• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    None of us are innocent of making snap judgments based on incomplete information. I guess my question would be "why haven't we heard about it if M's mother (and what about the father) was forced to ask for donations to pay for M's funeral?" Not saying it didn't happen or that M's parents didn't have financial needs, but the MSM narrative, it seems to me, would have trumpeted such needs to the nation as another way to bias public opinion against Z.

There hasn't been a single pro/con article of any attempts of Martin's mother trying to raise funds or profit off of copyrighting his name that I'm aware of. If there was one, it most certainly would have been posted in this thread. The mere news of her trying to copyright his name led to some pretty vicious attacks in this thread.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    There hasn't been a single pro/con article of any attempts of Martin's mother trying to raise funds or profit off of copyrighting his name that I'm aware of. If there was one, it most certainly would have been posted in this thread. The mere news of her trying to copyright his name led to some pretty vicious attacks in this thread.

It doesn't sound like she's hurting for money.

Mother of Slain Fla. Teen Gets 8 Months Paid Leave | TheLedger.com

The same article, more than a month old, also mentions Zimmerman and states:

"Zimmerman has raised more than $200,000. His attorney says money has been spent on bond, paying debts, and arranging secure living quarters." Not exactly hiding the fact of where it was spent.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How many people stopped to think that she copyrighted Trayvon's name, etc. In order to prevent OTHERS from making money off this tragedy?

Here? Almost none. It was automatically assumed that she did so to profit. I'm not digging through almost 4000 posts here to find it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It doesn't sound like she's hurting for money.

Mother of Slain Fla. Teen Gets 8 Months Paid Leave | TheLedger.com

The same article, more than a month old, also mentions Zimmerman and states:

"Zimmerman has raised more than $200,000. His attorney says money has been spent on bond, paying debts, and arranging secure living quarters." Not exactly hiding the fact of where it was spent.
    Yep, I'm sure Z and his family have been out partying and living the high life off of those donations.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    None of us are innocent of making snap judgments based on incomplete information. I guess my question would be "why haven't we heard about it if M's mother (and what about the father) was forced to ask for donations to pay for M's funeral?" Not saying it didn't happen or that M's parents didn't have financial needs, but the MSM narrative, it seems to me, would have trumpeted such needs to the nation as another way to bias public opinion against Z.

How many people stopped to think that she copyrighted Trayvon's name, etc. In order to prevent OTHERS from making money off this tragedy?

Here? Almost none. It was automatically assumed that she did so to profit. I'm not digging through almost 4000 posts here to find it.

See? You folks made my point for me. A number of us jumped to conclusions concerning stories in this thread. Among them was that Zimmerman was a racist who pursued Martin in order to murder him. Another was that Martin's mother copyrighted his name to profit from his death. Still another was that because Zimmerman and his family cleared some of their debts, that they were going to abscond with their legal defense funds.

None of us "know" any of these things, but it doesn't stop us from speculating; even those of us who know better. None of which absolves us of being vindictively petty about any other person.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Without having any useful information on the subject, it really is hard to tell whether she had profit on her mind or is simply doing what she can to keep her son from becoming the new Che Guevara, including but not limited to having his face plastered on every third T-shirt from Florida to Alaska.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Without having any useful information on the subject, it really is hard to tell whether she had profit on her mind or is simply doing what she can to keep her son from becoming the new Che Guevara, including but not limited to having his face plastered on every third T-shirt from Florida to Alaska.

Useful information sure wasn't needed when the accusations flew on here after the story broke. That's my point.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    "why haven't we heard about it if M's mother (and what about the father) was forced to ask for donations to pay for M's funeral?"
    They went on an East-coast fundraising tour with kickbacks to the pastors that helped them raise the money. This was in the news but not widely told.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Any links? Did they perjure themselves in the process?
    It's here in the 402 pages somewhere. Why do I have to keep going back to find posts for people who haven't read the thread? Since they weren't under oath, no, I don't see how they could have perjured themselves. :)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's here in the 402 pages somewhere. Why do I have to keep going back to find posts for people who haven't read the thread? Since they weren't under oath, no, I don't see how they could have perjured themselves. :)

What is she being charged with?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I'm not following you. Someone asked about Trayvon's mom raising money, I answered. :dunno:

I suppose she could be charged with not raising her son right.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Money is fungible. If he used $100 out of his bank account to pay the education bill and $100 out of the paypal account to buy food, or the other way around, what's the difference?

In the end he has one big pile of money.

thats how i see it. and debt is debt to me too. you give money for defense or whatever if he is paying of bills i think it's a non issue.

sure its not going to a lawyer but his life goes on until his trial he still has bills.

i just dont see anything wrong here.

jake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom