• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Could it be because 99.9% of the time you seem to be of the opinion that it is ALWAYS our fault? Just sayin'....:dunno:

We've done some pretty stupid things around the world BUT is it so hard to believe that there just might be countries and their leaders that simply don't like us thru no fault of our own? Like maybe they're simply jealous of our wealth and power, OR our refusal (hopefully):rolleyes: to kowtow to their brand of religion or else? Kinda seems rather intellectually lazy to scapegoat the CIA every time to me.

Could be that most Americans refuse to believe we are ever at fault :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ours, why would one assume otherwise?:dunno:

Contrary to your cute little "meals on wheels" mantra, the CIA isn't in the business of "benefiting" other countries, nor should they be. They are in the business to collect intelligence "benefiting" the United States.

So would we consider intelligence personnel from non friendly countries as enemies if they're on our soil? Would we allow North Korean, Iranian, etc agents to roam free on our soil?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    So would we consider intelligence personnel from non friendly countries as enemies if they're on our soil? Would we allow North Korean, Iranian, etc agents to roam free on our soil?

Yes, they should be considered enemies, what's the point here?

No... we shouldn't allow them here, let alone roam free. It's one of those little perks that comes with being a Superpower. Something I'm not the least bit ashamed of.

This idea that if we just played nice the rest of the world would too is dangerous thinking and has been proven to be a failure over and over thru out history. A monumental example is, Chamberlain tried playing nice with a guy back in the late '30's, and look where it got him AND most of the world. "Peace in our time" my a**, what a fool.:rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I assure you, our spies would not be treated well when caught there either. Grow up already.

Our agents acting against other nations on their soil are acts of war. Grow up already and quit feigning innocence when our actions backfire.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Our agents acting against other nations on their soil are acts of war. Grow up already and quit feigning innocence when our actions backfire.
    I'm not feigning anything. We have to do what we have to do. Period. The other countries are doing it to us. Should we just back out and get ran over?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You're arguing with someone agrees. However, I don't see how gathering intelligence is not part of our defense. You do realize the CIA was there collecting evidence on terrorists, right?

There's also speculation they were running guns and recruiting people to fight in other countries.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, because manipulating others to do your bidding for you is NEVER a good idea for a spy. lol

Why don't we just get it over with and declare ourselves the king of the world? We can put a minimum of a division in every nation in the world.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Why don't we just get it over with and declare ourselves the king of the world? We can put a minimum of a division in every nation in the world.
    Why don't we just get it over with? What do you mean? You think we haven't already declared that?

I'm sorry I have pride in my country. You'll forgive me, won't you?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why don't we just get it over with? What do you mean? You think we haven't already declared that?

I'm sorry I have pride in my country. You'll forgive me, won't you?

We saw what nationalist pride did to the Soviet Union. We too will be defeated without ever being invaded in a full scale war on our soil. You going to ship off to the next combat zone or man the federal reserve printing presses?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    We saw what nationalist pride did to the Soviet Union. We too will be defeated without ever being invaded in a full scale war on our soil. You going to ship off to the next combat zone or man the federal reserve printing presses?
    Sometimes I really wonder where your material comes from. You certainly have an interesting set of tracks that your train of thought travels upon.

Top Bottom