Not open for further replies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    They still should be permanently retired for their lack of ethical conduct.
    Lack of ethical conduct for losing a trial? Maybe the jury got it wrong. Or maybe the prosecutor thought it was a good case and the jury simply disagreed.

Juries that acquit don't necessarily believe the charge was incorrect. Sometimes they think the defendant was guilty, but the evidence did not exclude every other real possibility.

It happens. Doesn't make it an ethical failure.

How about defense attorneys who don't get an acquittal? Malpractice? Incompetence?

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Sprinkle a few lies made by you here and there, and I'd agree. Fortunately, I had a chance to expose your creative writing before it got lost.

Lies by me? What a howler! You're the only one who can come up with "if Zimmerman got out of his truck he's guilty" is not the same as "Zimmerman is not permitted to get out of his truck" or "not permitted to be on the sidewalk." Where was he permitted if getting out of the truck makes him guilty? Then you ridiculously try to cover your tracks by lying and trying a diversion. Do you plant evidence too? Make up testimony? Shake down teenagers to steal their beer? You seem to be ethically challenged and it's increasingly unbecoming.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lies by me? What a howler! You're the only one who can come up with "if Zimmerman got out of his truck he's guilty" is not the same as "Zimmerman is not permitted to get out of his truck" or "not permitted to be on the sidewalk." Where was he permitted if getting out of the truck makes him guilty? Then you ridiculously try to cover your tracks by lying and trying a diversion. Do you plant evidence too? Make up testimony? Shake down teenagers to steal their beer? You seem to be ethically challenged and it's increasingly unbecoming.

Yeah, just next time when you decide to lie on somebody, choose someone who won't call you out. You'll never become a "real boy" nor will your nose cease to stop growing if you keep up with your non-truths.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yeah, just next time when you decide to lie on somebody, choose someone who won't call you out. You'll never become a "real boy" nor will your nose cease to stop growing if you keep up with your non-truths.

Except you can't point out exactly how it's a "lie." Yeah, right-o. This ghetto bully crap may work when you're trying to steal beer from teenagers, but not here. Does your chief know you spend all you patrol time posting on here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Except you can't point out exactly how it's a "lie." Yeah, right-o. This ghetto bully crap may work when you're trying to steal beer from teenagers, but not here. Does your chief know you spend all you patrol time posting on here?

Not working Pinoc, but thanks for caring.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Non of this back and forth has anything to do with the actual thread topic but I must say that I find this "Punch and Judy Show" amusing. :popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Non of this back and forth has anything to do with the actual thread topic but I must say that I find this "Punch and Judy Show" amusing. :popcorn:

I KNOW, someone care to get thus thread back on topic? I can bite my tongue for a Lil while.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    When is this trial going to start?

I believe there are a few folks in Washington, who don't want anything to move until after November.

DiwataMan2 is getting the full audio interviews up on Youtube. I just listened to three separate interviews of, "John", who saw TM raining down blows, MMA-style. He's, "Witness #6".

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    More motions will be heard June 1.

George Zimmerman's attorney wants time to review records - BostonHerald.com

O’Mara argued that some evidence the state has collected may be inadmissible and could inflame tensions in the racially charged controversy and jeopardize Zimmerman’s right to a fair trial.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/23/2814613/prosecutors-in-george-zimmerman.html

“Certain discovery, though completely irrelevant, may tend to inflame the passions of those in favor of one position or another in this matter,” attorney Mark O’Mara wrote in a pleading to the court. “As an example . . . there are approximately 1,000 emails received by the Sanford Police Department regarding this case.”

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lack of ethical conduct for losing a trial? Maybe the jury got it wrong. Or maybe the prosecutor thought it was a good case and the jury simply disagreed.

Juries that acquit don't necessarily believe the charge was incorrect. Sometimes they think the defendant was guilty, but the evidence did not exclude every other real possibility.

It happens. Doesn't make it an ethical failure.

How about defense attorneys who don't get an acquittal? Malpractice? Incompetence?

Perhaps I failed to adequately explain my point, which is the ethical failure I have noticed with prosecutors who will charge individuals who should not have been in the first place with the foundational error being that they are completely indifferent to whether or not the accused is actually guilty but only whether or not they think they can win regardless of the truth of the matter. Prosecutors who consider their purpose in life to get convictions as opposed to establishing truth and justice should not be tolerated. The remark of 'getting justice for Trayvon' is a clear indicator of having no concern for the truth, only seeing a score marked up in her favor.

No, I do not accuse anyone of an ethical deficiency for trying to do the right thing and failing to accomplish that. We all know what a gamble the courtroom can be.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Zimmerman trial outrage - Washington Times

It is also disconcerting to contemplate the possibility that Mr. Zimmerman could be scapegoated to avoid the eruption of civil unrest if the results are less than satisfactory to some individuals.

From the same article:
    Parties are jumping to conclusions that are not based on facts or evidence but instead on the preponderance of divergent public opinion.

The, "facts & evidence", crowd, which now includes two criminal law professors, leans one way, while the, "public opinion", crowd, which includes two un-trustworthy Reverends, leans the other. :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the same article:

The, "facts & evidence", crowd, which now includes two criminal law professors, leans one way, while the, "public opinion", crowd, which includes two un-trustworthy Reverends, leans the other. :twocents:

I don't doubt Alan Dershowitz's talent, but how much weight does one want to place on the opinion (and unless he has all the evidence, that's exactly what it is) of a guy who believed and represented a rapist (Mike Tyson), a terrorist (Patty Hearst), and a guy who fleeced millions from the elderly (Jim Baker).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't doubt Alan Dershowitz's talent, but how much weight does one want to place on the opinion (and unless he has all the evidence, that's exactly what it is) of a guy who believed and represented a rapist (Mike Tyson), a terrorist (Patty Hearst), and a guy who fleeced millions from the elderly (Jim Baker).
    I do believe all of those cases were in the "L" column.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom