• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Smells rotten to me too. Different news stations tells different stories. He dress' like the character "Bane" but says he was "the Joker". No job, but bought 6,000 rounds of ammo. Some say he kicked the door in, others say it was proped open. He gets done, goes to his car and waits for the cops. And then this happens a week before the firearm/UN thing. Who knows what to believe...:dunno:

OHNOES!!! No job but could buy guns and ammo. I went back to school full time to finish another degree and I haven't worked in a couple years. I don't get welfare or unemployment yet I've bought multiple guns (5-6) several months in a row while not working. Sometimes people do have some savings even that they can live off of while not working.

Every single movie theater I've been in, you can't kick the emergency exit open as that isn't how the door works.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Im a little behind the thread and did not read everyone's comments. But I wanted to comment so here goes.

First off prayers go out to all the victims. To answer the question what would you do? I cannot say as I am fortunate enough to have not been in that situation, You have 3 options in this type of attach, Feeze Fight Flight, With one goal in mind, SURVIVE. It will always be hard to say how you will handle something like this because all the training and range time in world will never be like something like this. A lot of people, not expecting it, throw in CS gas or what ever it will be make for a hard response. Second you never know if there are others just sitting in the there with you. I think the best response for this is to educate our friends and our friend's friends about Guns, Gun laws and why we choose to CC or OC. Education done in a proper way will keep our freedom alive. Take someone new shooting and get them involved. Write letters to our Reps in Washington for support for the second amendment and CCW reciprocity and acceptance. Get the best training available and affordable to us possible. The other thing that I think of with a family what works in the EMS side of public safety is, in our area there would be no where near enough ambulances to respond to something like this if it had happened in our area, knowing some basic first aid would be helpful in the event you or a loved one was injured. Sure you are not going to be an EMT or Paramedic but basic knowledge will be better than nothing. I can only imagine the thoughts going through the emergency responders when arriving on a scene like this. Remember too that they have received a call for a shooting so you have to be careful when LEOs respond and you are only trying to help but have a gun in your hand. There a lot of things that will run though our heads now, and we will all more than likely be more aware of our surroundings and think twice before leaving that carry gun at home in the drawer. Maybe one person could have stopped the thread with a well placed shot but that is a maybe. The saddest part of this is those lives lost and those injured, prayers go out to them again. May God Bless all of them and stand with our public safety workers responding to these horrible tragedies be it Law Enforcement, Fire/ VFD and EMS.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    1.This will probably be bad for gun owners in general.
    2.It will likely funnel more money to police budgets,
    3. many people will get carry permits
    4. many people will carry for the next month
    5. Second guessing, or hot headed claims are useless, learn from it and move on. (seriously ever been to a training class where you were completley relaxed and then had tear gass thrown at you?)
    6. When your fiends bring this up, calmly make the paint that this kind of thing can happen anywhere, offer to help them get outfitted if that strikes their fancy.
    7. please help keep this tragedy from being a political tool, Keep discourse focused on the act, and what no body did to stopp it once it was underway.
    8. Remember what this incident has taught us, bad guys wear body armor now, Groin, Knees, Neck, Nose, arms. The areas will likely be unprotected, in this case they were, so keep dumping rounds in the chest, broken ribs will at least stun someone.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1.This will probably be bad for gun owners in general.
    2.It will likely funnel more money to police budgets,
    3. many people will get carry permits
    4. many people will carry for the next month
    5. Second guessing, or hot headed claims are useless, learn from it and move on. (seriously ever been to a training class where you were completley relaxed and then had tear gass thrown at you?)
    6. When your fiends bring this up, calmly make the paint that this kind of thing can happen anywhere, offer to help them get outfitted if that strikes their fancy.
    7. please help keep this tragedy from being a political tool, Keep discourse focused on the act, and what no body did to stopp it once it was underway.
    8. Remember what this incident has taught us, bad guys wear body armor now, Groin, Knees, Neck, Nose, arms. The areas will likely be unprotected, in this case they were, so keep dumping rounds in the chest, broken ribs will at least stun someone.

The left seems to want to justify themselves. Thus by demonizing guns and gun owners, by calling everyone on the right a "fascist', the left seems to be trying to say that "we are ok, we are not evil". If you can point fingers at someone else (demonizing) then people tend to not look at your actions. The left is very insecure.

But this act of evil, even if he was mentally ill he was evil, if from within their own ranks. The blood is on the left in this case no matter how much they try to blame shift.

Guns are not evil nor are most gun owners. Rather it is the politic philosophy that comes out of the left that is the root of our modern evilness. It is comes from Nietzche.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Blaming the guns is the easy excuse. No one wants to solve the deeper issue...how did this young man get to a point in his life where he felt it necessary to plan a mass murder like this. People are going to b$:(? and moan about how someone should have seen the signs early on with this guy...and the same person would cry about stereotyping when you did.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Blaming the guns is the easy excuse. No one wants to solve the deeper issue...how did this young man get to a point in his life where he felt it necessary to plan a mass murder like this. People are going to b$:(? and moan about how someone should have seen the signs early on with this guy...and the same person would cry about stereotyping when you did.

Maybe he is just an evil guy, and no one could have seen it coming. I'm not comfortable with this notion that we're all responsible for snooping on each other and reporting deviant (not criminal) behavior to the authorities. (I know that's not what you're saying.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So far they are saying he bought the guns legally at gander mountain and bass pro however they have not said if he had a license to carry. I know it is a minor point and criminals will commit crimes regardless as they don't care about the laws. Maybe there was nothing that at this time is known to have kept him from buying them but it would help arguments with anti's I believe if we can show that he was not a permit holding gun owner and those who get the permit are not the problems. The fact is still there are nut jobs/ people who just commit crimes and more laws will not keep things like this from happening. If he had the knowledge to make bombs then he just as easily could have set bombs in the place and injured as many if not more. What a shame this story is. My prayers go out to all involved. My families safety is most important to me and being armed is one of the best ways to keep my family safe. Better acces to training is needed for all who carry as well. I hope the new Beechgrove Firearms offers classes as it is close to home.

One of the news networks reported that he did not have a license/permit to carry. I think it may have been Fox, but I flipped through the news channels too much to remember which.

On a side note, Gander Mountain and Bass Pro? Jeez, he apparently didn't bother with price tags.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    CNN is having a heyday this morning about gun control. Listing the guns used and explaining over and over how easy it is to obtain these "assault" weapons and ammo.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    'Batman' Shooting: Gun Lobby Counts On Short Attention Span

The message here should be clear, said Kristen Rand, legislative director for the Violence Policy Center, a group opposed to gun violence. "You put a military level of firepower in the hands of civilians, and this is the natural result," she said. "The lesson that other countries have learned is that you have to restrict access to these instruments that allow people to inflict so much injury and death so quickly."
    Natural result? The natural result of blind idealism is stupid conclusions like this. It's very much like the old hammer/nail saying.

ETA: If you put a military level of firepower in the hands of civilians you have a well protected society.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Soooo....
    :dunno:
    It will never be ratified...

We have signed LOTS of Treaties, and never Ratified them...
    It's not a question of simply not being ratified. It's a question of being affirmatively rejected.

When the President signs a treaty, it immediately goes into effect. It doesn't strictly speaking need to be ratified by the Senate and if it's never brought up for a vote, which Reid will not do because he knows he doesn't have the votes for it, then the treaty's status remains in that limbo, but limbo though it be, it'll still be marching toward implementation and enforcement.

A lot of damage can be done to our rights between Obama's pen and Romeny's inauguration with a Republican majority in both houses of Congress when the ATT can get its just repudiation.

Best for the ATT to never see the light of day, or the dark of Obama's pen.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    :n00b::rolleyes:im sorry if i offend anyone with this comment.It is strange the a unemployed grad student can get all this guns and gear over a 2 month time frame,learn how to use it ,set up "complex booby traps" in his apt. Then after the shooting tell the cops that he had booby trapped his apt. . Then give up with out a fight

Somethings smells rotten with this situation.
    just give it some thought. for a few minutes.

Something does smell rotten.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJu500KYzg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

If big brother can control flocks of sheep, how difficult could it be to control one?

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Maybe he is just an evil guy, and no one could have seen it coming. I'm not comfortable with this notion that we're all responsible for snooping on each other and reporting deviant (not criminal) behavior to the authorities. (I know that's not what you're saying.)

I admit I haven't been watching much of the coverage, but it sounds like he was somewhat normal, and like you said, no one could have seen it coming.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    'Batman' Shooting: Gun Lobby Counts On Short Attention Span

Natural result? The natural result of blind idealism is stupid conclusions like this. It's very much like the old hammer/nail saying.

ETA: If you put a military level of firepower in the hands of civilians you have a well protected society.

And if citizens don't have a 'military level' of arms, you get North Korea, probably the safest country on earth?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Not buying it. If it is all a coincidence with the drugs, then why weren't kids shooting mass murders in their high school before the drug came out?

Read it again. Before the drugs came out, they were too messed up to get their **** together. After the drugs were available, they were well enough to focus on putting their darker thoughts and impulses into action.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    :n00b::rolleyes:im sorry if i offend anyone with this comment.It is strange the a unemployed grad student can get all this guns and gear over a 2 month time frame,learn how to use it ,set up "complex booby traps" in his apt. Then after the shooting tell the cops that he had booby trapped his apt. . Then give up with out a fight

Somethings smells rotten with this situation.
    just give it some thought. for a few minutes.

Ever hear of credit cards? They give them out like candy to students.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    And if citizens don't have a 'military level' of arms, you get North Korea, probably the safest country on earth?

Also, determined criminals will always get what they want. Remember Anders Breivek in Norway who killed 5 times as many and acquired his equipment illegally amid fairly tight European controls. If Holmes had used $5 worth of gasoline we could have easily had 100 or more dead.

Top Bottom