• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Reading comprehension OWNS you.... Please understand that I said and am saying again, If a group of young black males keeps breaking into houses in a particular area, and you see a YOUNG BLACK MALE acting SUSPICIOUS in the same area, we WANT you to turn your badge in for not checking him out.

Who the hell is this "we" of which you speak? Is that the "we" that thinks that gov't agents should be hassling folks walking down the sidewalk because they LOOK like they are the same race as someone alleged to have committed a crime?

You, and whoever else is in your "we" can count me way the hell out.

Do you apply the same standard to folks OC'ing? People armed with guns commit many crimes. I suppose the cops should go hassle anyone with the temerity to carry one as well.

Joe

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Well, what exactly was he going to say? "Uh yeah, there's a guy out here doing nothing, I want the police to come check him out." I've been on suspicious persons calls, and "suspicious" can include a variety of things... jogging, fishing, knocking on someone's door, moving into a house, being the wrong color, driving the wrong car, delivering newspapers etc, etc, etc...

Can you relay again exactly what Zimmerman advised that made Martin "suspicious?" Pretty flimsy.
    "real suspicious looking guy" that "this guy looks like he's up to no good""Looks like hes on drugs or something"

but also being a stranger in the neighborhood walking thru at 2:30am in the morning, fitting the description of known robbers might have something to do with it.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Who the hell is this "we" of which you speak? Is that the "we" that thinks that gov't agents should be hassling folks walking down the sidewalk because they LOOK like they are the same race as someone alleged to have committed a crime?

You, and whoever else is in your "we" can count me way the hell out.

Do you apply the same standard to folks OC'ing? People armed with guns commit many crimes. I suppose the cops should go hassle anyone with the temerity to carry one as well.

Joe
    If they are truly acting suspicious then yes, it is the officers job to check them out. There is a HUGE scale of being suspicious on anyones terms, what some call suspicious others dont. If A killer is on the loose and you seen someone fitting his description do you ignore it because it might not be him or do you call the police and say it could be him?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Yeah, cause "watching" them really means "pursuing them because you don't like the way these "*******s who always get away" look, confronting them and shooting them.

I somehow dispute your definition of "watch".

Joe
    Now your assuming Zimmerman confronted Martin and not the other way around. It has to be proven! *********s is what he said...just so people stop saying it was the N---word..

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    "real suspicious looking guy" that "this guy looks like he's up to no good""Looks like hes on drugs or something"

but also being a stranger in the neighborhood walking thru at 2:30am in the morning, fitting the description of known robbers might have something to do with it.

Uh, where is this 2:30 am coming from? As I recall this happened about 7:00 pm during daylight.

Where is this "known robbers" thing coming from? Don't all black folks fall into your definition?

Joe

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Now your assuming Zimmerman confronted Martin and not the other way around. It has to be proven! *********s is what he said...just so people stop saying it was the N---word..

Um, Zimmerman got out of his car a pursued him by his own admission. I consider that confronting someone; you know when you go after them.

Who ever said it was the n-word?

Joe

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Uh, where is this 2:30 am coming from? As I recall this happened about 7:00 pm during daylight.

Where is this "known robbers" thing coming from? Don't all black folks fall into your definition?

Joe
    Yeah it was 7 something my fault, I read the timeline wrong. As far as the "Known robbers" There had already been 8 robberies in the neighborhood by young black males according to reports..let me find a link.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline...beries-young-black-men-trayvon-145647987.html

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    If they are truly acting suspicious then yes, it is the officers job to check them out. There is a HUGE scale of being suspicious on anyones terms, what some call suspicious others dont. If A killer is on the loose and you seen someone fitting his description do you ignore it because it might not be him or do you call the police and say it could be him?

So you are saying that if there is a white killer on the loose, I should call the police and report every white man I see? I should also assume that because one of these white men appears to be stoned (although he actually is not) that that somehow means he is probably the killer?

This is just ridiculous.

Joe

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Quote it, and perhaps after reading it, again, you will find the answer you're looking for. Don't be a "selective" reader, comprehend the full thought.

I know you're a carmel cop, but don't be a douche. Zimmerman was following a suspicious looking person that happened to be black. HAd that person been white, I have a feeling he would have followed them as well. You're saying he shouldn't, and you wouldn't which means you don't feel a black person should be stopped for looking suspicious, but yet Carmel pulls people over al lthe time for DWB. Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Um, Zimmerman got out of his car a pursued him by his own admission. I consider that confronting someone; you know when you go after them.

Who ever said it was the n-word?

Joe
    Zimmerman said he was returning to his car. And the media is the one who in the beginning was implying the N word.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So now being "black" is "Fitting the description of known robbers?" Guess what, having a gun is also a trait of robbers, should I check all of them out too?
    I would hate to see you ever employed in law enforcement.

"really suspicious looking guy" "looks like he's up to no good" "looks like he's on drugs or something." WHAT THE HELL? That doesnt tell anything. Let's say police did arrive, NONE of that could be used to compel a private citizen to even identify himself. So "how exactly" if this occurred in Indiana, could police "check him out," if he refused to do so?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    So you are saying that if there is a white killer on the loose, I should call the police and report every white man I see? I should also assume that because one of these white men appears to be stoned (although he actually is not) that that somehow means he is probably the killer?

This is just ridiculous.

Joe
    Please read the whole post. I said someone matching the description...you have a real selective reading issue dont you?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah it was 7 something my fault, I read the timeline wrong. As far as the "Known robbers" There had already been 8 robberies in the neighborhood by young black males according to reports..let me find a link.
    Zimmerman neighbor on robberies by

So all black people in that neighborhood an inherently suspicious? Even walking down the sidewalk in the daylight?

Once again, this is ridiculous.

BTW, relying on this Taffe guy for your reports is a bit of a risky business. He doesn't exactly come off as the kind of guy you want to stake your word on.

JOe

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Have you ever watched an actual criminal jury trial?

All they do is spin spin spin and pander to emotions. Lies heaped on top of lies in order to convince 12 people that you're more right than the other guy.

The prosecution will appeal to the jury's emotion. They will show Zimmerman as a racist, a "mall ninja", and uncaring about the victim. They will also attempt to show that if Zimmerman is aquitted that he will be a threat to the community.

They will show Martin as being a "boy" just visiting his father with no ill intentions until he was provoked by Zimmerman, who they have already painted as a monster.

They will show that Martin was committing no crime, and as such Zimmerman had no reason to follow Martin. This will advance the narrative that Zimmerman had it out for young black kids.

If they can, the prosecution will also show that Zimmerman was not consistent with how he dealt with people coming and going, and that he singled out Martin simply because he was a young black man.

They will drag him through the mud and do everything in their power to paint him as a monster.

Again though, if the defense is even half way competent, they should be able to steer the jury towards the fact that the prosecution has no actual evidence to support a murder conviction, and all of this is just a story designed to manipulate their emotions.

Said it way better than I could. I fully believe that argument from the prosecution is garbage. If Zimmerman's first sight of Martin were breaking into a house or car, that evidence would blow the prosecution's argument out of the water. Zimmerman has none of that evidence.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, cause "watching" them really means "pursuing them because you don't like the way these "*******s who always get away" look, confronting them and shooting them.

I somehow dispute your definition of "watch".

Joe

I defined nothing, but interesting response none the less...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So all black people in that neighborhood an inherently suspicious? Even walking down the sidewalk in the daylight?

being that the majority of the neighborhood is non-white, your statement would mean more than half of the people living there would be suspects.

Don't think your argument works in this case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom