• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Dershowitz: The charging instrument filed against George Zimmerman is “unethical” and will never make it past a judge

Dershowitz: The charging instrument filed against George Zimmerman is “unethical” and will never make it past a judge « Hot Air

Video - Charge is irresponsible and unethical

"Nothing in affidavit suggests a crime, and a good judge will throw it out."

Dershowitz is very liberal, but he usually also has an honest opinion. The prosecution is way out on a limb. I agree with him it's a political ploy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "and we have no idea who it was. However one of them illustrated their stupidity first, and illegal acts and stupidity often go hand in hand. "

Could you clarify your inferances in that statement of yours for me?

Seems to me your are refering to Zimmerman.

Care to post the entire quote as so it's not taken out of context?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Dershowitz is very liberal, but he usually also has an honest opinion. The prosecution is way out on a limb. I agree with him it's a political ploy.

I'm not a fan of Dershowitz, but he's always come across as having intellectual integrity. Glad I'm not alone in that opinion.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    For me to engage a person, I would have to be able to articulate what is suspicious. Peering in someone window certainly suspicious. Cutting through yards at 2am, again suspicious. Checking doors in a supermarket lot, suspicious. These can all be easily articulated because there are specifics. Zimmerman's only specific quote was that martin looked "messed up" implying he was on drugs. Drugs? Why couldn't he just as easily be "messed" up on "alcohol?" Why the leap directly to "drugs?" Does Zimmerman have some sort of degree in pharmacology that were not aware of? What specifics did Zimmerman state that would confirm his belief, other than that Martin had his "hand in his waistband." Or, was he simply talking out of the side of his mouth?

And what's this nonsense about CPD and DWB? You are sorely mistaken, every traffic stop is done so for a legit reason, and I would challenge you to produce a person that can say otherwise. That song and dance is getting old. Everybody want to play the victim.

I know it's not Carmel, and I know it's not DWB, but it does happen in Hamilton County.

Westfield police officer charged in alleged shake-down scheme - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Is it possible that Zimmerman said something that Martin felt was a threat and chose to take action?

Yep. It's also possible that space aliens took over Martin's brain and caused him to attack Zimmerman, and then used mind control to force Zimmerman to shoot Martin. But what's possible, plausible and probable are nothing more than Internet, Congressional, MSM and NBPP fodder. What is important is the evidence presented at trial, the veracity and weight that evidence is given by the jury, and the verdict that jury renders based upon the evidence.

Ok, Westfield. But that is hardly typical of how they do business. At least in my experience working with them.

I know. It is rogue ex cop stuff. I was just pointing out that it does happen closer than what you maybe wanted to admit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Relevence?

It appears to indicate that the importance of the crime depends not on its nature or its severity but on the ethnicity of the person who stands accused. By extension, it points to an organized effort to make a political football out of any incident in which a black individual is actually or allegedly victimized by one or more non-black individuals. Why are the Trayvon Martin case, the Duke rape case, and the Rodney King case treated one way, particularly by the media and the federal government while not a word is heard about such incidents as the three black kids dousing a white kid with gasoline and igniting him, or blacks being killed by other blacks.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Asked:

Relevence?

..and answered:

It appears to indicate that the importance of the crime depends not on its nature or its severity but on the ethnicity of the person who stands accused. By extension, it points to an organized effort to make a political football out of any incident in which a black individual is actually or allegedly victimized by one or more non-black individuals. Why are the Trayvon Martin case, the Duke rape case, and the Rodney King case treated one way, particularly by the media and the federal government while not a word is heard about such incidents as the three black kids dousing a white kid with gasoline and igniting him, or blacks being killed by other blacks.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

We aren't there. We won't be until the headlines are:

"Teenager Shot By Man"
    ..rather than:
    "Black Teen Shot By White Man"
    or:
    "Black Man Kills Elderly White Couple"
    etc

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

We aren't there. We won't be until the headlines are:

"Teenager Shot By Man"
    ..rather than:
    "Black Teen Shot By White Man"
    or:
    "Black Man Kills Elderly White Couple"
    etc

They have tried avoiding race in news stories for several years. I read stories with the first headline all the time. Often the body of the story never mentions it either. So far that hasn't been a roaring success in changing our society.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They have tried avoiding race in news stories for several years. I read stories with the first headline all the time. Often the body of the story never mentions it either. So far that hasn't been a roaring success in changing our society.

I wasn't implying that media would change society, rather that societal change would influence media..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom