Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've seen it a plenty, but have never seen a source, therefore I always hadiscounted it as some blowhard's opinion. In the same vein, I've seen and heard plenty of people spout the, "Don't get outta the car, George Cinnamon", line more often, and I don't consider it fact.

I would guess a lot of people also believe that buried in the reams of legal jargon that make up the very brief justifiable use of force statute, in Florida, must be a clause allowing for a justifiable physical beatdown, for the offense of, "disrespekkin".

Somewhere 'way back in these posts, I posted a link that cited a Florida statute or a Sanford ordinance (don't remember which at the moment) that codified the conditions for the Neighborhood Watch. Among the provisions was that Neighborhood Watch personnel were not to be verbally harassed, threatened, or physically assaulted in the performance of their duties. IF M. started the altercation, he was in violation of the statute or ordinance (which would appear to be tailor-made for exactly this type of situation).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Somewhere 'way back in these posts, I posted a link that cited a Florida statute or a Sanford ordinance (don't remember which at the moment) that codified the conditions for the Neighborhood Watch. Among the provisions was that Neighborhood Watch personnel were not to be verbally harassed, threatened, or physically assaulted in the performance of their duties. IF M. started the altercation, he was in violation of the statute or ordinance (which would appear to be tailor-made for exactly this type of situation).

What's the penalty for violating said statute or ordinance.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What does the statute or ordinance say about identifying one's self as neighborhood watch?

You must respect the supreme overlord.

Serious question. You buy a house in a neighborhood and they want a neighborhood watch after the fact. Do I as a homeowner have a say in it? I'm not respecting a Blart wanna be when I didn't want it in the first place.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You must respect the supreme overlord.

Serious question. You buy a house in a neighborhood and they want a neighborhood watch after the fact. Do I as a homeowner have a say in it? I'm not respecting a Blart wanna be when I didn't want it in the first place.

You have a say in it as a vote in the HOA. Don't like it, move, or don't buy into a HOA.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Seriously though, does he have to announce himself as "Neighborhood Watch" or wear a t-shirt or something?

How do I know neighborhood watch from some creepy dude in a truck?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously though, does he have to announce himself as "Neighborhood Watch" or wear a t-shirt or something?

How do I know neighborhood watch from some creepy dude in a truck?

It would makes sense to be in some sort of identifiable clothing or to announce who you are; kinda in the way plain clothed LEOs are supposed to do.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You have a say in it as a vote in the HOA. Don't like it, move, or don't buy into a HOA.

AFAIK, neighborhood watch groups aren't limited to just HOA's. If I own a home that isn't in an HOA and the neighbors decide to institute one, am I bound by it? Do I have to cooperate with Blart or am I forced to move to get away from it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You guys seem to have a completely different understanding of the Neighborhood Watch than I do. From what I have seen in this area, it is basically everyone in the neighborhood. They have a couple of people that are nominally in charge and interact with police if that is necessary. There are no uniforms. No real training of any kind. The old people and those that cower in their basement will contact one of watch people if they hear a noise but don't want to call the police.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Can anyone find the list or link of Zimmerman's NWC duties? There was a long list posted here and I can't find it anywhere.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    AFAIK, neighborhood watch groups aren't limited to just HOA's. If I own a home that isn't in an HOA and the neighbors decide to institute one, am I bound by it? Do I have to cooperate with Blart or am I forced to move to get away from it?

These Florida HOA gated communities are a whole different animal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It may have been covered before but I am wondering:

IF the neighborhood promoted/assigned him/designated him in some way and directed its members to him if there were problems would he not then be acting in some sort of official capacity as an agent of that neighborhood association?

As an agent of the association would they not then be liable/on the hook/responsible for his legal defense?

Regards,

Doug

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So I posted something about everyone deserves a fair and unbiased trial, not saying a single thing about who I felt was at fault. I only was posted sensible things without saying how I felt on the trial on the "Arrest George Zimmerman" facebook page. Since I believe that everyone should get a fair trial and not go straight to the execute him phase, I am a "Zimmermite".

The facebook page, btw, which they promote as being one sided for Martin.
    Arrest George Zimmerman | Facebook

Adam. I'm tired of saying this. This page is one sided. No one here gives a rats ass about GZ. You need to leave. Go debate on a Zimmer board. Thanks.

Then the admin posted this.

He's gone. I banned him. He is slowly poisoning this board. Tryin to be a sneaker Zimmermite. Lco

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So I posted something about everyone deserves a fair and unbiased trial, not saying a single thing about who I felt was at fault. I only was posted sensible things without saying how I felt on the trial on the "Arrest George Zimmerman" facebook page. Since I believe that everyone should get a fair trial and not go straight to the execute him phase, I am a "Zimmermite".

Yeah, I just sifted through some of that garbage...I'd need a translator understand about half of it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    To All,

It may have been covered before but I am wondering:

IF the neighborhood promoted/assigned him/designated him in some way and directed its members to him if there were problems would he not then be acting in some sort of official capacity as an agent of that neighborhood association?

As an agent of the association would they not then be liable/on the hook/responsible for his legal defense?

Regards,

Doug

This is one of the biggest reasons I'm so opposed to neighborhood watch groups. If Blart screws up, the whole neighborhood could be homeless by the time the lawyers get done.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I bet we have a couple posters here that would fit right in on that board...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom