• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    She does say justice for Trayvon. And I having a hard time understanding how that is out of line.

I'm wondering if that's normal? I can easily understand lawyers for both sides saying they are trying to win the case for their client in a civil trial But I would think that in a criminal trial, the job of the prosecuter is to seek justice. Justice is supposed to be blind. Unfortunately, prosecutors seem to be more politician than seekers of justice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm wondering if that's normal? I can easily understand lawyers for both sides saying they are trying to win the case for their client in a civil trial But I would think that in a criminal trial, the job of the prosecuter is to seek justice. Justice is supposed to be blind. Unfortunately, prosecutors seem to be more politician than seekers of justice.

I see you are feeling more diplomatic than I am today. Well said.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    This works hand in hand with my reasons for considering most prosecutors menaces to society. The stupid SOBs should be motivated to find the truth, not to put heads on pikes without giving a damn whether those heads are guilty or not.

Railroad him!

Carmels finest, Hornyadylnl, all the blacks and all the democrats will be happy!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Why would a prosecutor not seek justice for a murdered person, when their whole case is built around finding the defendant guilty?
    Our justice system is supposed to seek "justice" for both parties, and as an officer of the court I would think Angela Corey would want justice for both parties, Trayvon and Zimmerman. If Zimmerman is quilty, then he should be punished. That is justice. If Zimmerman is innocent, then he should not be punished. That is also justice. And the fact that Angela Corey doesn't seem to care about justice for Zimmerman is troubling, because this is a high profile case with racial overtones that has the potential to cause a backlash in the streets as well as the legal community and with our legislators.

But hey, what's a little prejudice in the "justice" system?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh, when you asked for a quote of her saying it, I thought you didn't believe it. Why else would you ask for proof? I went one better. I offered video of her actually saying it.

If my tone came off that way, I apologize. That's the first time I've heard of her saying she wanted justice for Trayvon. You and I are on the same page as to the role of the prosecuter.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    All the while bashing z.

Two faced is all I get.

If I were on his jury, I'd decide on the laws in place. If I feel there should be a law against what he did and ther isn't, I'd decide on the laws that are on the books. If the evidence shows him guilty of I law that I feel is unjust or unconstitutional, I will still vote to acquit. Is that not the role of a juror?

There is a huge difference between finding someone culpable in my mind and finding someone guilty of violating the law. How many here have convicted Martin on facts that only exist in Zimmerman's testimony? How many here just new Martin went for Zimmerman's gun because the spent shell case never ejected? Evidence has since come out proving that to be false. There's no evidence he went for the gun but that didn't stop anyone from from believing he did it.

If the events went down exactly as Zimmerman said, then he's innocent and should be acquitted. I have zero issue stating that. It still won't change my opinion of him though. And my opinion carries no weight against Zimmerman.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No, not at all. Once a prosecutor has accepted bringing a case to trial, then the investigation should have already been completed. The prosecutor has had all her evidence for a while, and there's not much if any info to add. If based on a completed ore-trial investigation, she believes Zimmerman is guilty, then no problem with her statement.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, not at all. Once a prosecutor has accepted bringing a case to trial, then the investigation should have already been completed. The prosecutor has had all her evidence for a while, and there's not much if any info to add. If based on a completed ore-trial investigation, she believes Zimmerman is guilty, then no problem with her statement.

But, of course, it apparently was not completed. Recall the testimony of the detective at the pretrial.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In theory a prosecutor should not file charges unless they believe that there is enough evidence for a conviction.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I can see both sides of it. I'm just not sure what the balance should be between representing the "victim" and the state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom