea and Skittles, then this leaves us with what? Right, Martin was out for . . . . ?

Bolsters Zimmerman's credibility in calling the cops on Martin.

But do you think he bears no culpability in the events that happened?

Legally, it depends on what the facts are determined to be by the grand jury. However, Zimmerman had every right to be where he was. Assuming Zimmerman did not provoke a right and assuming Zimmerman was in fear of serious bodily injury, he has no culpability in killing Martin.

Martin may have been in fear of his life, thus acting the way he did. Is he not entitled to stand his ground or fight for his life?

If Martin was attacked? Sure. Say Zimmerman went full mall ninja and ran up to Martin with gun drawn, without question Martin can use force, including deadly force to defend himself.

Only problem is that we'll never get to find out why he did what he did.

All the more reason for a grand jury.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, Zimmerman did not see him steal anything but thought he was up to no good.

If the covery story of just going out for tea and Skittles, then this leaves us with what? Right, Martin was out for . . . . ?

Bolsters Zimmerman's credibility in calling the cops on Martin.

Legally, it depends on what the facts are determined to be by the grand jury. However, Zimmerman had every right to be where he was. Assuming Zimmerman did not provoke a right and assuming Zimmerman was in fear of serious bodily injury, he has no culpability in killing Martin.

If Martin was attacked? Sure. Say Zimmerman went full mall ninja and ran up to Martin with gun drawn, without question Martin can use force, including deadly force to defend himself.

All the more reason for a grand jury.

And what of Zimmerman's credibility for being so sure that Martin was on something?

I posted of my story about a creep following me in this thread. I had the safety of my vehicle and went into a restaurant to get away from this guy. Martin was on foot. At my age of 16 or 17 and Martin's age of 17, we were not allowed by law to carry the tools of self defense. In my situation, if I had the tools to defend myself, I may have very well confronted my follower. Any my situation happened in broad daylight. Not sure if it would have been dark when Martin was being followed. For all he knew, Zimmerman was a predator.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So your cop bs spidey sense is not tingling at the notion of running 4 miles in the rain for Skittles during a 20 minute halftime?

The lack of video from the 7-11 has you . . . yawning and reaching for Tivo?:dunno:

apparent you do not know what TiVO is...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We used to road march at 15 minutes a mile. That's full rucksack and gear. He could have quite easily made a 2 mile round trip in 30 minutes. Still don't see what difference it makes.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We used to road march at 15 minutes a mile. That's full rucksack and gear. He could have quite easily made a 2 mile round trip in 30 minutes. Still don't see what difference it makes.

It will help frame the timeline for the jury. The receipt/video tells us whether or not M was there, and if so, at what time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom