N. Central IN
    Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Were are you getting this African American thing? Everything I've seen says Latino or White Hispanic.

From the facts. George Zimmerman is an African-American.

Jorge is 1/4 African-American. That would be out of my mouth, right after I said self-defense the first 17 times.

George Zimmerman: Partially black, registered Democrat, and still a mystery | Washington Times Communities

Professor Althouse:

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/george-zimmerman-is-one-fourth-black.html

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well every person on the planet is African in one form or another, we just have different departure times.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From the facts. George Zimmerman is an African-American.

Jorge is 1/4 African-American. That would be out of my mouth, right after I said self-defense the first 17 times.

George Zimmerman: Partially black, registered Democrat, and still a mystery | Washington Times Communities

Professor Althouse:

Althouse: George Zimmerman is "one-fourth black, four times as black as Warren is Indian, though the New York Times describes him as a 'white Hispanic.'"
    great grandfathers was Afro-Peruvian
    That's not 1/4. He's Latino. That "he's black" refrain would only play at a Klan meeting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's not 1/4. He's Latino. That "he's black" refrain would only play at a Klan meeting.

I didn't say black did I? I said George Zimmerman is African-American which should be every other sentence in the defense opening.

The defense should be reminding (hell, if INGO is any indication, telling them for the first time) that Jorge is just as black as Hollywood starlets Halle Berry or Barack Obama, or Obama's golfing buddy Tiger Woods. Beat that dead horse until it runs.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Is Z going to take the stand? Do you think he should? I don't think it would be a good idea.

Won't be a need for him to take the stand. He cooperated with everything the police asked. Plenty of video/interviews for the police and defense to talk on, no point in giving them a chance to trip him up.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

While that story makes some valid points, it just highlights why you should take legal advice from a cop/swat "operator" with a large grain of salt.

Mike McDaniel

Mike McDaniel is a former police officer, detective, and SWAT operator, and is now a high school English teacher. He blogs here.

His understanding of the rules of evidence, door opening, and reversible error are "lacking" to say the least. For example, putting Dee Dee on the stand does not de facto open the doors he thinks/says it does. Also, I am curious what the unspecified "reversible error" by Judge Nelson he references is.

Best,

Joe

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Won't be a need for him to take the stand. He cooperated with everything the police asked. Plenty of video/interviews for the police and defense to talk on, no point in giving them a chance to trip him up.

The prosecution can introduce his hearsay statements on direct, but the defense cannot as he is not a party opponent of the defense. I would guess he testifies.

Best,

Joe

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't say black did I? I said George Zimmerman is African-American which should be every other sentence in the defense opening.

The defense should be reminding (hell, if INGO is any indication, telling them for the first time) that Jorge is just as black as Hollywood starlets Halle Berry or Barack Obama, or Obama's golfing buddy Tiger Woods. Beat that dead horse until it runs.
    But, he's not as black as any of those people. A great grandfather who was only partially of African descent doesn't make him 1/4 black or afro anything, (unless you're one of those people who equate one drop of African blood to mean you're black). At best he would be something like 1/16th. Probably even less than that, since no-one knows what percentage the great grandfather was purported to be (with no proof other than a picture). Trying to play that particular card would be a shysters trick and would likely backfire. This was not a case of black on black violence or anything like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom