• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    So all black people in that neighborhood an inherently suspicious? Even walking down the sidewalk in the daylight?

Once again, this is ridiculous.

BTW, relying on this Taffe guy for your reports is a bit of a risky business. He doesn't exactly come off as the kind of guy you want to stake your word on.

JOe

A stranger in my neighborhood doing something I deem suspicious is reason enough for me to ask the police to come check it out. If you saw a stranger doing something suspicious in your neighborhood would you do something? Its not up to me or you to judge what Zimmerman's idea of suspicious activity was. That will come out im sure. But it is the duty of law enforcement to answer the call is it not?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nothing about Trayvon met the description except that he was young and black.

Facts are a pain.

Joe

and unknown to the people part of the neighborhood watch.

Do we know if residents of this gated community have a duty to inform their association and neighborhood watch of new people living there?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    being that the majority of the neighborhood is non-white, your statement would mean more than half of the people living there would be suspects.

Don't think your argument works in this case.

Its not my argument, it is glock19's.

I was simply highlighting the absurdity of his claim that because young black males had been alleged to have committed burglaries, all young black males in the neighborhood were inherently suspicious.

I agree, the argument doesn't work.

Joe

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A stranger in my neighborhood doing something I deem suspicious is reason enough for me to ask the police to come check it out. If you saw a stranger doing something suspicious in your neighborhood would you do something? Its not up to me or you to judge what Zimmerman's idea of suspicious activity was. That will come out im sure. But it is the duty of law enforcement to answer the call is it not?

Don't bother. He's already made up his mind that Z was a racist, black hunting KKK member intent on killing him a black man at all costs and he started everything. He's never even going to admit you have a point, let alone acknowledge that it is a valid point.

When you're filled with that much hatred, you can't see anything else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know you're a carmel cop, but don't be a douche. Zimmerman was following a suspicious looking person that happened to be black. HAd that person been white, I have a feeling he would have followed them as well. You're saying he shouldn't, and you wouldn't which means you don't feel a black person should be stopped for looking suspicious, but yet Carmel pulls people over al lthe time for DWB. Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?

For me to engage a person, I would have to be able to articulate what is suspicious. Peering in someone window certainly suspicious. Cutting through yards at 2am, again suspicious. Checking doors in a supermarket lot, suspicious. These can all be easily articulated because there are specifics. Zimmerman's only specific quote was that martin looked "messed up" implying he was on drugs. Drugs? Why couldn't he just as easily be "messed" up on "alcohol?" Why the leap directly to "drugs?" Does Zimmerman have some sort of degree in pharmacology that were not aware of? What specifics did Zimmerman state that would confirm his belief, other than that Martin had his "hand in his waistband." Or, was he simply talking out of the side of his mouth?

And what's this nonsense about CPD and DWB? You are sorely mistaken, every traffic stop is done so for a legit reason, and I would challenge you to produce a person that can say otherwise. That song and dance is getting old. Everybody want to play the victim.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009

It depends on if your idea of "suspicious" is complete crap or not. In this case, walking down the sidewalk, in the daylight, not under the influence of drugs, with your hand in your waist while young and black apparently satisfies your definition.

I personally think that is complete crap.

Joe

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I was simply highlighting the absurdity of his claim that because young black males had been alleged to have committed burglaries, all young black males in the neighborhood were inherently suspicious.

Joe

nO, That was not what he said. He said.... you know what, it doesn't matter. You're going to refuse to acknowledge anything other than hes a racist killer anyway. I'm done.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    all this arguing back and forth has no real bearing on this case.

It doesn't matter what color who was, what time it was, whether or not there had been robberies, or any of that.

Two people confronted each other, the one who lived claimed self-defense. If there were no eye witnesses to dispute that claim, then it's basically his word against no ones.

Had Martin lived, he would have made the same claim.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    So all black people in that neighborhood an inherently suspicious? Even walking down the sidewalk in the daylight?

Once again, this is ridiculous.

BTW, relying on this Taffe guy for your reports is a bit of a risky business. He doesn't exactly come off as the kind of guy you want to stake your word on.

JOe
    Who was behind burglaries in Zimmerman's neighborhood? - Rev. Al Sharpton - Zimbio
    Another link where the police are saying "In three of those incidents, black males were implicated by witnesses or arrests. A fourth incident was less clear. But other neighbors say the same... How am I staking my word on any news report? Im not saying anything from any media source is a fact, I know better. Im saying its a REPORT.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, you're saying if you watch someone walking in between houses, looking into windows you're not going to do anything? Nice.... maybe you should just turn your badge in now because you're not really helping the public much.

Where are you getting the "looking in windows" from? The 911 transcript doesn't say he was looking in windows. It says he was looking at all the houses. If he were in a guys landscaping with his face up to a window, why didn't Zimmerman state that in the call?

If I were in a boat on a lake, am I not allowed to look at the water? He's walking through a neighborhood, is he not allowed to look up at the houses as he walks by?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    For me to engage a person, I would have to be able to articulate what is suspicious. Peering in someone window certainly suspicious. Cutting through yards at 2am, again suspicious. Checking doors in a supermarket lot, suspicious. These can all be easily articulated because there are specifics. Zimmerman's only specific quote was that martin looked "messed up" implying he was on drugs. Drugs? Why couldn't he just as easily be "messed" up on "alcohol?" Why the leap directly to "drugs?" Does Zimmerman have some sort of degree in pharmacology that were not aware of? What specifics did Zimmerman state that would confirm his belief, other than that Martin had his "hand in his waistband." Or, was he simply talking out of the side of his mouth?

And what's this nonsense about CPD and DWB? You are sorely mistaken, every traffic stop is done so for a legit reason, and I would challenge you to produce a person that can say otherwise. That song and dance is getting old. Everybody want to play the victim.

Of course it's a valid reason. :rolleyes:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    It depends on if your idea of "suspicious" is complete crap or not. In this case, walking down the sidewalk, in the daylight, not under the influence of drugs, with your hand in your waist while young and black apparently satisfies your definition.

I personally think that is complete crap.

Joe
    So you were a witness and thats all he was doing? I hope your going to be called to the stand to report this.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Don't bother. He's already made up his mind that Z was a racist, black hunting KKK member intent on killing him a black man at all costs and he started everything. He's never even going to admit you have a point, let alone acknowledge that it is a valid point.

When you're filled with that much hatred, you can't see anything else.

Yeah, thats why I've consistently said throughout this thread that I don't claim to know whether Z is guilty or not and that I don't know what happened.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someday can I borrow your mind and soul reading machine? It could really be handy.

Joe

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Where are you getting the "looking in windows" from? The 911 transcript doesn't say he was looking in windows. It says he was looking at all the houses. If he were in a guys landscaping with his face up to a window, why didn't Zimmerman state that in the call?

If I were in a boat on a lake, am I not allowed to look at the water? He's walking through a neighborhood, is he not allowed to look up at the houses as he walks by?

I'm offereing it as a valid POSSIBLITY. Something a lot of you refuse to admit could be. We don't know what that suspicious activity was. But we do know that Z saw enough suspicious activity when not "on duty" to stop his errand and report it.

Now, if I'm on the way someplace and I see something suspicious enough to stop and call it in, there is something going on.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

Joe

All young black males who are strangers in the community and acting suspicious.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, thats why I've consistently said throughout this thread that I don't claim to know whether Z is guilty or not and that I don't know what happened.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someday can I borrow your mind and soul reading machine? It could really be handy.

Joe

Yeah, that's why you've slammed him every second you get achance. you've made up your mind and you refuse to admit there could be anything else. That's fine. I'm learning. Time to pack up and leave this convo beause I'd have a better chance of banging my head through this concrete wall in front of me than actually getting you to admit there could be another side other than your distorted, half-truth filled idea of the boy-killer.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    All young black males who are strangers in the community and acting suspicious.

Here is the problem, when Z describes this "suspicious" person to the dispatcher, his description of the person and their behavior isn't actually suspicious.

Go listed to his 911 call, he does not describe a suspicious person, except for his demonstrably erroneous assumption that T was on drugs.

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom