Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Z's side doesnt have to prove that M was under the influence. The fact that he had drugs in is system provides plenty of reasonable doubt, doesn't it?

I would say it does more to damage the angelic nature of Mr. Martin that the family attorney, the prosecution and the media continue to attempt to portray to the public.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    And where we're these reports months ago? IIRC, it was stated there was no alcohol in his system and zero evidence that he had drugs in his system. There was no evidence for either side to base their claim yet both sides did it.

No, they said the results were not available yet, but an eyewitness, Zimmerman, said he looked like "he was on something." In the real world personal knowledge and observation does count as evidence, in the bizarro world the mountains of exculpatory evidence for Zimmerman is ignored and any nit is picked and held up to be "damning."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, they said the results were not available yet, but an eyewitness, Zimmerman, said he looked like "he was on something." In the real world personal knowledge and observation does count as evidence, in the bizarro world the mountains of exculpatory evidence for Zimmerman is ignored and any nit is picked and held up to be "damning."

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern," the investigators wrote.

That's the investigators opinion and they have a lot more evidence than any of us.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    In the first link, I take it to mean that he smoked at least some amount in the 4 hours prior to the fight. Was it enough to be high?

The second link is more damning of Z than M.
    Now you're conceding the media reported this. :rockwoot:
    I'm rather struck that your first reaction was not to deal with the substance of the information, but rather to deny that reports actually existed.

Did TM make any bad decisions that evening that contributed to the final act?

Would that possibly be relevant to proving beyond any doubt that Z committed second degree murder?

If you were O'Mara, with your client facing a 2nd Degree Murder charge, would you argue that TM's prior consumption of marijuana might have contributed to the outcome?

Because in fact we don't know if it did contribute. So maybe Z was justified.

Agree or not, this is how this will play out.

About time for you to change the subject again, eh?

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I will say that marijuana in his system doesn't make him a thug, although the fact that he was selling according to his Twitter and the fact that his handle was no_limit_***** sure helps paint that picture, add to that the burglary tools, stolen women's jewelry, suspension for "swinging on" a bus driver and you kinda get a better picture. Did that mean he deserved to be shot? Not on its own, do we know what happened that night? No. I already gave my idea of what happened about 50 pages ago. If I walks like a thug, talks like a thug and acts like a thug it might just well be a thug. When thugs try to prove how "no_limit" they are bad things happen to them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where did I say he was a thug?

Why must you always add to something someone else says? :dunno:

He has been painted by the media, and his parents, as a little innocent child that was never in trouble. Facts suggest otherwise.

Did you understand my post this time, or do I need to dumb it down more for you?

With the fascination of his pictures, I'm sure the news of the weed is only bolstering some people's opinions. Yes, I understand that it has been reported. When I read the first link a few pages back, it said he was suspended from school for possession, not that there was any in his system during the fight. Was wondering how someone could make the claim when the article didn't say it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Now you're conceding the media reported this. :rockwoot:
    I'm rather struck that your first reaction was not to deal with the substance of the information, but rather to deny that reports actually existed.

Did TM make any bad decisions that evening that contributed to the final act?

Would that possibly be relevant to proving beyond any doubt that Z committed second degree murder?

If you were O'Mara, with your client facing a 2nd Degree Murder charge, would you argue that TM's prior consumption of marijuana might have contributed to the outcome?

Because in fact we don't know if it did contribute. So maybe Z was justified.

Agree or not, this is how this will play out.

About time for you to change the subject again, eh?

I didn't deny the report existed. The claim was made with a linked article. The article did not back up the claim.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Another guy that feels protecting private property needs to be left up to the police apparently.

From his basement, I'm sure.

Your willingness to contribute to my legal defense fund is directly proportionate to my willingness to defend your stuff. How much have you contributed to Zimmerman?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    With the fascination of his pictures, I'm sure the news of the weed is only bolstering some people's opinions. Yes, I understand that it has been reported. When I read the first link a few pages back, it said he was suspended from school for possession, not that there was any in his system during the fight. Was wondering how someone could make the claim when the article didn't say it.

I didn't deny the report existed. The claim was made with a linked article. The article did not back up the claim.

I am sorry, it isnt my fault ABC changed the article and kept the same link. However, the point is moot because the same information was/is available on other websites.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    When I read the first link a few pages back, it said he was suspended from school for possession, not that there was any in his system during the fight. Was wondering how someone could make the claim when the article didn't say it.
    Did you read the entire article, all the pages, or just the first page? It was on the last page.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'll just leave this here:

Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in System, Autopsy Found
    Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version - ABC News

Where does this article state he had Marijauna in his system?

As God is my witness, I copied and pasted the link, and the title, as it was...

It has changed since I posted it. Odd.

Try searching.

Autopsy: Trayvon Martin had drugs in his system - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Or here, even NPR is reporting it:
    New Evidence Released: Trayvon Martin Had Traces Of Pot In System : The Two-Way : NPR

I read it too. MSM is emulating Stalin, airbrushing out inconvenient truths. (Oops)

Yes it did. Page 2.

Apparantly ABC is changing that link by the minute. The first guy to post the link said it stated it when he posted it. I don't believe he's lying. When I read it, there was about 2 sentences on the second page. I believe others saw the article in the same format as I did. Now it's in there again. :dunno:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Sorry. I did not link to any article.

There are plenty of articles on the subject. If you check only one lead, don't blame us for your lack of diligence in following up on the story.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ABC must have a conspiracy to drive us mad. Just to be clear, I wasn't taking issue with Roadie on my initial reply to him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom