• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Just to chime in... I hope people don't react too irrationally to this IDIOT PSYCHO that made a series of stupid decisions... and then acted on them. My heart really goes out to the victims there.
    The cops reacted like pros and so did the other first responders.
    For selfish reasons (like owning ARs, hi-cap mags, etc.), I hope that gun laws don't drastically change or tighten up. I am ok with (and part of me even agrees with) the current process to purchase a gun in general. Waiting periods aren't the end of the world, but it quickly becomes a slippery slope -- I hope we don't lapse back to the Clinton-era bans.
    All that said, my heart really goes out to those people in CO.

I agree with you there, but it's ironic that even if that ban was still in place, it wouldn't have prevented the use of an AR with a beta-mag. The AR would just have looked a little less "scary" and the magazine would have cost him more money. That's the thing with trying to ban things based on how they look...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm on pins and needles! :dunno:
    Sorry, I happened to be riding in the back of a HMMWV rolling down occupied territory South of Edinburgh on I-65. Attempting to relay direction and describe landmarks from 6 trucks back to a Lt, from Memory without a Map on how to get to Ft Knox, though text messages at the time I was multitasking and trying to catch up on the story of WTF had actually happened...

But, hey I noticed you had nothing worthwhile to add anywhere in this thread either... :rolleyes:

Shame this is a PG site sometimes...
    Cut him some slack. He was probably tagging the thread.
    I was, I love how rapidly some here jump to conclusions...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    No bravado here. Showed this to Mrs. VERT and she was less then impressed. Her first question was "why would you take small children to a batman movie after midnight?"

have to agree, the first thing that I heard was A three month old baby was treated and released after a shooting at a midnight movie.
    I'm thinking did I here that right?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry, I happened to be riding in the back of a HMMWV rolling down occupied territory South of Edinburgh on I-65. Attempting to relay direction and describe landmarks from 6 trucks back to a Lt, from Memory without a Map on how to get to Ft Knox, though text messages at the time I was multitasking and trying to catch up on the story of WTF had actually happened...

But, hey I noticed you had nothing worthwhile to add anywhere in this thread either... :rolleyes:

Shame this is a PG site sometimes...

I was, I love how rapidly some here jump to conclusions...

Well we are all waiting for something really good :cool:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I agree with you there, but it's ironic that even if that ban was still in place, it wouldn't have prevented the use of an AR with a beta-mag. The AR would just have looked a little less "scary" and the magazine would have cost him more money. That's the thing with trying to ban things based on how they look...

Columbine happened right in the middle of the AWB. Even anti-gunners understand that their cosmetic gun laws are feckless.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh, is that all?? And here I thought you were busy or something.

How can she stand there next to him being interviewed... With him holding the baby he threw away to save himself...

I KNOW!!! gag

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If you're implying this does happen frequently, here's what needs done to solve that, I'll put it in parentheses to save anyone time from reading all this.

((((Solve the social and economical problems that breed murderous wackos and criminals.

Everyone blaming it on something is too lazy to fix the problem and wants to distract from the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that while this is a first world nation, there's an awful large amount of areas in this country that are below that of a 3rd world nation. All of the laws, regulations, and bans to attempt to close the wound have only tore it open wider, for example the war on drugs making it a profitable business.

These aren't things you fix over night, and they are not things you fix by making an enemy of the people.

It takes a complete overhaul of what society values and views as positive. With a consumerist economy I'm not so sure that can ever be resolved, but it can at least be greatly minimized by the major entertainment industries setting an example. That won't solve problems at the bottom of the chain but it will at least stop glorifying the problem for some. Not even saying the majority of media is glorifying the bad in society, a lot of film makers specifically attack the bad in society yet idiots latch onto the exact opposite of the film maker's intent. The problem isn't with the media at that point, it's with the person's ethics and education.

If people had their heads on straight, they wouldn't find killing people in a game to be enjoyable, and they wouldn't get a kick out of seeing it in a movie. There doesn't need to be any sort of regulation or law respecting that, it's a psychological issue with people that is developed from a young age.

To fix things at the bottom of the chain, money needs reinvested into communities and victimless crimes must be forgotten about in favor of ones that actually do hurt people. But that's pretty much common sense, so it's taboo.))))

Great post. Agree totally.

On the frequency of events like these... I believe the statistics regarding these incidents per capita do not support that it is "frequent".

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think the Douche that abandoned his Children and Fiance should suck start a Red Ryder BB Rifle until he fatally shoots himself...

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "We have to go out. We have to do things. You don't think you're going to get shot. You're just living your life."

Yeah, um, no, you don't.

You don't have to take your baby and four year old out to a midnight movie.

You don't have to subject them to the danger of Midnight to 4AM.

You have children, lady. There are more important things than you. You're an adult now, act like it.

That's the problem, we have a society of pre-teens who don't want to act like grown ups. Everyone wants someone else to carry his pack. Sad day.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a question...

After reading through many links to "witness" reports and descriptions of the event from them.

Am I the only person in the World who plans where I am going in accordance with avenues of approach, defensible points, fallback positions, routes of egress, etc, etc...

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I have a question...

After reading through many links to "witness" reports and descriptions of the event from them.

Am I the only person in the World who plans where I am going in accordance with avenues of approach, defensible points, fallback positions, routes of egress, etc, etc...

Most of us with backgrounds in military, leo, security, etc. probably do so both consciously and subconsciously. As well as those "non classically trained" citizens who have either undergone some type of training and/or who are not obvious to their surroundings.

The thing is there were people literally within 10 feet of him who he was not shooting at. They were laying on the ground watching him shoot people.

Had any one of them been armed things may have gone quite differently.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a question...

I'm sure your training has made you more aware of your situation. I don't look for exits when I go to the movies. Only on a train, plane, boat, or bus do I do that. Guess that will have to change though.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The thing is there were people literally within 10 feet of him who he was not shooting at. They were laying on the ground watching him shoot people.

Had any one of them been armed things may have gone quite differently.
    Hell if any of them would have done anything at that range...

Or a group of them...

I am not really surprised though by there inaction from the area that this happened. Last time I was out that way it was quickly being invaded by Californians, and they were bringing their mindset with them...

Top Bottom