• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    "We’ve forgotten to put goodness into our children. Where are the good things that are replenishing us? You can only experience so much darkness before it affects you."
    Glenn Beck

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    How about this "winner". Pity he made it out.

Now that is a little harsh. True he left and may have only been thinking of himself but you have your child with you and are seperated from your family. In something this extreme, no one is thinking rationally. I would hope to God that I would be able to protect my family and do everything possible, but it is only speculation until you are in that actual enviroment.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    OMG, did he admit to doing what it sounds like. What a fricking coward... He needs an ass whipping...

You mean this part?...

"I'm trying to keep him low. ... And he's crying," Rohrs said.

[I'm thinking] 'He's crying and they're going to come get me.'

"I'm just disoriented after I put him down,"

He said he wondered where Ethan was but realized he could not go back to get him. Rohrs finally jumped over the balcony and ended up outside.

"It just felt like the worst thing ever because my son's still in there," he told ABC News.

ETA

"He said Legarreta called him from another phone and he drove back to the theater."

Last edited:

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    My Dad told me there was going to be an ever growing bunch of kids who would grow up with no love and respect and therefore could never treat others with these values in mind. He was right. We need to hang on to our guns because these monsters are out there.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    How about this "winner". Pity he made it out.

Now that is a little harsh. True he left and may have only been thinking of himself but you have your child with you and are seperated from your family. In something this extreme, no one is thinking rationally. I would hope to God that I would be able to protect my family and do everything possible, but it is only speculation until you are in that actual enviroment.

Seriously?

It is in times of crisis that the true character of a person is revealed. He has revealed himself to be a coward. Plenty of cowards in the world. In fact we'd probably be better off with a few less of them.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Noted and edited!

Yep, I can't believe he actually DROVE AWAY and didn't come back till called! His fiancee and kids were, for all he knew or cared, dead and he drove away! Sheesh.

When she called he was probably like "Oh crap they're still alive! Guess I won't be cashing in on that life insurance policy.".

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I retract my previous statement. I guess I did not realize that he left ALL of his family in the theatre. I thought he still had his son with him. He is a coward and should be disgusted with himself.
    That being said, He did survive it and will now be on national television and try to cash in on this tragedy.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What's also bad is it seems (based on the article) like he thinks people should look at him as some type of hero or feel sorry for him. Insane.

Your own family though... That is just unimaginable to me. I can't even get my mind around that.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I retract my previous statement. I guess I did not realize that he left ALL of his family in the theatre. I thought he still had his son with him. He is a coward and should be disgusted with himself.
    That being said, He did survive it and will now be on national television and try to cash in on this tragedy.

Yep. He actually ditched his baby son because he thought that the crying would attract attention. Meanwhile the mother took a bullet covering her daughter and retrieved her baby son from where her courageous fiancee dropped him.

Mom is pretty hardcore. Dad should have taken a round.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Your own family though... That is just unimaginable to me. I can't even get my mind around that.

Same here, I can't imagine ever thinking that way. The event itself was a tragedy but seeing people like this (survive no less while I'm willing to bet better people either died or were seriously inured) is also tragic in it's own right.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here's my question. "Why" does this appear to a more frequent occurance in the US vs other first world nations? Do we have more wackos per capita? Is it ease of access to firearms? Is it a stupid populace?
    What is the best way to prevent this from happening so frequently?

If you're implying this does happen frequently, here's what needs done to solve that, I'll put it in parentheses to save anyone time from reading all this.

((((Solve the social and economical problems that breed murderous wackos and criminals.

Everyone blaming it on something is too lazy to fix the problem and wants to distract from the bigger picture. The bigger picture is that while this is a first world nation, there's an awful large amount of areas in this country that are below that of a 3rd world nation. All of the laws, regulations, and bans to attempt to close the wound have only tore it open wider, for example the war on drugs making it a profitable business.

These aren't things you fix over night, and they are not things you fix by making an enemy of the people.

It takes a complete overhaul of what society values and views as positive. With a consumerist economy I'm not so sure that can ever be resolved, but it can at least be greatly minimized by the major entertainment industries setting an example. That won't solve problems at the bottom of the chain but it will at least stop glorifying the problem for some. Not even saying the majority of media is glorifying the bad in society, a lot of film makers specifically attack the bad in society yet idiots latch onto the exact opposite of the film maker's intent. The problem isn't with the media at that point, it's with the person's ethics and education.

If people had their heads on straight, they wouldn't find killing people in a game to be enjoyable, and they wouldn't get a kick out of seeing it in a movie. There doesn't need to be any sort of regulation or law respecting that, it's a psychological issue with people that is developed from a young age.

To fix things at the bottom of the chain, money needs reinvested into communities and victimless crimes must be forgotten about in favor of ones that actually do hurt people. But that's pretty much common sense, so it's taboo.))))

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep. He actually ditched his baby son because he thought that the crying would attract attention. Meanwhile the mother took a bullet covering her daughter and retrieved her baby son from where her courageous fiancee dropped him.

Mom is pretty hardcore. Dad should have taken a round.

Wonder how long that relationship will go on now.

Top Bottom