• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Get Congress to enact a law specifying that you can't kick blacks off your lawn and you may be on to something.

Since when is judicial review limited to acts of Congress, particularly in the context of the 14th Amendment? That doesn't even make sense.

If it was the lawn of Z's house, you might have a point. But when Z is working for a HOA which is exercising powers normally proper to the government, thats a whole nuther ball of wax.

Off the top of my head I think the name of that case that cover this circumstance is Shelly v. Kramer, where the Supreme Court precluded enforcing private covenants discriminating against blacks...

Joe

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI

20120223_obama_laughing.jpg

Spike Lee tweeted the wrong address.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    My favorite tweets from this "kid" is where his buddies ask him to sell them some plants, he talks about assaulting a bus driver, and how he had two Glock "40's" and"that make Glock 80" smh what a waste of school funds. It hurt my head readying that crap and that's bad, I went to Arlington high school!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Often a young kid will try for a beat down of somebody of authority (real or imagined) in an area to gain street cred.

If they get caught they just end up at a juvenile lockdown, knowing their age will get them no lasting record. Heck, they go nuts on the workers where my GF works, knowing they can beat the crap out of somebody. The workers can't retaliate, can only use enough force to control them.

Breeds a false sense of toughness in the would be gangsters and jacks up their understanding of cause & effect.

If he was a dealer (or would be dealer), might not he have had such an attitude?

In general or possibly in trying to set up a new area of business?

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    On the evidence that has been presented so far in the police reports, the police statements, and the leaked final police investigation report, I believe that Tray gambled and lost. Being 17 years old, you really don't think everything through as you should. I believe that Tray thought that he would give Zimmerman an ass whoopin as he's probably gotten away with many other times before, but he didn't take into consideration that at some point during the dance that a gun could be introduced making it game over. This is a tragedy that has become political by those that have a dark agenda. This is why a case that is virtually no different than any other that takes place hundreds of times a year is getting so much attention. This time it's non-black on black. This is basically just another opportunity for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After giving this a few days to settle down and all the facts are leaking out, the truth is as stated in many of these posts, the kid was a punk, he gambled and lost. The Mother is trying to cash in on this and all the major players have exposed themselves for the Douche bags that they really are. Jesse and Al showing up for camera time is the real indicator and we should all just wish this to be gone. One young man is dead, one mans life is in ruins and the media has had their way with this. The folks need to get it right and go home. It is obvious who has all the time on their hands.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Since when is judicial review limited to acts of Congress, particularly in the context of the 14th Amendment? That doesn't even make sense.

If it was the lawn of Z's house, you might have a point. But when Z is working for a HOA which is exercising powers normally proper to the government, thats a whole nuther ball of wax.

Off the top of my head I think the name of that case that cover this circumstance is Shelly v. Kramer, where the Supreme Court precluded enforcing private covenants discriminating against blacks...

Joe

It's not discriminating against blacks unless they permit everyone BUT blacks to walk around. The case you cited being argued involved an Act of Congress not a private association with race and religion neutral rules. Tell you what, you get Holder to bring your "thou must permit blacks to trespass against you" case, and I'm willing to let the chips fall where they may. I see no downside to having that argument.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    It would be interesting to see the lead homocide investigator's report, since he (according to ABC News) thought Zimmerman should have been arrested that very evening on Manslaughter charges. I still think there's plenty more we don't know yet, but based on what we do know, I don't think you can charge Zimmerman with anything.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Shoot Zim for what exactly. So the punk kid can shoot the neighborhood watchman for following him, but Zim isnt justified for shooting the guy pounding his head on the pavement. Not a real logical thinker are you?

I didn't say he wasn't justified in pulling the trigger... I don't think he was justified in stalking down and chasing an innocent teen.

And yes... I think if someone was following you and even chased you after you tried to evade them, then at some point, you would be justified in "standing your ground." And if you stood your ground and shot the guy, then with no one around to say otherwise... given the circumstances, I think you would have a pretty good case at claiming self defense.

"Stand your ground" states that you have no duty to retreat and that you can use deadly force when there is reasonable belief of a threat. Stalking someone in a car for a couple of blocks then getting out and chasing them on foot would constitute "reasonable belief of a threat" in my mind.

If that had in fact taken place and with no one else around to say otherwise... how could you prove otherwise?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The Mother is trying to cash in on this and all the major players have exposed themselves for the Douche bags that they really are.

By trademarking his name, she can control on how his name is used and whether or not someone can capitalize on the use of it... including those who may wish try to misuse his name in a detrimental fashion. My guess is that her attorney's advised her to do it and I personally don't blame her. I know if my kid was slain and it was a big public trial and there was a large group of people out there who had the potential to start running his name in the mud, I would want the ability to put a stop to it as well.

There are two ways of looking at it... you figured out one aspect. However, if in fact she starts selling t-shirts out of the trunk of her car, then your assessment will be 100% correct and she will be a piece of **** for it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My speculation of the events.

Z watches M from his truck, calls 911.

Z sees M run down street and then between houses.

Z hangs up with dispatch and walks on sidewalk (cut-through from 911 tape) to see if he can spot M in green space between houses.

M and Z confront each other in the green space between houses that intersect with the cut-through. Or, Z is attacked from behind after trying to locate M in the greenspace. Very plausible.

A fight ensues. The pistol discharges and M dies as a result of the gunshot.

Had Z not gotten out of his truck in an attempt to locate M, the situation may never have happened. I considered it likely that nothing would have happened.

I belive Z's actions to be negligent in how he handled the situation, especially since he was armed, as more care must always be taken when one is armed. Z is also responsible for every bullet that leaves his pistol.

My wild speculation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom