Not open for further replies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Why? Do you know how many people shoot other people every day in the US? Do you expect the cops and states attorney to give press conferences on every one? They'd be on camera sixteen hours a day!

There are 250 murders alone each week in the US. That doesn't even count legitimate, lawful self-defense homicides. And that certainly doesn't count all other shootings!

Or is this case somehow special and different than all the other cases?

So now Romney should comment on one shooting out of tens of thousands each year? You know this happened a month ago.
    It was obviously going to be special from the start, or it wouldn't have attracted attention here on INGO. Prior to the involvement of BHO and the BPP. How many other SD threads are going here currently?

Do you mean to tell me your sixth sense did not tell you this was going to blow up into a special incident?

The writing was on the wall at the outset.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This bounty on Zimmerman isn't going to help the cause. How stupid!

In the end this will likely boil down to who initiated and/or provoked the altercation.

One would think that the police, by questioning Zimmerman, could break down his story that Martin charged him, relatively easily (whether it's true or not). But that's the only way they are going to be able to honestly get an indictment. Otherwise, it's Zimmerman's word against the dead teen's, with no one able to dispute Zimmerman's side of the story.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, like Obama is going to talk against Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. I also don't see Obama's Justice Department under Eric Holder going after the New Black Panther Party for gathering a 10,000 man posse to swarm over Maitland and Sanford to "capture" Zimmerman "Dead or Alive." Reward $10,000 up to $1 million.
    Of course he can't do that. That's why he should never have opened his mouth in the first place.

He knew it was a racial tinder box in the process of igniting when he made his original statement.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Of course he can't do that. That's why he should never have opened his mouth in the first place.

He knew it was a racial tinder box in the process of igniting when he made his original statement.
    He could oppose the rabble rousing. That's what leadership is about. Or he can just let things take their course and deny any responsibility.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils

This is an election year and Barack Hussein's chances are fading. It being a "racial tinder box" is why he desperately wanted to make his statement and arranged with NBC to make sure he would have the chance to do so. The first entry in this worthless administration's playbook is "Never waste a crisis....."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, like Obama is going to talk against Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. I also don't see Obama's Justice Department under Eric Holder going after the New Black Panther Party for gathering a 10,000 man posse to swarm over Maitland and Sanford to "capture" Zimmerman "Dead or Alive." Reward $10,000 up to $1 million.

If anyone else did this, DoJ would be all over him/them for putting out a contract on another person.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He could oppose the rabble rousing. That's what leadership is about. Or he can just let things take their course and deny any responsibility.
    I agree. That's what he should've done but he's got to much vested interest in keeping the fire going instead of pouring water on it.

It's no different than Jackson and Sharpton. It's their business to constantly create turbulance.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I have not read through every post here in this thread, but has anyone reported, or can give a good reason as to why Zimmerman got out of his vehicle?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I have not read through every post here in this thread, but has anyone reported, or can give a good reason as to why Zimmerman got out of his vehicle?

The best reason available is because he wanted to. Zimmerman was free under Florida law to exit his vehicle, follow Martin, talk to Martin, etc. Martin had every right to ignore him. However, neither had the right to batter the other. From the 911 recordings and the eyewitness accounts, it appears Martin did indeed do just that. What Zimmerman said to him doesn't matter. Zimmerman following him doesn't matter. According to the 911 recording, and backed up by the eyewitness, Zimmerman was on the phone, talking with the 911 dispatcher, when Martin charged and attacked him. Under Florida law, Zimmerman had the right to use deadly force to stop the attack. He did.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    It was obviously going to be special from the start...The writing was on the wall at the outset.
    Why? Just say it. It was special because it was a white guy shooting a black guy.

The actual merits of the shoot don't enter into it. The news media can't mention the story without pointing out the races involved.

If it had been a black guy shooting a black guy, the story wouldn't have made it out of the Sanford Gazette. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the NBPP wouldn't have said there is a war on blacks in America. Obama certainly would not have said anything. And people wouldn't expect Romney to say anything.

Just my opinion, but I think I'm right.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The best reason available is because he wanted to. Zimmerman was free under Florida law to exit his vehicle, follow Martin, talk to Martin, etc. Martin had every right to ignore him. However, neither had the right to batter the other. From the 911 recordings and the eyewitness accounts, it appears Martin did indeed do just that. What Zimmerman said to him doesn't matter. Zimmerman following him doesn't matter. According to the 911 recording, and backed up by the eyewitness, Zimmerman was on the phone, talking with the 911 dispatcher, when Martin charged and attacked him. Under Florida law, Zimmerman had the right to use deadly force to stop the attack. He did.

Where is this information about Zimmerman being charged/attacked coming from? I'm yet to read anything like that from any independent witness.

Best,

Joe

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Where is this information about Zimmerman being charged/attacked coming from? I'm yet to read anything like that from any independent witness.

Best,

Joe

The 911 recording is the best source. It's easy to discern, while Zimmerman is talking with the dispatcher, that Martin approaches him. Not the other way around.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    What we have are several 911 recordings (from Zimmerman and witness who called), Zimmerman's testimony, and the unbiased witness' testimony. I believe that's all.

Based on all the evidence the police had, they decided not to charge, and the prosecutor not to prosecute or bring before a grand jury. They did not have any evidence to show Zimmerman did anything wrong.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Why? Just say it. It was special because it was a white guy shooting a black guy.

The actual merits of the shoot don't enter into it. The news media can't mention the story without pointing out the races involved.

If it had been a black guy shooting a black guy, the story wouldn't have made it out of the Sanford Gazette. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the NBPP wouldn't have said there is a war on blacks in America. Obama certainly would not have said anything. And people wouldn't expect Romney to say anything.

Just my opinion, but I think I'm right.
    Exactly my point. Which is your point too?

We knew the media was going to portray this as innocent black kid shot by gun wielding racist cracker, whether true or not. We could see people jockeying on this from the get-go.

It didn't have to take this route, but no one seemed to think of doing damage control until the rabble-rousing began.

I can't believe you expect "leadership" out of him; he hasn't displayed any leadership since he took office.
    Erm, help please?

What we have are several 911 recordings (from Zimmerman and witness who called), Zimmerman's testimony, and the unbiased witness' testimony. I believe that's all.

Based on all the evidence the police had, they decided not to charge, and the prosecutor not to prosecute or bring before a grand jury. They did not have any evidence to show Zimmerman did anything wrong.
    If the police and state's attorney believed Zimmerman was exercising valid self-defense, they could have made an explicit statement to that effect, that based on the evidence it appeared Zimmerman had been attacked, and exercised force as allowed by law.

Them not charging Zimmerman doesn't mean they were not going to. If they had decided it was self-defense, they needed to state that. Had they gotten to that point yet?

Also the grand jury would offer an out for all concerned. Then the police and state's attorney could just point to the grand jury's decision not to indict.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Um, he goes before the grand jury next week...

Of the "evidence you give", correct me if I'm wrong but Zimmerman's statement is the only personal knowledge account of the BEGINNING of the fight. Correct? Or am I missing something?

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom