• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There's a big difference into helping when asked and inserting yourself where you're not welcome.

"not welcome"? He was actually the designated Watch Captain. Not "Captain" as alluded to in the thread title. Everyone in the community had HIS phone number to call in case they needed anything. How do you get "not welcome" from that? :dunno:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Just looked this up for all you interested. But basically it depends on how much you use on a regular basis and your bodies metabolism.
    When you smoke Marijuana THC gives off certain metabolites. Blood tests arent usually used since all the THC metabolites in your blood are usually absorbed withing the first 20 hours or so.
    Some THC metabolites have an elimination half-life of 20 hours. However, some are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days. However, there is anecdotal evidence that the length of time that marijuana remains in the body is affected by how often the person smokes, how much he smokes and how long he has been smoking. Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just looked this up for all you interested. But basically it depends on how much you use on a regular basis and your bodies metabolism.
    When you smoke Marijuana THC gives off certain metabolites. Blood tests arent usually used since all the THC metabolites in your blood are usually absorbed withing the first 20 hours or so.
    Some THC metabolites have an elimination half-life of 20 hours. However, some are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days. However, there is anecdotal evidence that the length of time that marijuana remains in the body is affected by how often the person smokes, how much he smokes and how long he has been smoking. Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.

Pretty much what the previous disputed article said..

It said that Martin had unmetabolized THC in his system, which indicates recent use.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks to me like it's not illegal per say to ingest an illegal substance. It's the actual possession or the amount of influence thereof that is illegal.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Looks to me like it's not illegal per say to ingest an illegal substance. It's the actual possession or the amount of influence thereof that is illegal.

Close, you can be stoned out of your mind from smoking pot, but that is not an arrestable offense unless you are out in public or driving because they cannot prove why you are hammered. I think I got that right but all this pot smoke is effecting my typing :laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That is exactly right. But I'm not sure exactly why this is an issue unless one believes that Martin was smoking marijauna when Zimmerman saw him. If that was the case, his autopsy would have indicated a level >300 ng/ml (the cut off used in many probation departments. Back in the day, if a person had a base of >300 ng/ml and then they returned a month later, and still had a level >300 ng/ml, then new use could be confirmed. It was lower, say 98 ng/ml, then one could be fairly confident that use had stopped.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That is exactly right. But I'm not exactly why this is an issue unless one believes that Martin was smoking marijauna when Zimmerman saw him. If that was the case, his autopsy would have indicated a level >300 ng/ml (the cut off used in many probation departments. Back in the day, if a person had a base of >300 ng/ml and then they returned a month later, and still had a level >300 ng/ml, then new use could be confirmed. It was lower, say 98 ng/ml, then one could be fairly confident that use had stopped.

OK, see now you are just getting to technical, I did not understand any of that. Could be the alcohol, could be the illegal drugs that I do not possess any longer:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is exactly right. But I'm not sure exactly why this is an issue unless one believes that Martin was smoking marijauna when Zimmerman saw him. If that was the case, his autopsy would have indicated a level >300 ng/ml (the cut off used in many probation departments. Back in the day, if a person had a base of >300 ng/ml and then they returned a month later, and still had a level >300 ng/ml, then new use could be confirmed. It was lower, say 98 ng/ml, then one could be fairly confident that use had stopped.

Is that Urine level's. That is completely different than current blood tox.
    Not stiring just asking. I do not want to rile up the troops....;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    :dunno:
    But unlike a many posts in this thread, that is actually factual.

But actually it is just being clever. If there is no evidence of your possession you can not be arrested for possession. But when you smoked the marijuana you were breaking the law. Similarly if you get stopped for doing 20 in a 55 and they give you a drug test. You might get in trouble for being intoxicated. I was involved in a case up here where the guy was stoned out of his gourd. He missed a turn, hit a tree and killed a passenger. If he was not under the influence of marijuana according to his drug tests, he would not currently be doing 20 years. It would have likely been written off as an accident. So to use a legalism, but for his smoking marijuana, he would not have been arrested for causing death while intoxicated (or whatever the charge was at that time).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Close, you can be stoned out of your mind from smoking pot, but that is not an arrestable offense unless you are out in public or driving because they cannot prove why you are hammered. I think I got that right but all this pot smoke is effecting my typing :laugh:
    Thanks for the correction. I guess it was just inferred in my post that I meant under the influence while in public. :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But actually it is just being clever. If there is no evidence of your possession you can not be arrested for possession. But when you smoked the marijuana you were breaking the law. Similarly if you get stopped for doing 20 in a 55 and they give you a drug test. You might get in trouble for being intoxicated. I was involved in a case up here where the guy was stoned out of his gourd. He missed a turn, hit a tree and killed a passenger. If he was not under the influence of marijuana according to his drug tests, he would not currently be doing 20 years. It would have likely been written off as an accident. So to use a legalism, but for his smoking marijuana, he would not have been arrested for causing death while intoxicated (or whatever the charge was at that time).

The problem with this, is that the legality of the substance is not aggravating factor. Alcohol is legal, as are properly prescribed drugs. However, if you you are proven to be intoxicated while driving, your goose is cooked. There no such thing as Operating While Intoxicated on an Illegal Substance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The problem with this, is that the legality of the substance is not aggravating factor. Alcohol is legal, as are properly prescribed drugs. However, if you you are proven to be intoxicated while driving, your goose is cooked. There no such thing as Operating While Intoxicated on an Illegal Substance.

Are you being clever again?

To date, 15 states have enacted "zero tolerance" per se DUI drug laws: Arizona (state-authorized medical cannabis patients are excluded under the statute), Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota (cannabis is excluded under the statute), North Carolina (cannabis is excluded under the statute), Rhode Island (state-authorized medical cannabis patients are excluded under the statute), South Dakota, Utah, Virginia (cannabis is excluded under the statute), and Wisconsin. Of these, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, South Dakota, and Utah legally sanction drivers from operating a motor vehicle with any detectable level of a controlled substance or its metabolites in one's bodily fluids. Three additional states -- Nevada, Ohio, and Pennsylvania -- have enacted per se DUI drug laws prohibiting motorists from operating a vehicle if they have detectable levels of illicit drugs or drug metabolites over the state's mandated threshold. Complete details regarding these and other state DUI drug laws is available from NORML.

I made sure to get it from a source you might accept.

Source: You Are Going Directly To Jail: What It Means, Who's Behind It, and Strategies to Prevent It

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Yep, just intoxicated or under the influence of anything that is impairing your ability to operate a motor vehicle

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Pretty much what the previous disputed article said..

It said that Martin had unmetabolized THC in his system, which indicates recent use.
    I missed previous article. I only put this because people said he was smoking on the way to the store or back home...which cant be proven....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you being clever again?

I made sure to get it from a source you might accept.

Source: You Are Going Directly To Jail: What It Means, Who's Behind It, and Strategies to Prevent It

I fully accept your article. And will freely admit that Nevada, Ohio, and Pennsylvania have Per Se laws that make Operating While Intoxicated on an Illegal drug contradicts, my previous claim. I'm have no qualms about saying THAT I WAS INCORRECT, but in fairness, I was applying Indiana Law, where thankfully, no such ridiculous law exists,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom