• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Um, he goes before the grand jury next week...

Make sure you understand what a grand jury does. Their only role is to determine if a "reasonable person" believes that it could be possible for the state to obtain a conviction at trial. It doesn't mean they think that Zimmerman is guilty of a crime. The bar for a grand jury to move a proceeding to trial is purposely set very low. In this case, it's almost 100% that they will find grounds for a trial to occur. In reality, although the MSM will equate it to tablets carried by Moses, it means nothing. At trial, if one occurs, the available evidence will carry the day. In such a forum, Zimmerman will almost certainly prevail. All of this assumes that the prosecutor who has jurisdiction decides to formally bring charges. He/she can still choose not to, despite the results of a grand jury. If that happens, Zimmerman walks. I believe there's a credible chance that is what will happen.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Some people keep asking, "Why didn't the police arrest Zimmerman? He was in the wrong! What he did was illegal!"

Here's what the SPD says about that.

The telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman “are you following him”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do that”. The call taker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow. Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon.

When the Sanford Police Department arrived at the scene of the incident, Mr. Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony. By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time. Additionally, when any police officer makes an arrest for any reason, the officer MUST swear and affirm that he/she is making the arrest in good faith and with probable cause. If the arrest is done maliciously and in bad faith, the officer and the City may be held liable.

According to Florida Statute 776.032 :

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

These answers are from the SPD Chief at the request of Norton N. Bonaparte, Jr., City Manager.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

Last edited:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Friends fear for safety of man who shot Florida teen - Yahoo! News

Sadly, the MSM continues to build the propaganda web against Zimmerman. This is from Reuters which, if you don't follow media sources, is foreign but heavily reports on events in the U.S. Read how the story is constructed to paint poor Martin as a victim and Zimmerman as a criminal. Even the quotes from Zimmerman's friends are parsed and strung to be used out-of-context. Do you see any mention of the available evidence, hard evidence, in this case? Beyond sad.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Obama's race baiting is over the top. I hope people see it for what it is and they kick that stooge out of the White House in November.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Read how the story is constructed to paint poor Martin as a victim and Zimmerman as a criminal. Do you see any mention of the available evidence, hard evidence, in this case?
    The evidence is out there, well, a lot of it--all the 911 calls, the official statements about the events that transpired that night from the Sanford Police Department--and the media just totally ignore the sequence of events, including that Tray attacked Zimmerman while he was returning to his truck to meet the police officer being dispatched.

Unbelievable.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Has everyone put themselves in BOTH positions? I mean really? And I'm sure I will get the" I wouldn't be walkin in the rain in an unknown area" and the rest of them,coming from Zim side.
    But really try that. I did!! using just the facts that we know from what I have gathered from different sources.
    Would you had the same thing that Zim did? would you have done things the way Martin did. lets see where this goes.
    I would have made the call, i may have followed (NEVER gettting outta my Vehicle) If confronted I would have STAYED in my vehicle!!! I would have listened to the dispatcher!! if need be after everything in the above facts this still did not work and i thought my life was on the line draw my weapon!!
    Martin,, I may HAVE to walk in an unknown area, If it was raining i would have put the hood up on my hoodie, if followed i would think someone was up to something,If i stopped and this person or persons got out of the vehicle I would run or try to MAKE SPACE between us, if cornered I'm FIGHTING or if carrying and feel my life is on the line, eliminating the threat.
    Try it out!! then post
    Again still only know the facts that are given to me, Zim is in the wrong! I would have never gotten outta my vehicle!!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Has everyone put themselves in BOTH positions? I mean really? And I'm sure I will get the" I wouldn't be walkin in the rain in an unknown area" and the rest of them,coming from Zim side.
    But really try that. I did!! using just the facts that we know from what I have gathered from different sources.
    Would you had the same thing that Zim did? would you have done things the way Martin did. lets see where this goes.
    I would have made the call, i may have followed (NEVER gettting outta my Vehicle) If confronted I would have STAYED in my vehicle!!! I would have listened to the dispatcher!! if need be after everything in the above facts this still did not work and i thought my life was on the line draw my weapon!!
    Martin,, I may HAVE to walk in an unknown area, If it was raining i would have put the hood up on my hoodie, if followed i would think someone was up to something,If i stopped and this person or persons got out of the vehicle I would run or try to MAKE SPACE between us, if cornered I'm FIGHTING or if carrying and feel my life is on the line, eliminating the threat.
    Try it out!! then post
    Again still only know the facts that are given to me, Zim is in the wrong! I would have never gotten outta my vehicle!!

Have you read the entire thread by chance? Because there IS evidence out there that casts a shadow on Zim being "wrong!"..

He got out of his car? So what? He is a free citizen.
    He wasn't ordered not to follow, he was told "you don't have to do that".
    He had evidence all over him that he got his ass beat.
    An eye witness SAW Martin beating Zimmerman's ass.
    Evidence suggests Zimmerman may have been RETURNING to his car when he was jumped.

All you are doing is making a ton of assumptions based on media hype..

Am I saying Zimmerman was 100% in the right, no. I am playing devil's advocate here and trying to see this from all sides instead of convicting him in the court of media hype, before he even has a trial(if he lives that long before the Black Panthers catch up to him).

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Make sure you understand what a grand jury does. Their only role is to determine if a "reasonable person" believes that it could be possible for the state to obtain a conviction at trial. It doesn't mean they think that Zimmerman is guilty of a crime. The bar for a grand jury to move a proceeding to trial is purposely set very low. In this case, it's almost 100% that they will find grounds for a trial to occur. In reality, although the MSM will equate it to tablets carried by Moses, it means nothing. At trial, if one occurs, the available evidence will carry the day. In such a forum, Zimmerman will almost certainly prevail. All of this assumes that the prosecutor who has jurisdiction decides to formally bring charges. He/she can still choose not to, despite the results of a grand jury. If that happens, Zimmerman walks. I believe there's a credible chance that is what will happen.

Uh, yeah. As an attorney who practices exclusively criminal law I have no idea what a grand jury does...

My post was in response to griffin's quoted posting that it was not being referred to the grand jury; nothing more nothing less.

Joe

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Something I've been thinking about. Police say that, when found dead, Martin had a can of Arizona ice tea in his hoodie, and skittles in his pocket. An Arizona can? Those cans are pretty large and cumbersome, right? And the pockets of a hoodie fairly loose and spacious. I guess it's possible, but I find it odd that during a struggle that it wouldn't have fallen out.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Something I've been thinking about. Police say that, when found dead, Martin had a can of Arizona ice tea in his hoodie, and skittles in his pocket. An Arizona can? Those cans are pretty large and cumbersome, right? And the pockets of a hoodie fairly loose and spacious. I guess it's possible, but I find it odd that during a struggle that it wouldn't have fallen out.

Depends I guess. Was it a pullover hoodie with the one big pocket, or a zippered hoodie with two smaller pockets..

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Have you read the entire thread by chance? Because there IS evidence out there that casts a shadow on Zim being "wrong!"..

He got out of his car? So what? He is a free citizen.
    He wasn't ordered not to follow, he was told "you don't have to do that".
    He had evidence all over him that he got his ass beat.
    An eye witness SAW Martin beating Zimmerman's ass.
    Evidence suggests Zimmerman may have been RETURNING to his car when he was jumped.

All you are doing is making a ton of assumptions based on media hype..

Am I saying Zimmerman was 100% in the right, no. I am playing devil's advocate here and trying to see this from all sides instead of convicting him in the court of media hype, before he even has a trial(if he lives that long before the Black Panthers catch up to him).
    Ok thanks for putting urself in BOTH sets of shoes.
    Young man was walking back home So What? he is a FREE citizen.
    ALL YOU are doing is making a ton of ASSUMPTIONS based on media hype. LOUSY!!!post

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm betting Florida's "Stand your ground" law is in for a serious challenge... and in a bunch of other places too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ok thanks for putting urself in BOTH sets of shoes.
    Young man was walking back home So What? he is a FREE citizen.
    ALL YOU are doing is making a ton of ASSUMPTIONS based on media hype. LOUSY!!!post

Wow, totally missed my point, AND reinforced it with your own post..:n00b:

Lousy post eh? Well shucks, now that I have been beaten down by the likes of you, how shall i ever go on? :rolleyes:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow, totally missed my point, AND reinforced it with your own post..:n00b:

Lousy post eh? Well shucks, now that I have been beaten down by the likes of you, how shall i ever go on? :rolleyes:

The extra bronze badge I just gave you should help. I completely understand what you were going for. I have been playing both sides of this as well.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The extra bronze badge I just gave you should help. I completely understand what you were going for. I have been playing both sides of this as well.

Thanks, you did indeed "get it". I will explain it for our friend here though..

Psst.. Assumptions are being made on BOTH "sides" of the issue.. get it?

Heinrich Himmler? HAHA

Wow, things are just going over your head left n right tonite arent they? :ugh:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Trust me I get it!! DID YOU READ MY POST? I asked folks to put themselves in BOTH sets of shoes WITH the information that we have been given,(Biased the victims side.) :dunno:AGAIN BOTH SIDES!!! Not just the gun owners because this is a pro gun site:ingo:!!!I understand you may not be able.:noway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt at first.. but, I have to admit that this is looking worse and worse for the shooter.

Trust me I get it!! DID YOU READ MY POST? I asked folks to put themselves in BOTH sets of shoes WITH the information that we have been given,(Biased the victims side.) :dunno:AGAIN BOTH SIDES!!! Not just the gun owners because this is a pro gun site:ingo:!!!I understand you may not be able.:noway:

Yes, you are correct, I "may not be able"..:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom