• Status
    Not open for further replies.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I am anxiously awaiting Corey's new damning evidence. She must have manufactured that out of unicorn tears and unobtanium.

Even her star lead investigator threw her under the bus today with the entire "Zimmerman profiled" as "manufactured" evidence that he wouldn't lay claim to.

And yes, I've read the local rumors she has two new witnesses that no one knows about. That's unpossible. Someone knows about them, including the defense.

If there were un-disclosed evidence, wouldn't Galbreath have been compelled to mention that, when O'Mara asked him, directly, if he had any evidence of who started the fight?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If memory serves, I don't think that was the question that was asked. I thought it was more along the lines of "do you know who started the fight?"

Best,

Joe
    If memory serves I believe he followed that question up with a more direct question about the evidence.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Why are you people so concerned with this case? Shootings and resulting murders go on every friggen day much closer in Gary and Chicago's So. side. If you're sooo concerned about justice investigate some of that crap instead of whining like old ladies about crime and punishment 1500 miles away.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Why are you people so concerned with this case? Shootings and resulting murders go on every friggen day much closer in Gary and Chicago's So. side. If you're sooo concerned about justice investigate some of that crap instead of whining like old ladies about crime and punishment 1500 miles away.

This case isn't just about GZ & TM. SYG laws, if not the basic right of self-defense, is being put on trial, in a very public light.

As a firearms owner, and self-defense advocate, I believe it is the duty of anyone who relies on a firearm for self-defense in any capacity, to develop as a hobby, the study of the laws that govern firearms, and their defensive use.

If you are not concerned with this case, go elsewhere.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This case isn't just about GZ & TM. SYG laws, if not the basic right of self-defense, is being put on trial, in a very public light.

As a firearms owner, and self-defense advocate, I believe it is the duty of anyone who relies on a firearm for self-defense in any capacity, to develop as a hobby, the study of the laws that govern firearms, and their defensive use.

If you are not concerned with this case, go elsewhere.

You forgot its an opportunity to make sharpton and Jackson look bad.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

To All,

While this is the latest question I have seen it posted before.

Whether we like it or not; whether we want it or not - this is THE defining case that has captured the nations attention regarding firearms and the right to self defense.

Dozens of times each and every day national media is spewing ideas, thoughts, philosophies, and diatribes from California to New York Island, from the Fruited Plains to Purple Mountains Majesty.

Tens of millions of Americans are hearing propaganda from both sides of the aisle that, again whether we like it or not, is influencing us, our neighbors, and our nation in ways that some of us agree with and others disagree with.

In every state organizations are rallying around the symbolism of this case trying to make their point heard, and for some of them that point is greater restrictions on our civil liberties.

Do I care if 100 people are slaughtered right here in Indiana? As a human being, absolutely YES! As a person who is interested in what is focusing our attention on the erosion of civil liberties? Not a whit. If a major news network doesn't pick up a story, for whatever reason, that event has almost no chance of impacting how we as a nation think about a certain topic.

To speak simply, IF George Zimmerman goes "Free" in the "right" way then this nation will have been gently nudged toward respecting the rights of all Americans to keep and bear arms. However, IF George Zimmerman goes "Free" in the "wrong" way then it will inject steroids into a Martyr for gun control advocates to exploit in furtherance of their agenda.

It is critical how Mr. Zimmerman is perceived as a law abiding, gun owning citizen. In the beginning national perception was very much against him. It is beginning to turn around and move in the opposite direction. If that momentum continues then the threat to our rights will diminish. If not... We shall see.

For many people who own firearms it is an unfathomable truth that there are millions of Americans who do not care about guns, one way or the other! They really don't. They don't like guns, they don't dislike guns. It is a minor issue for them. Yet they VOTE! How they perceive gun rights is critical to our national consciousness.

Let us not forget that there are those on both sides of this issue who have already made up their minds and will not be convinced one way or the other. They are done. This is the way it is on most issues whether it is gun control, abortion rights, gay marriage, preteen sex, etc. Yet on all of these issues there are many people who are still on the fence and haven't made their minds up. It hasn't been a priority for them. So these are the people who will begin to form an opinion and may get of the fence on one side or the other.

Let us hope and pray that they get off the fence on the side of freedom and liberty, which has consequences and responsibility, and not off on the side of the illusion of safety through governmental control.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Doug, You have my utmost respect for your concise and informed, polite opinion. JJ and crew are in town for a Cal City shooting (police on citizen) a couple months ago. I won't continue to post in this forum. The whole thing both here, there, and everywhere boils down to a black/white/police - on black issue. They will never be satisfied, and no one will challenge them.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Doug, You have my utmost respect for your concise and informed, polite opinion. JJ and crew are in town for a Cal City shooting (police on citizen) a couple months ago. I won't continue to post in this forum. The whole thing both here, there, and everywhere boils down to a black/white/police - on black issue. They will never be satisfied, and no one will challenge them.

That is your issue. That is Jesse Jackson's issue. That is Al Sharpton's issue. That is Mikhail Muhammad's issue. That may be the MSM's issue.

That is not my issue. I will not be an American that is identified by race.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    A lot of that was probably donations. If I knew the whole story and could honestly say it was self defense I would donate. But from what Ive heard of the story I have no clue what the real story is and wont judge until I do

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So what is that to a bondsman, 10% ( $15000) ?

Hotdoger (Et Alia),

In Indiana you are required to pay 10% of the bond amount, which in this case would be $15,000.

Florida law is similar in that it demands the Bail Agent collect the full 10%. However, each state does have its own bail laws and some states allow for the bail agent to give a discount for competition.

There is normally not collateral on small bonds, say less than $10,000, but that does not mean that there are not exceptions. I once posted a bond for $1,500 where we demanded the full amount be put up as collateral due to the nature of the bond, but in most $1,500 bonds that is not required.

On most large bonds there is collateral, but exceptions can be made. If, for example, Bill Gates or George Soros posted his bond there would be no need for collateral. Obviously either of those two gentlemen could easily come up with $150k any time they wanted. The basic idea is that if the person bonded out skips out and disappears forever can the bail agent (and their company) collect the full bond amount from the person posting the bond (if required), as they (the bail agent) will be forced to pay the court if the defendant does not appear. In Mr. Zimmermans case the need for collateral will depend upon who is signing

In most cases the defendant is NOT allowed by the bail contract to leave the State where the bond is posted, but in Mr. Zimmermans case due to the nature of his safety the bail agent along with the bonding insurance company may well have changed the terms of the contract so that he could go into "hiding" in another state.

The Bail Bond (AKA a Surety Bond) is nothing more than an insurance policy guaranteeing the defendant will show up for court and do everything he is supposed to do until a verdict is in. Should the defendant fail to appear for any reason the bonding agent may be forced to pay the court, in which case by the bail contract the indemnitors (those who signed for the defendant) have agreed to reimburse the bail agent for any expenses related to the bond.

As an example let's suppose that Mr. Zimmerman decides to flee and cannot be found. The bail agent will then be compelled to hire bail recovery agents (aka bounty hunters) to retrieve Mr. Zimmerman. Those recovery agents are also paid 10% of the bond value plus expenses. So the indemnitor would be required to reimburse these costs.

This is the reason you always prefer having a family member or loved one sign for the bond. This give the defendant a greater motivation to stick around, because they know that if they run out their loved one is on the hook and will be hurt. If some bowling buddy signs the defendant may not like sticking it to him but "oh, well." On the other hand if dear old Mom is on the hook that can change things.

Should the defendant not show up at any time there are statutory limits on when the bail agent must produce the defendant or pay a certain amount. These times and amounts vary from state to state.

There are times when the defendant does not make a court appearance. Often times this is just a mistake or confusion on the part of the defendant and another court date is set. Sometimes the court will postpone a court date due to issues in the court and another date will be set.

For the record I am a Bail Agent licensed in Indiana. Should anyone have the idiot relative and/or friend that appeals to your sympathy and you need to get him or her out of jail feel free to give me a holler and I'll be happy to help you in whatever way I can.

Regards,

Doug

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I was reading a news article where people are calling for the murder of the judge that let Zimmerman out on bail.

Wonder if anyone will do anything about it? Probably not.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I was reading a news article where people are calling for the murder of the judge that let Zimmerman out on bail.

Wonder if anyone will do anything about it? Probably not.
    of course not the whole town is under duress, so law or no law THEY can threaten anyone they want and get away with it:xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom