• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sometimes I really wonder where your material comes from. You certainly have an interesting set of tracks that your train of thought travels upon.

One would think the biggest cheerleaders for US global interventionism would be happy to be the tip of that spear. We're also $16+ trillion in debt. How do you propose we finance these wars? Borrowing from our enemies?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Sometimes I really wonder where your material comes from. You certainly have an interesting set of tracks that your train of thought travels upon.

probably from George Washington's farewell address when he warned about foreign entanglements. He was of course referring to European issues, but just because our reach has increased over the centuries doesn't make his words any less true.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    One would think the biggest cheerleaders for US global interventionism would be happy to be the tip of that spear. We're also $16+ trillion in debt. How do you propose we finance these wars? Borrowing from our enemies?
    When did I say start new wars? When did I say anything about global interventionism? AGAIN, we should focus on self defense. Not meddling in other affairs. However, I (and most logical people), know that part of defense is knowing what your enemy is up to. Thus, we have the CIA.

What is so hard to understand about that? Stop putting words in my mouth in order to spew your talking points.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    probably from George Washington's farewell address when he warned about foreign entanglements. He was of course referring to European issues, but just because our reach has increased over the centuries doesn't make his words any less true.
    Ok, now you're not seeing it either. I never said we should get into "entanglements". I said we should be on the defensive. Part of our defense is the CIA having info on what those that wish us harm may be planning.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When did I say start new wars? When did I say anything about global interventionism? AGAIN, we should focus on self defense. Not meddling in other affairs. However, I (and most logical people), know that part of defense is knowing what your enemy is up to. Thus, we have the CIA.

What is so hard to understand about that? Stop putting words in my mouth in order to spew your talking points.

So if we're running guns to other nations to fight our proxy wars, is that not an act of war? Would that not make us the instigator?

For a nation of people who love liberty so much, many of which profess to be Christians, we sure don't care about the liberty of foreign people. We fought off such imperialism to only take over Britains part.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Ok, now you're not seeing it either. I never said we should get into "entanglements". I said we should be on the defensive. Part of our defense is the CIA having info on what those that wish us harm may be planning.

i do see it. But interfering and getting entangled doesn't mean direct military intervention. Look at what our meddling in Iran earned us.

Top Bottom