• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Zimmerman is a douche bag for getting into a conflict he had no right to get into. he wasnt even a sanctioned neighborhood watch captain, he was just self titled.

No, he's not. There was a HOA newsletter that called him "watch captain" and told residents to call him after calling police if they spot a problem.

he should have let the police deal with the kid. start a fight get ur butt kicked and then cry self defense.... yea total douche bag

It looks now like he did. If he stopped following, and just starting walking back to his truck, he was an innocent at that point. If Martin attacked him then, he was the aggressor.

now for martin, he too is a douche bag, suspended for dope supposedly, got pictures of him with his underwear showing flashing gang signs or flipping off the camera looking like a thug. my guess is he may not have had a record but that doesnt mean he was clean.

Maybe, teenagers are stupid.
    the only way this situation turns out is for them to have killed each other.

i havent looked at this thread for a couple days and i cant believe you guys are still here calling each other names and arguing over crap that just doesnt matter.

jake

Is this your first time on INGO?:cool:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Zimmerman is a douche bag for getting into a conflict he had no right to get into.
    Says the fella with a Joe Horn avatar! (That is Joe Horn, right?)

leaving.gif

he wasnt even a sanctioned neighborhood watch captain, he was just self titled.
    Not that this matters one way or the other, because whether anyone was elected to head their watch group is up to them, but where did you hear that?
    now for martin, he too is a douche bag, suspended for dope supposedly
    Should have been put in jail for all the stolen wedding rings, diamonds, and B&E tools he had, but I'm kinda sensitive to thefts.
    the only way this situation turns out is for them to have killed each other.
    No, neither should be dead.
    i cant believe you guys are still here calling each other names and arguing over crap that just doesnt matter.
    If this somehow ends up affecting firearms laws, you think it doesn't matter? WTF?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The reason is that Zimmerman may have been breaking the law by following Martin... and most definitely broke the law by chasing him.

Had he seen Martin commit a crime, then there would be no issue.... but he mis-profiled the kid then began to follow a minor around in a car. Followed him enough to make him run... and then CHASED HIM while he was running.

Keep in mind that the kid was innocent of all crime and had no clue who in the hell Zimmerman was.

What law did Z break? Provide Florida state or local code please.

I think it is very disingenuous of you to give a punk 17 year old kid all the benefit of doubt, but are ready to string up what appears to be an upstanding citizen concerned for the safety of his neighbors and their property.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What law did Z break? Provide Florida state or local code please.

I think it is very disingenuous of you to give a punk 17 year old kid all the benefit of doubt, but are ready to string up what appears to be an upstanding citizen concerned for the safety of his neighbors and their property.

:laugh:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    According to ABC News (they must be reliable!), they are reporting:

a) the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger did not prosecute because they determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction of Zimmerman
    b) the Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, despite Zimmerman's request for (further) medical attention first
    c) leaks from the police report detail Zimmerman telling police he was heading back to his truck when Martin knocked him down with a punch to his nose, jumped on him, repeatedly banged his head on the ground, then tried to grab Zimmerman's gun. In a struggle for Zimmerman's gun, the watchman shot the teenager.

They also state that one investigator didn't believe Zimmerman initially, but there is no evidence to back up the investigator's feelings. (Three week investigative report says all evidence backs up Zimmerman's statements, thus State's Attorney won't prosecute).

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin...er-charge-151838720--abc-news-topstories.html

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Exactly and I mentioned that earlier. Had Martin been a LTCH holder... he may have been justified in "standing his ground" and shooting Zimmerman.

Shoot Zim for what exactly. So the punk kid can shoot the neighborhood watchman for following him, but Zim isnt justified for shooting the guy pounding his head on the pavement. Not a real logical thinker are you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is it true that Sanford PD didn't collect his gun or his clothes the night this all happened? Again, if they had sent the correct investigators (homicide) and not narcotics detectives, we may be looking at a different story.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I can't imagine joining a NW group, not my thing. Yet, if the place I live started getting hit with a lot of crime, I might join one.

If I saw someone I didn't know and I thought they were acting strangely, I might call 911.

I might even follow the guy in my truck while I talked on 911. So far I haven't done anything illegal, nor have I initiated force. Perhaps I'm being a bit of a jerk for calling 911, but I guess that depends on my judgment. Maybe I'm being a jerk, maybe I'm being prudent.

Would I get out of my car to follow the guy? I don't think I would. Yet, no force has been initiated.

If the 911 operator told me not to follow, would I stop following? It depends. I might or I might not, depending on the circumstances.

If I were in a strange neighborhood eating skittles and talking to my girlfriend on the phone, and a guy started following me in his truck would I run? Probably, if I was 17.

So, given the above scenarios, no one has done anything wrong. You could argue with either of their judgment up to this point, but even to criticize that, you'd have to hear more about what they think they saw, and their individual states of mind.

So, who initiated force? We don't know, and it appears we're unlikely to ever know to a certainty.

When I first heard about all this, it was presented as a certainty that at the very least Zimmerman had initiated the first physical contact. Maybe he did. Now it appears possible that he broke off following after the 911 operator told him to stop, and the kid came back and attacked him. Not saying that's what happened, but it now sounds more likely that happened than Zimmerman was out for blood.

I don't see how anyone thinks they know what happened.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Some seem sure that Martin attacked Zimmerman from behind. That must be one hell of a hook punch to reach his nose.

I didnt say he was attacked from behind. Accounts say that Martin approached Zim from behind, Zim turned around, they had words, and Martin drilled him on the nose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom