Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The racial aspect of the case is the focal point.
    Everyone knows it.
    To say otherwise is a lie.
    The facts of the case won't matter nearly as much as "justice".
    :twocents:

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    The racial aspect of the case is the focal point.
    Everyone knows it.
    To say otherwise is a lie.
    The facts of the case won't matter nearly as much as "justice".
    :twocents:

And liberal whites are how they got that power. how Obama got elected. How destroit and places like that are crapholes.

I really get annoyed when I hear the blacks complain about something and yell "No justice no peace". I am sure there are plenty of places they want to try to riot the decent people will be read for them. And I mean decent people of all races.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Tom Knapp is wondering about one aspect of the case. The jury was sent out and the defence and prosecution argued for and against allowing calls the defendant had made previous to the killing to be submitted. The defence doesn't want the calls to be heard and the prosecution does. I'm with Knapp on this one. If I were the defence team I'd want the calls included.

Not Sure I Agree with the Defense Strategy Here ... | KN@PPSTER

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tom Knapp is wondering about one aspect of the case. The jury was sent out and the defence and prosecution argued for and against allowing calls the defendant had made previous to the killing to be submitted. The defence doesn't want the calls to be heard and the prosecution does. I'm with Knapp on this one. If I were the defence team I'd want the calls included.

Not Sure I Agree with the Defense Strategy Here ... | KN@PPSTER

Not sure I do, either. But you can bet the prosecution will use those calls to try to paint Zimmerman as some kind of frustrated vigilante. Maybe the defense wants to avoid that picture being painted at all, rather than try to convince the jury it's not true.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    While that story makes some valid points, it just highlights why you should take legal advice from a cop/swat "operator" with a large grain of salt.

His understanding of the rules of evidence, door opening, and reversible error are "lacking" to say the least. For example, putting Dee Dee on the stand does not de facto open the doors he thinks/says it does. Also, I am curious what the unspecified "reversible error" by Judge Nelson he references is.

Best,

Joe

I thought operators knew everything. Thanks for bursting the bubble.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But, he's not as black as any of those people. A great grandfather who was only partially of African descent doesn't make him 1/4 black or afro anything, (unless you're one of those people who equate one drop of African blood to mean you're black). At best he would be something like 1/16th. Probably even less than that, since no-one knows what percentage the great grandfather was purported to be (with no proof other than a picture). Trying to play that particular card would be a shysters trick and would likely backfire. This was not a case of black on black violence or anything like it.

Jorge is just as black as Barack Obama or Halle Berry and he is, as Prof. Reynolds reminds us, much blacker than Homer Plessy.

The defense should be beating on Zimmerman's being black like an eternal drum solo. Race card is the reason he was prosecuted; that card needs to be jammed back down the government's throat sideways.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Jorge is just as black as Barack Obama or Halle Berry and he is, as Prof. Reynolds reminds us, much blacker than Homer Plessy.

The defense should be beating on Zimmerman's being black like an eternal drum solo. Race card is the reason he was prosecuted; that card needs to be jammed back down the government's throat sideways.

To Kirk (and any other legal minds),

I would not disagree with your assessment here.

So, this begs the question: Why isn't Mr. Zimmerman's ethnic background being pounded into the minds of the jurors? What motive would his attorney's have for ignoring this fact?

Regards,

Doug

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

So, this begs the question: Why isn't Mr. Zimmerman's ethnic background being pounded into the minds of the jurors? What motive would his attorney's have for ignoring this fact?

Regards,

Doug

He doesn't look black, that's why. If they say that the media will have a field day with it and 200 million americans will be talking about it the next day

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why tomorrow? That article is from March. I guess the perjury wasn't all that damaging to the case?

She goes on soon. It should be damaging, very damaging.

Don't know. I cannot answer that.

Zimmerman being an African-American should not have been a surprise to anyone, especially not the jury.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Before reading the article in the link that Kirk F provided, I had not seen pictures of the back of Z's head with such lighting and clarity. Hmmm... How does the state explain that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

He doesn't look black, that's why. If they say that the media will have a field day with it and 200 million americans will be talking about it the next day

Almost.

Regards,

Doug

Don't know. I cannot answer that.

Zimmerman being an African-American should not have been a surprise to anyone, especially not the jury.

DNA doesn't matter. For example, Clarance Thomas may as well be Rush Limbaugh's twin brother. A conversation with my Hispanic niece last year confirmed that racism is not about race.

Niece: "Zimmerman is just another white racist."

Me: "But Zimmerman is Hispanic.

Niece: "He's white Hispanic."

Me: "So are you."

Niece: "Zimmerman is not Hispanic because he doesn't act 'Hispanic. He grew up in a white culture'".

So, Zimmerman isn't African American because he doesn't act "African American". He acts "white" so regardless of DNA, he's viewed as culturally white as Clarance Thomas.

"Race" in America isn't really about DNA, it's about behavior, culture and politics, which is why Bill Clinton was the first Black POTUS.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Almost.

DNA doesn't matter. For example, Clarance Thomas may as well be Rush Limbaugh's twin brother. A conversation with my Hispanic niece last year confirmed that racism is not about race.

Niece: "Zimmerman is just another white racist."

Me: "But Zimmerman is Hispanic.

Niece: "He's white Hispanic."

Me: "So are you."

Niece: "Zimmerman is not Hispanic because he doesn't act 'Hispanic. He grew up in a white culture'".

So much fail there I would not know where to start.

Wonder if she approved of TMs ghetto rat life style?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So much fail there I would not know where to start.

Wonder if she approved of TMs ghetto rat life style?

It distils into "you're not like me so your opinion isn't valid to me". It's really faux racism, because it's not about skin color. It doesn't matter if TM is was a thug or not. It just matters how "white" Z acts.

Because of that, I wish that the defense would do as Kirk said and ram Z's DNA down the prosecution's throat the whole trial. I think they need to put faux racism on trial because that is the only reason the case against Zimmerman has gotten this far.

But I think it would be hard for the defense to articulate it for what it is, without leaving an opening for the prosecution and media to spin it as desperation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Before reading the article in the link that Kirk F provided, I had not seen pictures of the back of Z's head with such lighting and clarity. Hmmm... How does the state explain that?
    Ask Kutnupe. He postulates that Z may have bashed his own head into the ground. Maybe the prosecution will explore that theory. Then again maybe not. :dunno:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I haven't been paying that much attention... Are they going to allow both eyewitnesses that say a man in a dark hoodie on top of a white or Hispanic guy in a red sweatshirt raining down punches MMA style? (I am paraphrasing)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom