• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think any reasonable person could believe you have infered Zimmerman is guilty of a crime reguardless of the possibility of him be convicted.

Well from the other thing that they haven't been able to "infer," I find that to be quite a stretch.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Whoever wrote that article has no understanding of how that section of Florida law actually works and seems to have a serious axe to grind. The arrest is meaningless, rather it is a judicial determination of PC that matters. Whether that happens in a criminal or civil case is irrelevant.

That's what I thought. Thank you for clearing that up!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well from the other thing that they haven't been able to "infer," I find that to be quite a stretch.

"and we have no idea who it was. However one of them illustrated their stupidity first, and illegal acts and stupidity often go hand in hand. "

Could you clarify your inferances in that statement of yours for me?

Seems to me your are refering to Zimmerman.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Uh, where is this 2:30 am coming from? As I recall this happened about 7:00 pm during daylight.
    Sunset on March 7th, the day of the incident happened at 6:30 that evening.
    The incident happened on Feb. 26 and sunset was 6:22 PM. This happened about 7:15, so it was probably not very light as it was almost an hour after sunset.

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    What is the difference between murder 1 murder 2 and manslaughter? I haven't been to law school or ever been a leo.
    I have thought that murder 1 was premeditated. Something you plan out and think about.
    Manslaughter is a spur of the moment thing. You don't go out planning to kill someone but someone pisses you off and you kill them.
    Is that correct? So what is murder 2? Somewhere in between?

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    What is the difference between murder 1 murder 2 and manslaughter? I haven't been to law school or ever been a leo.
    I have thought that murder 1 was premeditated. Something you plan out and think about.
    Manslaughter is a spur of the moment thing. You don't go out planning to kill someone but someone pisses you off and you kill them.

Murder 2 is what you're calling manslaughter. Manslaughter is (I think) when you kill somebody but didn't intent to do so.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Just a question: Did the kid live in this gated community?

If he did, okay. If not, how did he get in?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

I have posted definitions of Florida law in this thread. Just search my username.

Basically

Murder 1) You planned it out and killed someone

Murder 2) You did something you knew was dangerous and would probably get people killed and you did it anyway because you have "depraved indifference" to the lives of others.

Murder 3 aka Manslaughter) You were acting in a reckless manner and that resulted in the death of someone. There are several types of manslaughter and aggrevating factors. Vehicular (drunk driving), Vessel (drunk boating), neglect of a dependant child, etc.

There is also excusable homicide. You were in a car wreck on someone died. You were following all laws and were stone sober.

Then of course, you also have Self Defense Homicide.

Homicide is defined differently in each state and each country. So, it all depends on where the killing happened as to what charge my be applicable.

http://law.justia.com/codes/florida/2005/TitleXLVI/ch0782.html

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Florida also has a definition for the Unnecessary Killing to Prevent an Unlawful Act 782.11

Which basically says you can't kill someone for say...trying to rob your neighbor's house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom