• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By trademarking his name, she can control on how his name is used and whether or not someone can capitalize on the use of it... including those who may wish try to misuse his name in a detrimental fashion. My guess is that her attorney's advised her to do it and I personally don't blame her. I know if my kid was slain and it was a big public trial and there was a large group of people out there who had the potential to start running his name in the mud, I would want the ability to put a stop to it as well.

There are two ways of looking at it... you figured out one aspect. However, if in fact she starts selling t-shirts out of the trunk of her car, then your assessment will be 100% correct and she will be a piece of **** for it.

I hadn't thought of it that way. You bring up an excellent point.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    OP says "It very well may have been a good shoot. But odds are, it wasn't. The kid was walking home, and was confronted by the shooter. Does it make sense that a 140 pound kid is automatically going to attack a person?"

It isn't how big the dog in the fight that matters; It's how big the fight is in the dog.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Thanks for posting this....

That clears up a few subjects.... It yet gives more evidence as to why exactly he wasn't charged with anything as of right now. It also clears up the issue of the state attorney deciding to not press charges which is something that happened on the night of the shooting... However since, we have learned that the case is still under review and when finished they will determine if an arrest will happen.

lastly it provides a little evidence to support my theory that his mother took out rights to his name to protect him.. not to profit from him like so many have accused her for on this forum.

"Sybrina Fulton has no desire to profit from her son's death, but wants to protect her son's name legacy," said family representative Ryan Julison.

Its ridiculous how the same people who say "don't jump to conclusions and believe the media propaganda about this case" are the same ones falsely jumping to conclusions any time they can figure out a way to criminalize Martin or his family.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Many here rail against the police for stopping motorists or pedestrians for no cause, why are so many here supportive of an individual stopping a pedestrian that was not seen committing any crimes? Had there been a rash of crime in that neighborhood? There very well could have been. I haven't seen the police history of that neighborhood. If there was and you happened to be walking or driving in that neighborhood and had committed no crime, would you be supportive of the police stopping you or others for no other reason than being in the neighborhood?
    This Sir, with all else aside, is a very good post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its ridiculous how the same people who say "don't jump to conclusions and believe the media propaganda about this case" are the same ones falsely jumping to conclusions any time they can figure out a way to criminalize Martin or his family.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to experience these things in or around your community. Are there folks walking by your house that you know do not live around there. Have there been a rash of break ins close by where you live. Do you watch anyone you do not know who acts a bit weird when they are close to your house. Some areas have watch programs. They need them. If you have not been directly affected by these kind of acts it is impossible to know how to get a handle on them. I have and I understand.
    I said something about the mothers actions based on several different news sources. Not trying to criminalize her or any one in the family. I know the pain of loosing a son. The family has tried from the very first to make this young man out as an angel and it is just not true. They posted pics of a 12 year old boy as a reference and it just was not true. They have pushed this into a race bait arena and to all accounts it is just not true. What is criminal here. A lot of folks are doing a lot of bad things and not being held accountable, that is criminal pin head. The mother is standing by the "New Black Panthers" bounty on this man. That is criminal.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My favorite tweets from this "kid" is where his buddies ask him to sell them some plants, he talks about assaulting a bus driver, and how he had two Glock "40's" and"that make Glock 80" smh what a waste of school funds. It hurt my head readying that crap and that's bad, I went to Arlington high school!

Well God Bless you, friend, if you got through all 125 pages of that crap. I gave up after 25 pages.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Often a young kid will try for a beat down of somebody of authority (real or imagined) in an area to gain street cred.

If they get caught they just end up at a juvenile lockdown, knowing their age will get them no lasting record. Heck, they go nuts on the workers where my GF works, knowing they can beat the crap out of somebody. The workers can't retaliate, can only use enough force to control them.

Breeds a false sense of toughness in the would be gangsters and jacks up their understanding of cause & effect.

If he was a dealer (or would be dealer), might not he have had such an attitude?

In general or possibly in trying to set up a new area of business?

We have absolutely no way of knowing what the kid was doing prior to witnesses seeing him on top of Z. beating him. NONE. Even those of us who think Z. won't/shouldn't be charged have absolutely no way of knowing with a certainty what happened between the two. The one thing we CAN say is that Florida law puts the burden of proof of wrongdoing on the State, not the shooter.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    By trademarking his name, she can control on how his name is used and whether or not someone can capitalize on the use of it... including those who may wish try to misuse his name in a detrimental fashion. My guess is that her attorney's advised her to do it and I personally don't blame her. I know if my kid was slain and it was a big public trial and there was a large group of people out there who had the potential to start running his name in the mud, I would want the ability to put a stop to it as well.

There are two ways of looking at it... you figured out one aspect. However, if in fact she starts selling t-shirts out of the trunk of her car, then your assessment will be 100% correct and she will be a piece of **** for it.

Hmm..good point. I intend to trademark my avatar, my signature and all my posts on the forum. Be warned! Lawsuits inbound!!;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It might be hidden in all these posts, but has anyone wondered why Mr. Martin did not use his cell phone to report that he was being followed by someone in a truck as he walked to his father's house?

Just wondering, and unfortunately we will never know why he didn't make that 911 call.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    We have absolutely no way of knowing what the kid was doing prior to witnesses seeing him on top of Z. beating him. NONE. Even those of us who think Z. won't/shouldn't be charged have absolutely no way of knowing with a certainty what happened between the two. The one thing we CAN say is that Florida law puts the burden of proof of wrongdoing on the State, not the shooter.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who is shooting an intruder in your home. If you're the only person left standing, yours is the only story that is heard...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My speculation of the events.

Z watches M from his truck, calls 911.

Z sees M run down street and then between houses.

Z hangs up with dispatch and walks on sidewalk (cut-through from 911 tape) to see if he can spot M in green space between houses.

M and Z confront each other in the green space between houses that intersect with the cut-through. Or, Z is attacked from behind after trying to locate M in the greenspace. Very plausible.

A fight ensues. The pistol discharges and M dies as a result of the gunshot.

Had Z not gotten out of his truck in an attempt to locate M, the situation may never have happened. I considered it likely that nothing would have happened.

I belive Z's actions to be negligent in how he handled the situation, especially since he was armed, as more care must always be taken when one is armed. Z is also responsible for every bullet that leaves his pistol.

My wild speculation.
    According to your scenario my question would be if Z was acting in the capacity as NWC and surveilling someone that he did'nt recognize as being from the neighborhood who he thought was acting in a suspicious manner would it be totally unreasonable for him to get out of his vehicle and try to re-establish visual contact with M after he lost him so he could relay to the police the location?

If so then how would that be considered negligence on the part of Z?

It seems to me the way he acted might be consistent with the things an NWC would do and I don't believe IMO that Z intentionally sought out a personal confrontation with M.

According to everything i've seen they pretty much ran into each other and had verbal contact then the physical altercation ensued. :twocents:

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It seems to me the actual story here is no longer the shooting, but the reaction to it.

The initial media attempt to create a martyr to racial animosity and gun violence has crashed into some inconvenient truths (apologies to Al Gore). Some of the pro-Martin forces have been shown to have feet of clay.

Whatever the disposition of the case, it is no longer the good v. evil tale the media tried to portray.

It might be hidden in all these posts, but has anyone wondered why Mr. Martin did not use his cell phone to report that he was being followed by someone in a truck as he walked to his father's house?

Just wondering, and unfortunately we will never know why he didn't make that 911 call.
    Because he was not in fear for his life? :dunno:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems to me the actual story here is no longer the shooting, but the reaction to it.

The initial media attempt to create a martyr to racial animosity and gun violence has crashed into some inconvenient truths (apologies to Al Gore). Some of the pro-Martin forces have been shown to have feet of clay.

Whatever the disposition of the case, it is no longer the good v. evil tale the media tried to portray.

Because he was not in fear for his life? :dunno:

It never ever should have escalated to this level. Just by reading some of the posts on here it is no longer so confusing to me why we are in this mess. The TV camera addicts (Al and Jesse) the panthers, the lawyers, the media stirring poop at every spin (pun intended) of the dial. Folks feelings and reactions are just amazing. Our media is not about the news anymore. They are putting forth an agenda.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom