• Status
    Not open for further replies.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Yeah, there's one story floating out there that Trayvon saw the gun during the struggle, went for it, and Zimmerman was trying to stop him from getting it. All we know for sure is that Trayvon had evidence of a close contact shoot.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Question for the Legal Beagles: is "justifiable homicide" considered a crime? It may be a matter of semantics, but I am interested in the legal answer. Wikipedia says it is non-criminal, just like capital punishment or normal killing during a war, but I wouldn't depend on what Wikipedia says.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Putting Zimmerman on the stand, which virtually never happens in a bond hearing, was a brilliant move by O'Mara. Zimmerman was composed, seemed intelligent, level-headed and sympathetic to the plight of the Martin family. The "monster" persona that the liberal media has tried desperately to build for over a month was destroyed in 5 minutes. The State of Florida had little chance of winning this case, if it even goes to trial. They now have none. It could not have gone any better for Zimmerman.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Question for the Legal Beagles: is "justifiable homicide" considered a crime? It may be a matter of semantics, but I am interested in the legal answer. Wikipedia says it is non-criminal, just like capital punishment or normal killing during a war, but I wouldn't depend on what Wikipedia says.

No, it is not a crime. It describes an act which would normally be criminal, but is not because of a defense or immunity.

Best,

Joe

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    No, it is not a crime.
    Okay.

[Rhetorical question] Then why did the prosecutor keep saying:

And tell me, after you committed this crime and you spoke to the police, did you ever make that statement to the police, sir?

But before you committed this crime on February 26th, you were arrested -- I'm sorry, not arrested. You were questioned that day, right, February 26th?

We don't yet know if it is a crime. I wonder why O'Mara or Zimmerman himself didn't object to this language.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Okay.

[Rhetorical question] Then why did the prosecutor keep saying:

And tell me, after you committed this crime and you spoke to the police, did you ever make that statement to the police, sir?

But before you committed this crime on February 26th, you were arrested -- I'm sorry, not arrested. You were questioned that day, right, February 26th?

We don't yet know if it is a crime. I wonder why O'Mara or Zimmerman himself didn't object to this language.

Because it was a bond hearing in front of a judge so it really didn't matter; but yes it would be objectionable.

Best,

Joe

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Putting Zimmerman on the stand, which virtually never happens in a bond hearing, was a brilliant move by O'Mara. Zimmerman was composed, seemed intelligent, level-headed and sympathetic to the plight of the Martin family. The "monster" persona that the liberal media has tried desperately to build for over a month was destroyed in 5 minutes. The State of Florida had little chance of winning this case, if it even goes to trial. They now have none. It could not have gone any better for Zimmerman.

Thats what I thought too, didn't sound cocky or crazy to me.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah, there was no jury there. Only CNN, fifteen other news organizations, and 300 million other Americans dissecting this.

Yeah, but from the transcript I read, it made the prosecutor look like a jackass more than anything. It is just as important for a trial attorney to know when NOT to object, as it is for him to know his evidence and objections.

Judges don't appreciate such crap and I guarantee you Z's position was improved every time it was said.

Best,

Joe

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I am anxiously awaiting Corey's new damning evidence. She must have manufactured that out of unicorn tears and unobtanium.

Even her star lead investigator threw her under the bus today with the entire "Zimmerman profiled" as "manufactured" evidence that he wouldn't lay claim to.

And yes, I've read the local rumors she has two new witnesses that no one knows about. That's unpossible. Someone knows about them, including the defense.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Martinś lawyers have already stated the family is devastated that he was released and look forward to him being convicted so he will be back in jail. They just admitted they did not want a fair trial like they claimed, they just want him locked up regardless of the facts

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Martinś lawyers have already stated the family is devastated that he was released and look forward to him being convicted so he will be back in jail. They just admitted they did not want a fair trial like they claimed, they just want him locked up regardless of the facts

Yes, the family seems to have escalated their expectations. The more they talk like this, the less sympathy they will have.

Zimmerman has painted them in a corner, I think.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    How does that help Zimmerman?

Because the judge is the one who decides whether he gets bond at the end of that hearing?:dunno:

The judge is also the one who hears and decides the preponderance hearing.

The judge can also remove the case from the jury and enter an acquittal at the close of state's evidence at trial.

Unlike most other cases, Florida's self-defense statute gives the judge significant control over the state's ability to prosecute the case.

Best,

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom