• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The facts of this case aside, America has to undergo a sea change and get off the black-white thing once and for all. And the media has to stop encouraging the Sharptons and their ilk. This is simply destructive of the nation. It also disserves the actual victims in these cases.

I don't see this resulting in the passage of new restrictive gun laws and hate crime laws, although the Democrats will try to leverage the vote in November and will castigate the GOP for foot dragging.

By the way, where is Romney et al. on this?

Maybe he is actually smart enough not to comment on an ongoing investigation and just stir the pot. :dunno:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hiding, hoping that if they ignore it, it will go away?
    When these events take place, why does everyone work so hard to get behind the curve? The cops and states attorney should have been out there at the outset, even just saying it was being reviewed, but talking.

Romney and the rest should have beaten Obama to the punch, at least to make a statement that it was a tragedy, and appealing for cooler heads to prevail.

Never concede the 'higher ground' to your opponent. Make him fight you for it. Romney definitely could have come across as a healer and uniter. Especially if he had gotten there before BHO.

After Rodney King, this is not rocket science. Let the media play with it, unsupervised, and they'll burn the house down. Time and again.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    ^This^ Just like BHO should've kept his pie hole shut.
    But you knew that wasn't going to happen, didn't you?

Romney needed to come out with some general statement about a tragedy, how we want justice to be done, we don't want to rush to judgment, let the facts come out, etc. Then Obama's choice would have been to second Romney, or play the predictable card. Which would put Romney in the center and marginalize Obama by default.:twocents:

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Of course. I'm sure we all remember the remarks that preceded the "Beer Summit" awhile ago.

Yep, the big O jumped the gun that time as well and said
    "the police acted stupidly" and stepped in a pile of :poop:

I thought obama was supposed to be the great unifier, able to end all racial problems???

Instead the tool has taken every opportunity to divide..... you tell me that is not purposeful.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I thought obama was supposed to be the great unifier, able to end all racial problems???

Instead the tool has taken every opportunity to divide..... you tell me that is not purposeful.

Obama does a good job at being what he is. Liars lie, and he does a masterful job of it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep, the big O jumped the gun that time as well and said
    "the police acted stupidly" and stepped in a pile of :poop:

If he really wanted to do that then he should come out and make a statement about all the racial hucksters that are whipping this incedent up into a frenzy or howbout commenting on the BPP rounding up a posse and putting a bounty out on Zimmerman.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If he really wanted to do that then he should come out and make a statement about all the racial hucksters that are whipping this incedent up into a frenzy or howbout commenting on the BPP rounding up a posse and putting a bounty out on Zimmerman.

Fair bet that you are not going to hold your breath til you turn 15 shades of purple waiting for that to happen?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Fair bet that you are not going to hold your breath til you turn 15 shades of purple waiting for that to happen?

Don't do that.... I can't stand purple people.

PurplePeople.jpg

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Tell the New Black Panthers this. They are calling for 10,000 black men to storm in to the Maitland/Sanford area and find Zimmerman. They have posted a bounty and are raising more money. They say they want Zimmerman dead or alive.

where is this at?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    This bounty on Zimmerman isn't going to help the cause. How stupid!

In the end this will likely boil down to who initiated and/or provoked the altercation.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The cops and states attorney should have been out there at the outset, even just saying it was being reviewed, but talking.
    Why? Do you know how many people shoot other people every day in the US? Do you expect the cops and states attorney to give press conferences on every one? They'd be on camera sixteen hours a day!

There are 250 murders alone each week in the US. That doesn't even count legitimate, lawful self-defense homicides. And that certainly doesn't count all other shootings!

Or is this case somehow special and different than all the other cases?
    Romney and the rest should have beaten Obama to the punch
    So now Romney should comment on one shooting out of tens of thousands each year? You know this happened a month ago.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I would love to see Zimmerman file a disciplinary complaint with the Illinois Supreme Court on Obama for violating the ethical duties of an attorney to avoid prejudicing pending cases and investigations...

Joe

Obama "voluntarily retired" years ago so correct me if I am wrong, but he can't be held to "attorney standards", while Michele is "voluntarily inactive" and in theory, she could be..

As much as I like your idea..

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    If he really wanted to do that then he should come out and make a statement about all the racial hucksters that are whipping this incedent up into a frenzy
    Yeah, like Obama is going to talk against Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. I also don't see Obama's Justice Department under Eric Holder going after the New Black Panther Party for gathering a 10,000 man posse to swarm over Maitland and Sanford to "capture" Zimmerman "Dead or Alive." Reward $10,000 up to $1 million.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    where is this at?
    Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin.

New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon in a gated Sanford community on Feb. 26.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland — where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. He declined to say when the group would begin their search.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman - Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Sentinel

Muhammad said the group's national chairman, Dr. Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, D.C. is receiving donations from black entertainers and athletes. They hope to collect $1 million by next week, Muhammad said.

The party said they would not release the names of donors nor would they provide documentation to support the existence of donations.

Muhammed led the group in chanting "Black Power!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom