• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The stage is set for a new "Crime Bill" to be passed. The Democrats now have their high profile shooting to help push such legislation through congress. If Obama gets reelected, you can bet we'll see a new crime bill banning "assault rifles" being pushed through.

I noticed in the news reports I watched this morning they were calling attention to the "possible assault rifle" used in the attack.

Romney isn't much more pro-gun than Barry O. Kind of silly to think either one of them would be 2nd friendly if there was something they could use to successfully strip rights.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    They confirmed he had NO CCW license, no hunting license, no licenses or permits of any kind. Just heard it on the news.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Someone on Facebook just posted this story.

"Just a month ago this blogger narrowly avoided being killed in a mall random shooting, and now dies in the theater watching Batman in a random shooting. You should read her story. Very sad, and strange how the events are so parallel."

Aspiring Sportscaster Among 12 Killed At Colorado Movie Theater; Last Blog Entry Was First-Person Account Of Eaton Centre Shootings

I hope she used her first experience to get her life right and in order and was able to enjoy it to the fullest with no regrets.

D.L. Moody was once asked if he knew he was going to die tomorrow how would he spend his day. He said the same way he was going to spend it anyway. That has always been my goal in life, live everyday as if it were your last, because it could be.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Just a random thought... I have no access to a TV at the moment, but are they being VERY cautious at his house? Why would a BG just give up that he had explosives? I would fully expect a trap designed to lure a large police response and kill as many as possible.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Romney isn't much more pro-gun than Barry O. Kind of silly to think either one of them would be 2nd friendly if there was something they could use to successfully strip rights.
    True. But having Obama in office for another term will empower the democrats. Perhaps it won't make a difference, I'm no fan of Romney.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'll agree that there is no way to know if an armed citizen (or 10) would have stopped or slowed this guy. However, we DO know what happened when there ISN'T anyone to make a stand. More than a dozen dead, more than 50 more wounded, and maybe 100+ rounds fired over the course of several minutes (and several mag changes). While the police response was REALLY good (5 minutes or so), that is a LONG time to sit and pray you are spared.

This guy simply wanted to kill a lot of people. He expected no resistance, and got exactly that. Did his deed, walked out to the parking lot, and was taken into custody. Proof positive that our current laws, law enforcement, and social norms make us all easy targets.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I agree, but not for exactly the same reason. Not to shoot the guy after the crime begins, but to prevent it from happening in the first place.

This guy KNEW he would meet no resistance. If instead, he KNEW 25% of the populate would be carrying, do you think he would have tried the same stunt?

Certain death from your intended victim(s) is a pretty good deterrent.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This is correct. They also evacuated all of the neighbors.

ETA: They would want a warrant anyway to be able to process and use evidence obtained in court. They could breach the apartment based on PC of criminal activity/immediate harm but IMO should have the additional benefit of a legitimate warrant to help prosecute this bastard and not let him off on a technicality.

Yes, after I thought about it I should have said that the police would probably obtain a warrant in this case before entering.

And now the news reports police have said the apartment is "heavily booby-trapped". Frankly, I'm surprised this nutcase DIDN'T booby-trap his apartment.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just a random thought... I have no access to a TV at the moment, but are they being VERY cautious at his house? Why would a BG just give up that he had explosives? I would fully expect a trap designed to lure a large police response and kill as many as possible.

Yeah, bomb squad, ladders into the second floor, robotic cameras, cleared the area and evacuated.

Very cautious.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana

You are as paranoid as people say! lol :yesway:

That was a compliment by the way...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Someone on Facebook just posted this story.

"Just a month ago this blogger narrowly avoided being killed in a mall random shooting, and now dies in the theater watching Batman in a random shooting. You should read her story. Very sad, and strange how the events are so parallel."

Aspiring Sportscaster Among 12 Killed At Colorado Movie Theater; Last Blog Entry Was First-Person Account Of Eaton Centre Shootings

sheesh... the air in Colorado must be thinner than I thought...

EDIT: I just read her first experience was not in Colorado...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    See I always thought the difference was Terrorists used AKs and SuperPatriots used ARs... At least in the media.

I don't think we should call him a Terrorist until we know what his motives are. He could simply be a mass muderer unless he had an agenda to influence politics or business or religion by fear or TERROR tactics. Thus he would be a domestic terrorist.

It is also interesting that he gave up to police without a fight but people keep saying armed citizens would have had no effect. This guy is a *****, he didn't expect or was planning on anyone to fight back.

One citizen in this theatre could have ended it sooner IMO. Pure speculation only of course and I am not calling anyone else wrong because how can we actually know? This could also be like Tucson and there WERE armed citizens there but we won't hear about them until much much later when no one really cares anymore.
    Yeah I agree with all that. My point was how could they say for certainty it was'nt a terrorist act but then turn around and throw the "Super Patriot" angle out there when they did'nt have any evidence at that time (or still don't to my knowledge) it had any connections either.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yeah, bomb squad, ladders into the second floor, robotic cameras, cleared the area and evacuated.

Very cautious.
    :yesway:
    You are as paranoid as people say! lol :yesway:

That was a compliment by the way...
    Well, it just seemed very odd to me that a guy hell bent on killing that many people would just decide he was done, give up and tell the cops that he has explosives in his house unless there was a reason to do so. So, after making that assertion it was pretty easy to deduce that he would try to lead cops there to kill many of them.

Turns out, I was right! :D / :(

Where is my cookie?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    ^^Not to mention that it's not an uncommon "terror" tactic. Draw in the first response with a "smaller" issue and then take out the first responders.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just overhead Anita Padilla (FOX News) mentioning the fact that Colorado is a CCW state. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Is she insinuating that the assailant is a law abiding gun owner? I'm just gonna stay away from the TV and radio today, and hug my guns.

Well, he might very well be a valid CCW permit holder. Was law abiding up until his rampage.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yup the media is cranking up the machine and laying the groundwork for possibly blaming it on the tea party some how.

Was catching a bit of the coverage on GMA earlier and they had their anchor crew doing a round table and they were talking about not seeing any indication that it was as terrorist act but then the brilliant Brian Ross chimes in and says something to the effect of "at this point it does not appear to be any signs of a terrorist attack but on the other hand it could be some sort of Super Patriot" WTF!? :n00b::rolleyes:

Brian Ross was also saying that there was a James Holmes from Aurora that joined the Tea Party, so he's really trolling for a connection.

Top Bottom