• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I know that, but the fact that he goes into detail about the evil black gun, and not the handguns or shotgun, sickens me. Why the eff do they always do that? Errr, all my rage....

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I just saw the press conference. Unfortunately this looks like a situation nobody could have been prepared for. The shooter was heavily armed and wearing all kinds of bullet proof type clothing, even a throat guard. Regardless, with tear gas wreaking havoc, it would have probably been impossible to get off a clear shot at this psychopath without hurting an innocent.

It really makes you think about how prepared you are for any situation, and how we can never spend too much time at the range, taking defense/safety courses, and getting more educated about our firearms and sharing that message with others.

I hugged my wife & kids a few extra times today, and hope everyone here found some comfort in doing that today as well.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    This is one of the most level headed and accurate opinion pieces I have seen up in the mainstream media.

Gun control or carry permits won't stop mass murder - CNN.com

He makes the point that mass murderers are unlike more traditional criminals. Their need to kill drives them to great lengths in planning and preparation. There was no way this was going to be stopped, regardless of if we had tighter gun control or more lenient gun control. Good for CNN for at least posting a reasonable opinion.

Great article, and thanks for the link. I like the author's ending:

"None of us would wish to turn our public spaces into tightly secured fortresses. It is also unreasonable to expect that we would begin a campaign to round up all the guns or all the potentially dangerous people who might have access to guns. Mass murder is regrettably one of the painful consequences of the freedoms we enjoy."

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Kid has been watching CNN and Fox, too early to tell but she says nobody fought back, even when there may have been opportunity to do so.

She doesn't understand how people (reportedly) were in close proximity to the shooter and did nothing.

I hope it never gets tested, but it appears as though my daughter is not a sheep :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Story I read had quoted "an AK-47 type rifle that fires 30 rounds of .223 quickly" and this was from a federal police officer. I don't generally bash cops, but this guy is retarded. And then he said " a shotgun that held the legal requirements of three shells, but can be easily modified" ooh, this'll get the antis and ignorant all kinds of things to go off of.

Not necessarily. There are AK variants available in .223/5.56x45. I don't know what he is talking about with the shotgun

It was NOT an AK but an AR-15.

I just saw the press conference. Unfortunately this looks like a situation nobody could have been prepared for. The shooter was heavily armed and wearing all kinds of bullet proof type clothing, even a throat guard. Regardless, with tear gas wreaking havoc, it would have probably been impossible to get off a clear shot at this psychopath without hurting an innocent.

It really makes you think about how prepared you are for any situation, and how we can never spend too much time at the range, taking defense/safety courses, and getting more educated about our firearms and sharing that message with others.

I hugged my wife & kids a few extra times today, and hope everyone here found some comfort in doing that today as well.

Simple don't go to the movies. We need to write our reps and have been ban all movie theathers! :rolleyes:

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Kid has been watching CNN and Fox, too early to tell but she says nobody fought back, even when there may have been opportunity to do so.

She doesn't understand how people (reportedly) were in close proximity to the shooter and did nothing.

I hope it never gets tested, but it appears as though my daughter is not a sheep :)

Good to know there are a few more out there that are not a sheep.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    How awesome it would have been, if a CC/OC person nuked the POS immediately after he blasted the ceiling.

But then the media would be crying foul and wanting to hang the guy that took out the troubled academic.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

This doesn't make him invincible though. A throat guard or groin protector are usually designed to protect against shrapnel. I have doubts they could even defeat a pistol round. A direct hit to his protective vest may not even penetrated it but it will still put him in some pain and possibly give somebody enough time to get their hands on him.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How awesome it would have been, if a CC/OC person nuked the POS immediately after he blasted the ceiling.

But then the media would be crying foul and wanting to hang the guy that took out the troubled academic.

Yeah, they would have been charged with killing him...since he had not yet shot at them. This IS the Denver area, after all.

Top Bottom