• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Hey now...let the race-baiting, black panther-types and their ilk own this kind of talk.

And let's leave the construing what somebody says in the worst possible way and basing emotional arguments on misinterpretation to the liberals.

hornadylnl said:
    Martin looked suspicious. Look where that got him. With what's been said in this thread, you don't think there are those here who wouldn't associate a "suspicious" black man with any and all rioters?

Frankly if there were a bunch of blacks rioting it would be stupid not to be suspicious of, well, suspicious-looking strange black men. Now I know you're paralleling this all to Martin, so I'll explain it slowly for you. Martin wasn't shot simply because he was a black guy. He wasn't shot just because Zimmerman thought he was suspicious. He also wasn't shot because he was suspicious AND black. He was shot in the middle of an aggressive physical altercation. In the same way that Zimmerman (by every conceivable metric) didn't just shoot somebody because they were black and/or suspicous, I of course don't advocate shooting random people for the same reasons.

It would be beyond stupid just to go shooting everyone that looked suspicious. It's also beyond stupid that you're suggesting that I advocate that. Seriously. You sound like the Brady campaign and their "wild west" analogies. Nothing I've ever posted advocates violence without sufficient, legal cause. Stop suggesting that I'm a racist or am advocating wanton violence against black people who -according to what you suggest- are all automatically suspicious.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    And tell you what. To make it more obvious that it was a flippant statement I'll even make it purple. That way all you overly-sensitive, pc, butthurt types stop getting so dreadfully offended. :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And let's leave the construing what somebody says in the worst possible way and basing emotional arguments on misinterpretation to the liberals.

Frankly if there were a bunch of blacks rioting it would be stupid not to be suspicious of, well, suspicious-looking strange black men. Now I know you're paralleling this all to Martin, so I'll explain it slowly for you. Martin wasn't shot simply because he was a black guy. He wasn't shot just because Zimmerman thought he was suspicious. He also wasn't shot because he was suspicious AND black. He was shot in the middle of an aggressive physical altercation. In the same way that Zimmerman (by every conceivable metric) didn't just shoot somebody because they were black and/or suspicous, I of course don't advocate shooting random people for the same reasons.

It would be beyond stupid just to go shooting everyone that looked suspicious. It's also beyond stupid that you're suggesting that I advocate that. Seriously. You sound like the Brady campaign and their "wild west" analogies. Nothing I've ever posted advocates violence without sufficient, legal cause. Stop suggesting that I'm a racist or am advocating wanton violence against black people who -according to what you suggest- are all automatically suspicious.

I sound like the Brady Campaign? I'm not the one giving them fodder to use against the right to keep and bear arms. Keep posting some more flippant comments for them to use against us.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I sound like the Brady Campaign? I'm not the one giving them fodder to use against the right to keep and bear arms. Keep posting some more flippant comments for them to use against us.

Right. I'm sure they're trolling this forum just looking for statements they could misconstrue to imply racism and unbridled violence.

You know, with your knack for that I'm sure they'd offer you a job!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Right. I'm sure they're trolling this forum just looking for statements they could misconstrue to imply racism and unbridled violence.

You know, with your knack for that I'm sure they'd offer you a job!

C'mon, tell us how you really feel about this whole situation.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Some of that stuff is old, some not quite factual, but I found this interesting. This is a more complete account of Zimmerman's prior arrest.

In 2005 Zimmerman was in a bar having a drink with a friend. Unbeknownst to them an undercover sting operation was going on inside the bar with police officers posing as patrons to catch bar operators selling alcohol to minors.

An altercation between one of the undercover (regular clothes) officers and a friend of Zimmerman took place. Zimmerman thought his buddy was about to be in a bar fight so he interjected and shoved the guy away from his friend. The guy was part of the sting. Out of spite for the shove, and potentially frustration for no minor alcohol sales, they arrested Zimmerman and his pal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some of that stuff is old, some not quite factual, but I found this interesting. This is a more complete account of Zimmerman's prior arrest.

I see. Zimmerman steps in to protect a friend from an unknown hostile and gets arrested when it is revealed ex post facto that the aggressor is one of the 'special ones'. One more reason to be proud of our recently signed law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree he should do this and i'm sure the Martin family wishes he would to for their wrongful death civil suit.

IANAL but wouldn't that depend on the status of his SYG claim when the dust settles on the criminal case? If that's upheld I think Zimmerman would be imune to civil action.

But then with the the narrative the media have reported I doubt any jury at this point can be any more objective than OJ's was. After all Zimmerman is guilty because we need justice for Trayvon.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Martin looked suspicious. Look where that got him. With what's been said in this thread, you don't think there are those here who wouldn't associate a "suspicious" black man with any and all rioters?

On top of a man beating his head on concrete? I would say that the suspicion was confirmed.

In Cosby's world guns are unnecessary because they have armed response and bodyguards, although it is interesting that Cosby says he used to carry a gun. Now that he's enlightened, there's no need for anyone to. Nothing to see here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom