• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is one of the most level headed and accurate opinion pieces I have seen up in the mainstream media.

Gun control or carry permits won't stop mass murder - CNN.com

He makes the point that mass murderers are unlike more traditional criminals. Their need to kill drives them to great lengths in planning and preparation. There was no way this was going to be stopped, regardless of if we had tighter gun control or more lenient gun control. Good for CNN for at least posting a reasonable opinion.

This is probably true but I'd still prefer to have my Glock 21 on me so I can at least return fire if I get the opportunity. 45 ACP might not be effective against a protective vest but it will penetrate a gas mask if one can get close enough to take a head shot.

This is a tragedy, and we can expect the usual suspects to exploit this if they haven't done so already.

Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    Thought this was a great statement by the Gov. of Colorado.... - “This is an act, apparently of a very deranged mind. Uh, this is a safe city and a safe state and a safe country. Uh, and we need to recognize that we can’t allow people that are aberrations of nature to take away the joys and freedoms that we enjoy….” - Col. Gov. John Hickenlooper

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Depending on how far away from the shooter you were. If you were up in the seats, I wouldn't risk shooting that far with a sub-compact. Unless there was no one within 10 feet of him. I wouldn't risk hitting someone else.

I understand what you are saying, but if it's my family and my life in danger im taking that bastard out

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    CNN reporting via TV that the feds have stated that the follwing 4 weapons have been recovered:

AR-15 chambered in .223
    2 GLOCK handguns
    1 shotgun

CNN then went on to say that the inital report they said of an "AK" assualt weapon was incorrect. That it's an AR-15 "knock off clone" that was used.

The shotgun would explain a lot of the shrapnel type wounds. Flying pellets.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    rush limbaugh

really? all you people dont get it do you?! give a monkey a gun and it'll shoot everything and itself. you all say innocent, sane people should still be allowed guns and the gun laws are fine? well then expect more of this because this is the result of your current gun regulations. anyone who supports the gun regulations as they are now? this is your fault too but i know you would never admit it, you are responsible for such things happening, like it or not!
    and those people calling out for a public execution? i dont know where to start at how knee jerkingly stupid you are and what awful things you would invite if your government followed through with your medieval mentality..if you dont comprehend what im saying then imagine that it would only be a matter of time before you started executing innocent people whom were wrongly convicted..its the law of averages! and that murder would be on your hands too!
    what an ridiculous balancing act you play and this sort of thing the the direct result of it..please be brighter and think about your beliefs and how they affect the world. thanks!

Rush is an IDIOT!!!!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hmmm....it's been identified as an AR-15. That must mean they are linking him to Right wing extremist Super-Patriots....

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    rush limbaugh

really? all you people dont get it do you?! give a monkey a gun and it'll shoot everything and itself. you all say innocent, sane people should still be allowed guns and the gun laws are fine? well then expect more of this because this is the result of your current gun regulations. anyone who supports the gun regulations as they are now? this is your fault too but i know you would never admit it, you are responsible for such things happening, like it or not!
    and those people calling out for a public execution? i dont know where to start at how knee jerkingly stupid you are and what awful things you would invite if your government followed through with your medieval mentality..if you dont comprehend what im saying then imagine that it would only be a matter of time before you started executing innocent people whom were wrongly convicted..its the law of averages! and that murder would be on your hands too!
    what an ridiculous balancing act you play and this sort of thing the the direct result of it..please be brighter and think about your beliefs and how they affect the world. thanks!

Rush is an IDIOT!!!!

Umm, what the hell is this? Do you think the REAL Rush Limbaugh wrote this? I assume you are talking about a comment some random person using that name wrote at the bottom of this page:

Police: Theater shooter wore tactical gear, booby-trapped apartment – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    rush limbaugh

Rush is an IDIOT!!!!

What did Rush say exactly? Do you have a link to a full quote? :dunno:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    rush limbaugh

Rush is an IDIOT!!!!

:nuts:

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Story I read had quoted "an AK-47 type rifle that fires 30 rounds of .223 quickly" and this was from a federal police officer. I don't generally bash cops, but this guy is retarded. And then he said " a shotgun that held the legal requirements of three shells, but can be easily modified" ooh, this'll get the antis and ignorant all kinds of things to go off of.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Story I read had quoted "an AK-47 type rifle that fires 30 rounds of .223 quickly" and this was from a federal police officer. I don't generally bash cops, but this guy is retarded. And then he said " a shotgun that held the legal requirements of three shells, but can be easily modified" ooh, this'll get the antis and ignorant all kinds of things to go off of.

Not necessarily. There are AK variants available in .223/5.56x45. I don't know what he is talking about with the shotgun

Top Bottom