• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't believe that at all. Zimmerman doesn't have to articulate he prevented or stopped a crime. Thats not how it works... he doesn't have to prove any of that. He saw a stranger in his neighborhood, acting suspicious, that's his whole defense. How can anyone prove any different. With all the recent break ins, he was beige a good neighbor and by his own accounts was jumped by the suspicious person.. and there isn't a witness saying different...

The prosecution is going to try to convince the jury that Zimmerman profiled Martin based on race. By profiling on race, he acted in a way that lead to Martin's death. Yes, it is up to the prosecution to convince the jury of that. If the jury believes it, he may be found guilty.

Again, I don't think he was motivated by race. But if Zimmerman confronted h during the commission of a crime, there'd be evidence to support that and make it that much more difficult to prove a Zimmerman was racially motivated.

Imagine a home invasion. You shoot an intruder inside your house. You tell the police where you were standing and the perp was standing. The bullet holes in your walls corroborate your story and is solid evidence you were in the right. If the perp is laying on his face 50' from your front door with a single gunshot wound entering his back with zero evidence to prove your shot occured while both of you were inside and you were in danger makes you look very bad.

If there is no immenent threat to the safety of yourself or others if the evidence isn't going to be fully on your side. If I'm going to be in the hot seat, the evidence is going to support my actions.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    The prosecution is going to try to convince the jury that Zimmerman profiled Martin based on race. By profiling on race, he acted in a way that lead to Martin's death. Yes, it is up to the prosecution to convince the jury of that. If the jury believes it, he may be found guilty.

Again, I don't think he was motivated by race. But if Zimmerman confronted h during the commission of a crime, there'd be evidence to support that and make it that much more difficult to prove a Zimmerman was racially motivated.

Imagine a home invasion. You shoot an intruder inside your house. You tell the police where you were standing and the perp was standing. The bullet holes in your walls corroborate your story and is solid evidence you were in the right. If the perp is laying on his face 50' from your front door with a single gunshot wound entering his back with zero evidence to prove your shot occured while both of you were inside and you were in danger makes you look very bad.

If there is no immenent threat to the safety of yourself or others if the evidence isn't going to be fully on your side. If I'm going to be in the hot seat, the evidence is going to support my actions.

First, profiling isnt illegal. Second you cannot prove he was profiling unless you can get a mind reader in there....thats like saying a KKK guy kills a black guy breaking into his house, so he must of killed him because he KKK right? There is ZERO physical evidence of profiling....
    The police know there were 8 break-ins in that neighborhood earlier in the year by young black males, so during shift briefing they were probably told any suspicious young black males in the neighborhood acting suspicious check them out....uh-oh theres more profiling.... Even if Zimmerman said to the dispatcher that it was a N*****, all that would of shown was he was a racist, doesnt mean he is guilty of anything illegal...

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First, profiling isnt illegal. Second you cannot prove he was profiling unless you can get a mind reader in there....thats like saying a KKK guy kills a black guy breaking into his house, so he must of killed him because he KKK right? There is ZERO physical evidence of profiling....
    The police know there were 8 break-ins in that neighborhood earlier in the year by young black males, so during shift briefing they were probably told any suspicious young black males in the neighborhood acting suspicious check them out....uh-oh theres more profiling.... Even if Zimmerman said to the dispatcher that it was a N*****, all that would of shown was he was a racist, doesnt mean he is guilty of anything...

The day something so ridiculous is uttered by one of my supervisors, in roll call, is the day I'm walking out and turning in my badge.

The day, I start viewing a guy walking down the street at 7pm holding a can of tea and skittles as "suspicious," and "needing to be checked out," is the day that I'll start looking for a new job.

I'm not in the business of harassment. If you want to make the case that "because this happened before" to shakedown anyone in the vicinity absent a legit reason to do so, you'd be empowering LE in a way that I would never want to be a part of.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Zimmerman did "profile" Martin. He profiled him as someone whose behavior looked like he was up to no good. From what we have been told, Martin checked him out a little closer, saw he was pulled over, making a phone call, then took off running. Again, not the actions of someone who is on the up and up, apparently confirming Zimmerman's suspicions.

At this point, we have long-legged Martin moving at a sprint. There is no way it is believable that Zimmerman thought he could catch up to him. Ergo, Zimmerman goes to the east border of the neighborhood, which is a little ways north, but on the same street where Martin would pop out, had he continued toward the back entrance of the neighborhood. Per Zimmerman's conversation with the 911 operator, that's where he suspected Martin was headed.

Anyone who believes Zimmerman had any thoughts of making contact with Martin, has fabricated a narrative, to fit their own persecuted/guilt-ridden self image.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zimmerman did "profile" Martin. He profiled him as someone whose behavior looked like he was up to no good. From what we have been told, Martin checked him out a little closer, then took off running. Again, not the actions of someone who is on the up and up, apparently confirming Zimmerman's suspicions.

At this point, we have long-legged Martin moving at a sprint. There is no way it is believable that Zimmerman thought he could catch up to him. Ergo, Zimmerman goes to the east border of the neighborhood, which is a little ways north, but on the same street where Martin would pop out, had he continued toward the back entrance of the neighborhood. Per Zimmerman's conversation with the 911 operator, that's where he suspected Martin was headed.

Anyone who believes Zimmerman had any thoughts of making contact with Martin, has fabricated a narrative, to fit their own persecuted/guilt-ridden self image.

It all depends on what perspective you're relating from. I find it hard to envision a "thug" as Martin has been portrayed by some, running away from someone sitting in a car. "Thugs" aren't like that. The "thugs" I envision, would welcome a confrontation then and there, not high tail it out of dodge.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The day something so ridiculous is uttered by one of my supervisors, in roll call, is the day I'm walking out and turning in my badge.

The day, I start viewing a guy walking down the street at 7pm holding a can of tea and skittles as "suspicious," and "needing to be checked out," is the day that I'll start looking for a new job.

I'm not in the business of harassment. If you want to make the case that "because this happened before" to shakedown anyone in the vicinity absent a legit reason to do so, you'd be empowering LE in a way that I would never want to be a part of.

So, you're saying if you watch someone walking in between houses, looking into windows you're not going to do anything? Nice.... maybe you should just turn your badge in now because you're not really helping the public much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, you're saying if you watch someone walking in between houses, looking into windows you're not going to do anything? Nice.... maybe you should just turn your badge in now because you're not really helping the public much.

Reading comprehension OWNS you.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    It all depends on what perspective you're relating from. I find it hard to envision a "thug" as Martin has been portrayed by some, running away from someone sitting in a car. "Thugs" aren't like that. The "thugs" I envision, would welcome a confrontation then and there, not high tail it out of dodge.

Did you accidentally quote the wrong person?

Due to the continued argument over terminology I never used, I will categorize your rebuttal as irrational.

Thank you for proving my point.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

You are absolutly right, Zimmerman never said the Guy in the hoodie was acting suspicious or anything...oh wait he did....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you accidentally quote the wrong person?

Due to the continued argument over terminology I never used, I will categorize your rebuttal as irrational.

Thank you for proving my point.

I never, implied that it was you that called Martin a "thug." I used the phrase "portrayed by some." I don't beat around the bush, if it was you that had used the term, I would have specifically stated "you."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are absolutly right, Zimmerman never said the Guy in the hoodie was acting suspicious or anything...oh wait he did....

Well, what exactly was he going to say? "Uh yeah, there's a guy out here doing nothing, I want the police to come check him out." I've been on suspicious persons calls, and "suspicious" can include a variety of things... jogging, fishing, knocking on someone's door, moving into a house, being the wrong color, driving the wrong car, delivering newspapers etc, etc, etc...

Can you relay again exactly what Zimmerman advised that made Martin "suspicious?" Pretty flimsy.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

Reading comprehension OWNS you.... Please understand that I said and am saying again, If a group of young black males keeps breaking into houses in a particular area, and you see a YOUNG BLACK MALE acting SUSPICIOUS in the same area, we WANT you to turn your badge in for not checking him out.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Unless you have a mouse in your pocket, you can leave the rest of us out of your ranting.

I certainly don't want to be tied into your police state fantasy in any manner.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Then please explain yourself. Someone acting suspicious does not warrant a call or checking out? That is what YOU said.

Quote it, and perhaps after reading it, again, you will find the answer you're looking for. Don't be a "selective" reader, comprehend the full thought.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Reading comprehension OWNS you.... Please understand that I said and am saying again, If a group of young black males keeps breaking into houses in a particular area, and you see a YOUNG BLACK MALE acting SUSPICIOUS in the same area, we WANT you to turn your badge in for not checking him out.

What I am understanding is that you want me to solely harass young black males being suspicious. He call me crazy, but how about I avoid color altogether, and simply check out everybody acting suspicious.

Your words, not mine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom