• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why? It's not like he didn't have an improvised weapon in his pocket, and he seemed to be doing pretty well with his fists, considering the observed damage to Z's face.

I would love to see those pictures. One other thing, how did Zimmerman go from having a blood nose and cut on the back of his head to a broken nose and lascerations?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I would love to see those pictures. One other thing, how did Zimmerman go from having a blood nose and cut on the back of his head to a broken nose and lascerations?

The bloody nose came from the police report. I would assume that the police didn't have a mobile X-ray unit like we do in Carmel ;) to confirm it was broken. Of course, if it was or wasn't broken is easy enough to prove or disprove from medical records. Are you suggesting the broken nose allegation is false?

laceration-a torn and ragged wound
    Synonyms: incision, gash, rent, rip, slash, slit, tear

a cut is a laceration

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The bloody nose came from the police report. I would assume that the police didn't have a mobile X-ray unit like we do in Carmel ;) to confirm it was broken. Of course, if it was or wasn't broken is easy enough to prove or disprove from medical records. Are you suggesting the broken nose allegation is false?

laceration-a torn and ragged wound
    Synonyms: incision, gash, rent, rip, slash, slit, tear

a cut is a laceration

I don't know how business is done is Sanford, but for a guy who has a broken nose, and laceration(S)-more than one cut- it would be odd to not have him checked out my the local FD, on scene. An officer making a thorough report would have gotten this info.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Things we need to consider: Zimmerman was justified because Martin was on top of him, slamming his skull into the concrete, while Zimmerman called for help. This is not a simple fight and not self defense by Martin. At this point, Martin is actively assaulting Zimmerman, using deadly force...and slamming someone's head into the concrete IS deadly force, any way you slice it. Zimmerman defended himself with an appropriate and reasonable amount of force. Zimmerman's statement is the basis for this scenario, and it is corroborated by the other witness testimony, and I assume the physical evidence, or he likely WOULD have been charged.

Whether or not you believe Zimmerman's story, the fact remains it's about all we have to go by. Unless the statements of the other witnesses, or the physical evidence, are inconsistent with it, there's nothing to build a case on. Your opinion may be that Zimmerman is lying, but until you can prove that in court, you have no case. Zimmerman's account of the incident seems to be backed up by both physical evidence and witness testimony. Any other "theory" about what happened is not.

I do find it worth mentioning that Zimmerman's statement was made without knowledge of what other evidence the police had. It tends to suggest to me that it's reasonably accurate, as he had no way of knowing if any parts of the incident were being videotaped, seen, or heard until after he made his statement. If you're going to fabricate something, you're highly likely to get caught in a lie if you don't know exactly what's out there to prove your story wrong.

He's either telling the truth, an unbelievably skilled liar, or incredibly lucky. Whichever it is, there simply seems to be nothing to build a case on.

The Sanford Police did not charge him. The State's Attorney, after reviewing the evidence of the three week investigation, did not charge him. The new special prosecutor appointed by the governor has already said it would be incredibly hard to prosecute this. So now Obama's Justice Department under Eric Holder is going to try and turn this into a race incident and charge him with some sort of civil rights violation.

Is that who you want to stand with, Eric Holder?
    nonod.gif

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Very true.
    When I was younger, my car died along an empty stretch of 37.
    So I got out and started walking up the road thumbing for a ride.
    Everyone passed me by, lots of them looking at me, but no one stopping.
    So I started thinking, here I am with a leather jacket and sunglasses and a bandana tied around my spiked mullett probally looking scary to folks.
    I walk back to my car, take off the bandana, glasses and leather jacket and pop on a baseball cap... withing a few minutes, 3 people stopped to help me.

I was sure being profiled:dunno:

37? The highway of dumped bodies? I wouldn't have stopped for you either! especially if you had a mullet!:laugh:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't know how business is done is Sanford, but for a guy who has a broken nose, and laceration(S)-more than one cut- it would be odd to not have him checked out my the local FD, on scene. An officer making a thorough report would have gotten this info.

He was checked out by SFD medics at the scene. It's in the police report that Kirk Freeman posted in the other thread.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    All of this DID happen and IT IS in the police report, including the initial report.

Sanford Fire Department Rescue 38 was on scene and administered first aid to Zimmerman. After SFD was finished and cleared Zimmerman, the police took him down to the station and put him in the interview room for questioning.

Where do you get he wasn't looked at or treated by FD Rescue on scene? Just read the report.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Things we need to consider: Zimmerman was justified because Martin was on top of him, slamming his skull into the concrete, while Zimmerman called for help. This is not a simple fight and not self defense by Martin. At this point, Martin is actively assaulting Zimmerman, using deadly force...and slamming someone's head into the concrete IS deadly force, any way you slice it. Zimmerman defended himself with an appropriate and reasonable amount of force.

This depends on a number of things. If Zimmerman presented himself as a threat to Martin, attempt to physically prevent his movement, and Martin not knowing Zimmerman's intent, but being aware that he was armed, would you still believe that Zimmerman was "in the right" with his use of deadly force?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All of this DID happen and IT IS in the police report, including the initial report.

Sanford Fire Department Rescue 38 was on scene and administered first aid to Zimmerman. After SFD was finished and cleared Zimmerman, the police took him down to the station and put him in the interview room for questioning.

Where do you get he wasn't looked at or treated by FD Rescue on scene? Just read the report.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

I didn't, you kinda are supporting my point. However, there a caveat. The report is listed as "partial," it is possible that the full report makes reference to all of the actual injuries.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Yes, but that's in the land of $150,000,000 athletic centers and $300,000,000 opera houses.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This depends on a number of things. If Zimmerman presented himself as a threat to Martin, attempt to physically prevent his movement, and Martin not knowing Zimmerman's intent, but being aware that he was armed, would you still believe that Zimmerman was "in the right" with his use of deadly force?

From what has been reported, if at all reliable, it doesn't sound like it happened that way. If Zimmerman was just waiting for police and returning to his vehicle when Martin ambushed him and assaulted him then Z. was an innocent at that point, nothing prior matters as he was not pursuing, and M. was the aggressor. If it happened that way and a taller, more athletic M. had Z. on the ground pummeling him then Z. acted reasonably and M. did not.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Ask the cops here if they can shoot someone going for the cop's gun.

Ask the cops here if they have ever seen a person beaten to serious bodily injury or death with one's hands.
    I agree with both. I probably just didn't see the part where the kid was trying to take Z's gun away.
    There's a story in another thread where an older lady was beatin to death so I know those thing happen.
    Myself personally, I would have just stayed in the vehicle with the doors locked until LE arrived.
    Probably the wrong thing to do but that's how I would have handled it.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    And another witness came out. Sounds like the story is that Zimmerman was going back to his vehicle and was approached by Martin. Now as I've said before, its sad the 17 year old died but if Zimmerman was acting in self defense then there's nothing to be done about charging Zimmerman. Neither of the two sound like a saint but the media is really blowing it up.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    The problem is, according to the vid, that no one actually saw anything. So that means that only one side of the story will ever be told.

What we do know, is that no criminal activity was reported by the shooter, other than the 17 year old kid being "suspicious." A 17 year old kid that was unarmed and had a legal right to be where he was.

What exactly made the shooter confront the kid, knowing that police were on their way? We'll never know anything other than the shooters perspective, which I'm pretty sure is sympathetic to his position.

I personally think manslaughter is probably apt.

I think your opinion sucks.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Que

I am positive that I can locate several threads on INGO that identify a black perpetrator and a white victim. I don't ever recall the objection to race being brought up, but anytime the tables are turned the first question is, "Why does race need to be brought up?"

How much evidence needs to be discovered before the local authorities should take action?! Is there any reason why Zimmerman should not have been arrested, even yesterday, and made to answer questions to determine if charges should be filed against him? If left to local authorities, I would stick to my original assumption that nothing will happen to Zimmerman. If the DOJ moves in, it will certainly be made into an account of "reverse-racism" (whatever that is) by a great deal of people who refuse to objectively examine the facts.

I'm not sure what "side" Zimmerman is on, but if he's supposed to be on the side of lawful-acting gun owners, I need to find a different side. In my mind the guy is a possible criminal who needs to answer to the authorities for what he did.

Why are you a moderator of a gun forum. Sounds like anti gun to me. Here's where I get flamed again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom